Management should release Fitzpatrick tomorrow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Oct 23, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what the locker room thinks. The FO and the CS are the bosses. Eff the players. If they like Fitz so much, they should have played harder and better, and not sucked balls for most of this season. I don't think their liking Fitz will make one whit of difference in wins and losses. I think they should cut Fitz just to show the players who's boss and that they're all on trial for their jobs.

As long as Fitz is starting, I think the team would be better served with losses, not only to show him and the team that he sucks and they're stupid for supporting him, but also because the season is lost, and at this point I'd rather that they have better draft position to better address the holes we have in next year's draft.

#61 NCJetsfan, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Freddy Mondo, PulseJet and Jets69 like this.
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Maybe he's acting like a bitch because they told him he's done as a starter here for the rest of the year no matter what?

He shouldn't be saying this shit either way but to come off a win and have the balls to act like you have no idea why you were benched in the first place is a complete joke...did you not play like an absolute fire dumpster for the majority of the season so far Fitz? Are we not 1-5 after you held out all summer to make this franchise look even more pathetic and helpless?

Either way he should be gone or demoted to 4th string and inactive....He's not worth the money time and now the headache....He's like the Joe Montana of JAGS and for some reason we keep coming back for more

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

damn right, with Wilk dogging it, Fitz talking shit and Marshall starting to bubble. I say bench or cut him immediately, then sign whatever bum until Geno or Petty is healthy.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

WELL IF Fitz thought it was hard going into this game wait until next week !!!
    Sit his ass down,,,,,,do not come out and coddle him or make excuses for him make a statement and bench his sorry ass !

b.reyes16 likes this.
  5. buffalo2214

buffalo2214 Member

Hmm, I find this very uncharacteristic for Fitz. And I have to agree with what's being said here. His comments are so far out of line, all you can do is scratch your head and be like.......wtf is that shit? One reporter should have the balls to ask him to his face if he's playing up to his contract. He can't even fall back on Decker's injury for his inept play here considering the money he's making. He's pretty much sealed his fate in the NFL and should consider this year his last big payday. Can't blame you guys for wanting him axed

6. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Well its kinda funny to watch the bots that defended Geno's 'ansty' reaction now piling on Fitz's comments :D

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I think Fitz is going into this "pissed off mode" because he can't accept the fact that he isn't a franchise quarterback. He's been fighting for this role since he graduated college but it's obvious to everybody around the league that he'll never be more than a journeyman bench warmer. But Mr. Wonderlicksballs can't accept that. In the words of singer Ronnie Barron in Above The Law, "You'll never be the f-in man! You'll never be the man!"

Brook! likes this.
  8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Fitz is guaranteed $12 mil.

If we fire him he does not even have to show up at practice / games to collect it.

Should we take the starting job away for good I could see why he might dare us to fire him.

Either way I do not see him playing in the NFL next year.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I am guessing something will have to be done. You don't throw the owner and coaches under the bus and expect things to stay as they were. If we release him we need to do it in such a way that he couldn't go to another team this year. Even then we have to know that Smith and Petty are both healthy enough to take over.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

check the score board

Jets69 likes this.
  11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

It took 26 plays to score from the 3 yard line 3 different times, play Petty, cut him, 12 mil bust

PulseJet likes this.
  12. matt robinson 17

Defense and the running game won the game....the Ravens being horrible helped

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Perhaps you're right. Fitz's 30 yrd lasers to Marshall and Anderson to keep big drives alive late in the game probably had nothing to do with the score.

14. matt robinson 17

That was probably the best pass he threw all season, I don't see the merit in playing him, play the kid

Footballgod214 likes this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Is there an upside to playing Fitz the rest of this season? If so, please enlighten us as to what it could be. I'm honestly curious to hear this. He comes back with one decent relief appearance and then trashes the organization for "losing faith" in the worst QB in the league over the last 5 games? Hell, most of us still don't understand this entire tragic episode in the drama that is Jet QB.

NCJetsfan and matt robinson 17 like this.
  16. BuzzKillington

LOL

Fitzy has all of your panties in a bunch.

17. BuzzKillington

Provide one link where Fitz claims that he is the "leader" of this team.

18. BuzzKillington

Typical.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

playtowinthegame and abyzmul like this.
  20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Fitz has some balls to say that he has to believe in himself because everyone around him doesn't....when you have 11 interceptions, can't complete simple passes, that's what happens, people lose faith in you. Instead of parading in the offseason, and also doing absolutely nothing football wise, Fitz should have not taken his job for granted. Instead we paid this clown 12 million so he can stay home and hang out with the kids all day.

I guess you reap what you sow....in the end we overpaid for a qb who acted like a future hall of famer, just so he can play like garbage.

If we would have cut Fitz a day after he was benched I wouldn't have cared. He's not the future of this team, and in fact, his comments are not only disrespectful, but also controversial and a distraction to a team that has fallen by the wayside.