Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This game is proof that Fitz is only good when playing out of the backup position.

Also proof that Chan should be calling far more outside runs for Forte than that 2 yards and a cloud of dust garbage.

Cman68 and James Hasty like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The only people at Ivy league schools that aren't on a mostly scholarship basis are the rich ones.

3. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Fitz is a great veteran #2. That said, he needs to be removed from this team after this season, because Bowles is too comfortable playing the guy and you don't want your veteran #2 to be a guy the coaching staff prefers to start, especially if you are rebuilding (which the Jets will be next season). Unless they fire Bowles, which should happen but I doubt it.

Red Menace likes this.
  4. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

So Fitztragic, the interception factory, is feeling vindicated after the Jets win.

“The biggest thing in this game in order to last, is to have belief in yourself,” Fitzpatrick said. “Because when the owner stops believing in you and the GM stops believing in you and the coaches stop believing in you, sometimes all you have is yourself. That’s something that I’ve had to deal with before. That’s something I’m dealing with now.”

People tend stop believing in you when you are without question the worst starting QB in the NFL for 5 straight weeks.

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Play Petty

6. BuzzKillington

His shoulder is sausage.

Jake likes this.
  7. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

If I were pulling down $12 million, I'd be more concerned with doing my job than with whether people believed in me.

NYJETS4life24, hornblower and greaser like this.
  8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Re-signing Fitz was probably Macc's worst player personnel decision thus far. He got hosed by a career journeyman backup QB, who stayed home, acted like a hall of famer, and hung out with his family all day for months, whilst not doing anything football related. At this point, you paid the guy 12 mil, and he is clearly not the answer moving forward. Furthermore, now he's bitching that no one believes in him. To me its simple, he's entitled, a douche, and I wouldn't be upset if we cut him. Petty or Hack would prove more to this football team than Fitz

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. greaser

I'll be honest, I would've signed him based on last year's performance too. Also, even a midlevel QB is valuable in todays market.

My problem is that he is playing so attrocious that he has no business slammimg people that didn't believe in him.
    I tell you what Fitz, give me a damn reason to believe in you. Don't come at everyone like you were mistreated or wronged.

He should've said this, "I know I haven't been performing up to my expectations after setting franchise records last year. I'm working with the coaches on correcting these problems. I don't blame Todd for benching me but I'm grateful to have another chance to turn this around."

#949 greaser, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    RPOZ51 and grkmanga31 like this.
  10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I wasn't high on resigning him strictly because I know what Fitz is. Last season was smoke and mirrors. With that being said, I totally understood why he was resigned. The reason why I'm saying it was the worst is because no one expected him to play this poorly. Also, for him to now come out and cause controversy, and call out the three most influential and prominent members on the team is astonishing. How can someone who played so poorly, given his contract stand off, be so ignorant and downright stupid. 33 year old career journeyman qb and he's calling people out for not believing in him.... it's simply mind boggling.

greaser likes this.
  11. greaser

I said it before;
    Perhaps his time spent holding out would've been better spentvat practice. I am absolutely furious with him as a fan.
    What a con artist.