Week 9: (3-5) Jets at (3-4) Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 31, 2016.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Both teams are coming off of 2 game winning streaks. Miami is also coming off of a BYE. Who gets their 3rd straight win?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I don't feel like our hopes are high enough for that crushing loss we know is coming,
    Jets win by 14

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Tougher question is...

Who has the worse quarterback situation?

Jets or Dolphins

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. The Dark Knight

Miami clearly. Tannehill is not the answer and is being paid big money. Their future is not on the roster. The Jets know Fitz is not the answer, but they atleast could have the answer with Hackenberg or Petty.

kevda5n9ne and FJF like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Just wait til after the bye week when people have had enough time to fool themselves. 85-3 Patriots.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Every week, I wonder how the hell does Brady stay healthy while Big Ben gets beaten up and injured like a rag doll.

How do they do this with a average O-Line?

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Roethlisberger holds onto the football longer. He has his whole career. Just by their style of play Roethlisberger would take more hits and have an increased chance of injury.

the patriots get by with an average O-line because Brady is excellent at getting the ball out, has great pocket presence, and those fuckers hold, hold, hold, as much as possible

kevda5n9ne, NCJetsfan, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have two words for my fellow jet fans.....Jay Ajayi.

That team has gone back to old school football, if the jets can contain him, then they have a chance, but if Sixpatrick has one of his games, oh man we are in trouble.

I don't see the jets defense being able to stop their running game if the jets offense does not sustain drives.

#8 Red Menace, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Jets_Grinch and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. The Dark Knight

I have always said I like the NFL the most out of any sport because of the importance of each game. This year is a perfect example. Just go back to Week 1. The Jets completely outplayed the Bengals, yet blew the game in the end with many self-inflicting mistakes to lose by 1. If they had won the game they would be (4-4) right now and many people would still consider them a threat. Instead, they lost that game and ran into a tough schedule with road games in Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Arizona. Plus a home game against a Seahawks team who was just better than them leaving the Jets at (1-5) and dead. Now, I am not saying the Jets would be looked at as a great team at (4-4), but I think there would be a better overall feeling with the fan base.

Getting to (5-5) with wins against the Dolphins and Rams could get fans excited, but it is likely too little too late and it can all stem back to Week 1.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The one thing we half do okay on defense is stop people on the run...But who knows if our d-line will show up

11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Going Jarvis Landry heavy on daily fantasy this week. Don't see Ayjai going off against our run defense but who knows anymore.

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's actually a deceiving stat, they have been strong at home, giving up only 43 yards, on the road they give up 92 yards rushing a game.

13. BrowningNagle

92 yards rushing on the road is pretty low. That figure is also inflated because David Johnson had that big run on monday night. Take away that 1 run and he had 53 yards rushing that night and the Jets as a team have only gave up 83 yards rushing on average on the road.

I'm not worried about Ajayi. If Miami's plan is to have a power run offense I like the Jets chances. We match up well with that.

slimjasi and Poeman like this.
  14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

More concerned with that WR Jarvis Landry. He may torch Revis

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

absolutely. Landry is a hell of a player

16. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

It's more that Ben tries to extend plays to give his receivers time to get open and then he fires on target to receivers in those broken plays, something we haven't seen with the Jets in ages. Brady, like Peyton, on the other hand lives to fight another day, if his quick routes aren't there and there's nothing open down field he'll throw it away rather than take a hit to extend a play. Not rushing Brady and covering short routes is really the only way to consistently compete against him. Yes there are times when he bows to pressure in his face and shits the bed for a qtr or 2 but unlike Bowles BB will see and adjust to what's being done and then have an eligible lineman on every play to help in protection. It would be nice for once to have a competent HC that has a feel for the game flow and can adjust in-game rather than just sticking to the script for the week regardless of how bad it turns out.

17. The Dark Knight

The Jets can't put Revis one on one with Landry. He would get torched every play. Revis needs to cover their #2 and have two other Jets double cover Landry.

LWC611 likes this.
  18. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Most here thought the same thing last year too but Bowles doesn't get it, he'll just keep throwing Revis out there to cover their top receiver. I can't tell if its because he's too stupid to see that Revis can't cover man any longer (I'd say that's the reason) or he has a built in excuse that he put his top CB on their top receiver just like any other team would do. The more Revis gets torched as the season goes on the more it becomes clear Bowles is clueless and has no idea how to hide an aging Revis.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

At some point Revis needs to do what Charles Woodson did and adapt his game for longevity

20. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

This is going to be the game we need our d-lineman to generate pressure while flooding the passing lanes.