AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

This is why the ciffhanger was a terrible idea.. because of people like me who can't not click on spoiler articles.

There were a ton of crap rumors, but one that was the best evidence was that Glenn and Abraham were barely on set after filming the first episode.

The show did a great job of still making the deaths shocking, but it's impossible to hide anything in Hollywood.

I came into the episode thinking they were both going to die due to the leaks, but still an awesome episode.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Well, if you want to find something out bad enough, the internet makes it possible.

I resisted the urge to search for a long time and only a week or two ago looked around for stuff, the furthest I got was the possibility that 2 characters could die and left it at that.

The gibbering eyeball was awesome.

3. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

[​IMG]

Knew he died from reading the comic, but a very well done episode. Thats how you break Rick.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I avoid spoilers, so I had no clue other than my own opinions. I knew Glenn dies from reading the comics, but wasn't sure if they were going to do it on the show. I thought Abraham was going to be the one. I thought they had wrapped up his story in the previous couple of episodes. I was shocked and pleased with the two deaths. They did a great job considering how terrible the season finale was.

mute and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

They would have added a lot to the character, if Naegen had swung at Maggie, then Abraham jump in front of the bat to save her.

I was expecting Carol to come save the day... perhaps in a few weeks.

Good episode, Fuck Glenn.

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Heartbreaking episode, but I thought the show did a very good job of remaining loyal to the comics, while also putting a new spin on things. It will be very interesting to how they handle Negan and the Saviors. For those who have read the comics, you guys know that there's a lot going on with Negan.

Personally, I thought the show did a brilliant job of handling the governor and making him a much more complex, intricate character than his psychotic comic version. So, I'm very curious to see where they go with Negan.

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the governor was a really really good character. i wont read the comics because i just honestly dont want to know whats going to happen before it happens. i dont understand how folks need to know so badly.

9. John Lombardo

Can they please reduce the episodes in a season from 16 to 12?

They always have a handful of crap filler episodes every since they bumped it up to 16.

10. alleycat9

you dont think it helps with character development? i kind of like episodes when nothing crazy is going on. i dont need big over the top drama in every episode.

Murrell2878 and Poeman like this.
  11. John Lombardo

It did help develop a few things (Kingdom, Ezekiel, Kingdom's deal with The Saviors). I thought Carol "arc" in this episode was crap. Just wasn't a huge fan of this episode. They have had better "slow" episodes in the past in my opinion.

alleycat9 likes this.
  12. The Waterboy

Or maybe the people that read the comics read them years ago before the TV show came out.

phubbadaman likes this.
  13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I like 16 episodes, I think Walking Dead was one of the first to do 8 episode half seasons. It works for that show.

Looks like they got another asian in time to lure audiences back that they lost with Glenn. I imagine that Jester type character with Ezekiel is a badass

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Was a good break episode, the premier was so powerful it felt like a finale so getting last nights episode wasn't bad. Missed some of the scenes from next week, darryl episode coming up next?

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Torture episode

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

17. alleycat9

no problem with those guys, i only get annoyed with the folks who just HAVE to know whats happening.

18. alleycat9

i agree, not a huge fan of carol at this point. the ezekiel character was far fetched but came together nicely by the end. i think the asian guy has to be a badass when it comes down to it. i also think the guy that got beat up by the saviors is going to really fuck things up for the kingdom.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Agreed. I also hope the Tiger survives. Even though CGI is expensive, in small doses they can make a killer character here and can profit from it.

Just imagine if Negan kills the Tiger and skins it to make a nice jacket...PETA would be up in arms over CGI Tiger dying so savagely.

20. The Waterboy

You guys calling Jerry Asian? Looks more Samoan to me.