Management should release Fitzpatrick tomorrow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Oct 23, 2016.

1. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

is IK a free agent flippin' burgers these days? Maybe he broke the wrong jaw.......... Give him a second chance?.....

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I was always kind of neutral on FitzPick, and I have never been a Smith fan, but after seeing that Fitzpatrick press conference after the game yesterday, my thoughts are......um.....
    Fuck him! ......cry me a river asswipe.
    I hope Geno is fine and they bench that other fucking delusional asshole until he gets splinters, then send his sorry ass packing.

3. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

The only thing I agree with from the original post in this thread, is cutting Fitzpatrick lose, due to the fact I doubt anyone would trade for a journeyman QB who is leading the NFL in interceptions. The bottom line is Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan aren't going anywhere and rightfully so. You can't keep changing the coach and/or GM after 2 years without looking like a knee-jerk bitch franchise who coddles to their fan base. Nobody with any credibility would want to come work for a franchise like that. With all that said...Cut the Beard!

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Ok, I usually get your humor and find it funny, but you lost me....sorry.

Is it because Rick was on Drugs?

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Fitz's stat line always looks better than he does. Thats his trick, get people to look at numbers instead of the tape.

b.reyes16 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  6. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Geno has a much better arm and can run better than Fitz, if only he wasn't a moron and could toss the ball out of bounds when he's out of the pocket instead of taking an 8 yard sack and unnecessary hit that injures him.

Geno has all the physical tools to be a very good QB in this league, but he has nothing between the ears.

With all that said I would rather play Geno until we're mathematically eliminated and then put Petty in the remainder of the year. I wouldn't cut Fitz, but I would move him to third on the depth chart and have him not dress for a few games, that will get the point across. If Bowles and Mac start Fitz after that, then they have no clue how weak they'll come off.

FJF, NCJetsfan and matt robinson 17 like this.
  7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree except I would cut Shitzpatrick

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He wants to get cut...... and make the rest of that 12 mil sitting at home with his kids and playing the stock market.

I still cant believe he whined like a bitch after playing like the worst QB in the league this season. Does he really think he has the pedigree / resume for that? Even if he did, take it like a man. Dude has had a few decent seasons in his whole journeyman career, he knows he's toast.
    Fuck him.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sure as hell didn't take long for people to hate Fitzpatrick. Can't say I didn't see that one coming.

#cutthebeard

10. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I don't hate Fitzpatrick, just disappointed in his statements yesterday. I was one of the bigger supporters of him on this board. I liked when they brought him in, and thought even without a jaw punch Fitz would take over starting duties and be serviceable under a known Gailey offense. Fitz was tough (playing with a broken finger) and entertaining and a major part of what made Jets games fun last year. Towards the end of last year, Fitz bailed out a sputtering Jets defense and led several come from behind wins with the highlight being the Pats game. If the Jets defense played up to their billing and shut down a horrible Bills team the Jets would have been in the playoffs and could have made a run.

All that being said, Fitz has shown disloyalty to the Jets franchise that did everything it could to revive his career and make him a starting QB. At least two losses this year were directly on him. Locking onto Marshall, being careless with the ball, not taking what the defense gives him. Fitz deserved to be benched and it should have happened sooner than it did.

The Jets mismanaged the whole thing. After the second pick in the KC game, they should have given Geno the ball. That's what Parcells would have done. Show the team that there are no sacred cows and poor execution is met with a quick benching. If Geno did no better they could go back to Fitz and see if he really does "play better as an underdog".

Yes there would have been a QB controversy, but it would have sent a message to other players suspected of dogging it these last few weeks like Wilkerson.

#90 PulseJet, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Thats exactly what i was thinking.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You know, you're probably right. That being the case, I think the Jets should demote him to #4 on the depth chart and have him inactive and not dressed on Sundays. Let him chew on that for awhile. He needs to be disgraced and humiliated publicly. In an emergency, I'd rather see Powell at QB than Fitz. If the Jets do that, I'll bet Fitz quits/retires. In that scenario, I think the Jets might be able to get some cap relief and not have to pay him his full salary. They ought to disgrace his ass and force him to either have to quit or endure the infamy and shame of ending his career inactive. It would also send an appropriate message to all the Jets players to think twice before they shoot their mouths off about Woody, the FO and the CS.

13. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I am not seeing why this is causing a big uproar... My guess is that it was interpreted by one or some in a negative way, and many mindless sheep followed....but I don't see what Fitz said wrong...he said that ownership/management no longer believed in him...FACT...they benched him... he said he had to believe in himself... FACT...well u sure would hope so lol... he NEVER said ownership / management was wrong or not justified in benching him...People are making this a MUCH bigger story than it needs to be....

For the record, I think his play this year was borderline atrocious, i think we most definitely should be going to Petty (if healthy) now and for the foreseeable future, and that Petty / Hack should be the only 2 under center this year if healthy. I DON'T think this presser has any bearing on that decision either way as some here seem to.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO you need to listen to his presser again. He didn't say that the important thing was that the team won. Everything was about him. His comments make the team look bad and could cause a rift between the players and management. As a leader he should not have made those comments. As poorly as he played, he had no right to call anyone out. The fact that he thinks he should still be starting shows how effing delusional he is.

15. 101GangGreen101

The Jets did mismanage the whole thing. It started when they folded and paid him 12M. Fitz doesn't care about being here. BTW Wilkerson is injured, he ain't completely dogging it.

16. 101GangGreen101

This FO is a bunch of pussies for letting Fitz even enter the building today. They should be ashamed of themselves

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they don't know how bad Geno Smith is hurt yet. You cut fitzpatrick and its possible the only thing they have left is 2 guys who've never taken a snap before, one of which is hurt. Cutting him would be the wrong decision. You can let him know his comments were unacceptable by telling him to his face, starting someone else, or ignoring it but moving on ASAP, but you only hurt yourself by cutting him.

They are paying him $12 million whether he's on the roster, cut, starting or benched. Might as well look out for your best interests since the damage is done there. Fitz can hold a clipboard or play but he is done as the QB of the Jets no matter what

Brook! likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I cant blame Fitz for feeling as he did he felt jilted, he did not want to sit , no one does and anyone would get emotional ----privately -----but I am just shocked at how un professionally he handled that press conference ! Instead of saying "I would have benched me too", or "I was letting the team down, I cant play that poorly thats on me",,,,,,,He made it sound as if THEY had no right losing faith and confidence in him and that his play did not warrant a benching ! WTF !
    I wanted Fitz back but not at 12 million especially when there was no market for him, I wanted him back to mentor the younger guys and show them how ITS DONE and to be a professional . After yesterday I again say, sit his ass down , DO NOT give him one more start under any circumstances , either make him the 3rd qb on Sunday or deactivate him and do not dress him . I mean they have to pay him but they sure as hell do not have to play him .For anyone out there that says no one else is ready or healthy enough to play qb I say let Powell play QB or Champ for that matter its the freaking Browns up next !

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

NCJ, I agree park his ass in street clothes

Brook! and Andy_M like this.
  20. jsyankees12

jsyankees12 Member

If Geno is healthy enough to go next week and Petty is healthy enough to go into relief if needed, Fitz's ass should be cut. There's really no point keeping him on this team, his play has been horrendous and his comments yesterday were extremely selfish and tone deaf. There's no way this guy is respected as a leader on this team....Revis played well, we had two picks, gave up like 12 rushing yards and Sheldy went off after his uncle was killed this week, and all anyone can talk about is the fucking $12M backup QB whining that he's not loved after being the worst QB in the league.