Management should release Fitzpatrick tomorrow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Seems like Flacco did more for this win that Fitzy did. STFU dude. Take your $12 million and shove it up your hairy ass

playtowinthegame and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I totally agree. They should cut Fitzpatrick tomorrow in all honesty or at the very least bench him the rest of the season. Makes me wonder how much control Bowles really has over these guys. First the Geno incident and now this. Inmates running the asylum.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Players whom ignore the business aspect of this league and think they're 'mistreated,' are full of shit. You expect this type of shit out of the wide receivers and now cornerback divas of the league. Not out of a quarterback. I'm embarrassed for this franchise right now, especially if this goes unpunished. Fucking embarrassing. Bowles has no balls if he doesn't bench his ass for the rest of the season.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fitz was quoted during the game today by one of the announcers as saying to Geno..."As long as you play well I'm here for you".

At first I thought well, that's nice. But then I thought...if he's playing well, why does he need you?

Fitz is one strange dude lately...

5. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't understand how you keep him. Does he give us the best chance to win at this point? Maybe, but questionable. Regardless, this is the perfect time to prove that how much money you make doesn't matter. If you are not a team player, then you're not on the team. I liked Fitz before this. Thought he was a team guy. When you make $12M and don't perform, it's on you, not on everyone else. This is a player that needs to be cut tomorrow and I think the locker room would completely respect it. No one player is above the team.

NCJetsfan and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

We know that it will go unpunished. Geno's reward for his sideline tantrum on Monday night was to immediately be put in the game and then handed the starting job the next week.

7. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that's what we get for pandering to him and chasing him. I was for cutting him loose and moving on after he turned down the reasonable initial offer the jets made early in the off-season. He has never been a great player, this year is over, and he isn't the future. There's absolutely no reason to have him on the roster unless Petty is still injured.

tomdeb, Peebag, FJF and 2 others like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more.

DoubleDecker87 and Andy_M like this.
  9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Fitz in the locker room before the game.

[​IMG]

10. NCJetsfan

If he felt he was mistreated then he's more delusional and stupid than I thought. He has sucked his whole career save for two really good years that got him huge contracts. He isn't worth a fraction of the $12 million that the Jets gave him. He ought to be kissing Jets' management's asses for giving him a chance last year and again this year and all that money. Eff him. If he starts another game for the Jets, I hope he gets hit so hard in his vagina on his first play that he cries and leaves the game and immediately goes to the locker room and retires.

Andy_M likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Not cool!!! Don't insult Spanky by linking him with that POS loser Fitz.

12. NCJetsfan

Don't be ridiculous. Geno didn't have a tantrum. Jets fans. SMH

13. NCJetsfan

In almost every situation, I think it would be ridiculous and a dumb move to cut Fitz during the season, but I think his press conference today is the one situation that would perfectly justify the Jets saying "fuck you", clean out your locker you selfish bastard loser, YOU'RE FIRED! They'd take a ton of heat for doing it from the NY Media and sports media in general, but I think if they came out and said they were releasing him because of his selfishness and lack of leadership and caring about what was best for the team, that most fans would understand.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Where are all the billboard cronies at? Get em going boys let's make this a true circus. :rolleyes:

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We can't release Fitz now, he's going to play really well. That's because every time he gets a contract, he sucks and gets demoted to backup. Then the starter gets hurt, and he plays well. :eek:

In all seriousness, I don't care. I'll defer to the Jets' lack of judgment.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  16. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Outside of the bad sack that he got injured on, Geno looked pretty good. Throws were on point, couple bad drops. He had two "bad" throws and the second one was just a foot behind where it should have been to Enunwa and the defender made a great play knocking it away.

Now Fitz on the other hand was awful. Idk how anyone could think he played well. The stat line looks better than Fitz looked. His throws were way off and I think he actually missed on 5 of his last 6 or something. The TD was just the right play call at the right time. Easy screen TD.

If healthy, there's no doubt that Geno should be the starter next week.

Andy_M and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

The problem with releasing Fitz now, is that the locker room is still behind him. That's what will give us a few more wins. So the owner and the coaching staff don' have his back. This coaching staff is so p-poor that I have little respect for their opinions.

All I want is W's and time to work Petty into the lineup...then goodbye Fitz.

18. NYJets28

NYJets28 Member

"The locker room is still behind him"? I agree that they are but I seriously think the locker room has gotten confused between "Who do I want to go drink beers with?" and "Who is actually capable of making NFL throws to help us win?". I totally agree...I'd rather go drink beers with Fitzpatrick as opposed to Geno, but that isn't "leadership" in my eyes.

19. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Very true, but none of us is getting paid. But maybe we should.

20. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

This is what I was talking about when we resigned him. All of the "rah rah, for the team" stuff of last season was wiped away when he refused to work something out with a team that had zero cap space. I know you have to get yours in the NFL but the QB is supposed to be your leader. As much as I was down on Geno popping off last week I'm doubly down on Fitzpatrick. The guy is more than old enough to not act like a whiny bitch after playing like hot garbage. He had one good "fluke" season and decided he was Joe Fucking Montana. The hell with this season, put Petty in the second he's ready to roll. Stick Fitzpatrick's ass on the bench and call it the day. I'm sick of this years team.

James Hasty and NCJetsfan like this.