Positivity Thread: 2 game Winning streak, Jets in middle of playoff hunt

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I have a hard time giving a bunch of professional athletes kudos for coming out in the second half and doing what they SHOULD have done in the first half..... not to mention AFTER they got their asses handed to them by their coach and a couple of respected veteran players.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I am positively sure this is the truth.......blow all the smoke up your own ass you like....

3. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

How's this for a positive Avatar pic?

Unfortunately, "positive" doesn't typically follow this franchise

Jets69 likes this.
  4. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

1) Jets won yesterday
    2) it's hallowe'en
    3) A bills fan through "Brady's Dildo" on the field yesterday
    Today does not suck.

[​IMG]

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

There has been lots of disappointment throughout the 2016 season thus far, but yesterday's win was the largest come from behind (2nd half) road victory within Franchise history. Being against the winless Cleveland Browns or not; this team hasn't quit & these players/coaches aren't thinking about the offseason (not quite yet).

We're now on a back to back (two game) win streak with a chance to win 3 consecutive next week against Miami. I refuse to get my hopes up but winning our next two games against Miami & the Rams, in order to improve to 5-5 overall heading into the bye week (while on a 4 game win streak) heading into our matchup with New England? for a Primetime Sunday Night game? Is something that I'm currently looking forward to as a fan.

NYJalltheway and Jets_Grinch like this.
  6. Joe T

Joe T New Member

As a STH and long time Jet fan, I commend you brother for keepin it positive, we need more Jet fans to counter the trashers who are always first to boo their own team off the field, because we all know how much that helps a team want to play better. I never understood that.

On the keepin it real side, we just beat a below average team and a horrible, winless team by 1 score. We're not going to the playoffs, and even if through some miiracle scenario we do we'll look like we don't belong there. The things I look forward to for the rest of the season is seeing if we're making the right moves to set up for success next year. Our 'superbowl' this season is the Pats games, I'll be pumped for them no matter what shape we're in- and since now I hate team Wrecks more than them, would be sweet to sweep Buffalo this year. Other than that, we're looking to the future.

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You wanna be positive after squicking past Browns? Sorry, but I gotta see more than that before rejoicing. And this is coming from a sunshiner

FJF likes this.
  8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

HEY!!!!!
    Positive or GTFO!

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That's just incomprehensible. Oh-fer-franchise history.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It was Cleveland, enough said.

11. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

As much as I am disappointed with the team, I am (trying) to stay positive. This is a critical stretch indeed so that said I am still keeping our hopes up and hoping we make a decent run. I appreciate you staying positive and before we even think playoffs and not looking far ahead, let's focus on Miami. Get the run game going. Clean up the D a little and figure out way to win. One game at a time

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Notwithstanding my tirade against Fitz'sperformance and the easy to ready offensive schemes we seem to implement I will share your optimism if we can figure out a way to get our defense, in particular the secondary, to play the way we hoped at the beginning of the season. We seemed to have lost the formula, and Revis is rapidly imploding before our very eyes. Buster needs to go back to nickle and someone else needs to step up. We get grinded out when it matters the most. We need a hero to seize the moment and get us back to respectability. Last year it was the miracle of Fitz, when he played out of his mind till the last game. So who will be the miracle man for the D this year?

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No we don't.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How about Little Mary Sunshine?

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Monday Night Miracle Game?

16. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

So at 3-5, a LOSING record, we are in the middle of the playoff hunt? That's a crock of shit. Just because you are delusional about this teams chances at making the playoffs, don't blame me for being objective.

The ONLY thing this team proven so far this season is the following:

1) They CAN beat losing teams. They have done it many times over under this current coaching staff.

2) They CANNOT beat winning teams. They have beaten one winning team over the past two seasons, otherwise they get owned by any team that is even a fringe playoff team.

3) This team is NOT getting any better. If they were getting better, they would have beaten at least a few of teams with winning records like Seattle (10-6) and Pittsburgh (10-6). Instead, they played like shit and got owned.

4) It is Toilet Bowles that is to blame for this mess we are in right now. If he were doing his job and making this team better, they would not be sitting at 3-5 and looking at a top 10 pick.

5) More than likely, most of the homer Jets fans will take a two game winning streak against two non winning teams to mean the Jets are headed to the top. The fact is, they suck, and anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that Baltimore and Cleveland are two severely flawed teams. Beating those two teams is not saying anything other than they can win games that they are favored to win.

The above is the OBJECTIVE take on this team. The idea that they are in the middle of the playoff hunt is the biggest bunch of nonsense is a bunch of crap.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Me: This thread is silly.
    OP: Are you sure?
    Me: I'm positive.

18. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

No, it was still really embarrassing.
    They won despite their humiliating play and because Cleveland is slightly worse than we are.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

It helps that the Broncos have to play the Raiders and Chiefs twice and the Chiefs and Raiders have one more matchup. Someone is losing at least 3 more games this year.

But I can't see us getting to 10-6 with the way we're playing. It's fun to think about, but it would take a huge turnaround, and probably something happening to Fitzpatrick and one of the young QB's playing way better than expected to spark the team.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Some of you guys are pathetic. We're 3-5. In the NFL these days, teams come alive sometimes after poor starts. Others fade. It happens every season. Last season, with our easy schedule, was the season we SHOULD have made the playoffs. This season it was a long shot going in, and we probably won't happen with the 3-5 start, but I've got 8 games left this year, and I hope to enjoy them. At best, I hoped for 5-3 at this point, so it's a game or two difference. Suck it up. So a win in Cleveland doesn't count, is that it? Thank God most of you weren't born yet during the Kotite years. I wouldn't rant, but this thread is supposed to be for "positives" - you're trolling your own board!

#40 LogeSection2RowJ, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.