Management should release Fitzpatrick tomorrow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Oct 23, 2016.

1. jets12

jets12 Active Member

The guy has choked his entire career and cost us an opportunity to make the playoffs last year by playing the final game like the loser he is.

We never should have signed him this year.

I am sure that all Jets fans would rather see Petty get the job starting next week so we can find out about him.

Mike M. passed on some good QB's and has not had any really good drafts which means the hope for this franchise still sucks. Bowles is a joke as is the rest of his coaching staff. They couldn't wait one more week for Dan Quinn could they?

Woody, don't wait 5 five years to pull the plug on this regime because if you cannot draft players you don't have a shot. Mike M. took a very undersized linebacker over a potential franchise QB in Paxton Lynch which could come back to haunt us a long time.

Find a GM that can draft and coach who has a clue.

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

A guess we lost today...

OK, I'm with you. Change everyone every other season.

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Normally I would say yes we should cut the whiny loser ASAP.

Even though I think Petty should have a shot at starting, Geno Smith is the only QB on our roster besides Fitz with any NFL experience.

On top of that Geno Smith is injured.

Unless there is another QB on the scrap heap with some experience I don't see how the coaching staff can go all in on Smith, Petty, and Hack.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

How did you go from cutting Fitztragic to getting rid of Mac and a supposed mistake for not drafting Paxton and taking Lee?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Might as well cut Geno. Even in a quarter and a half I'd had enough of him.

Play Fitz next week, but start getting Petty reps and ready to start. He's the one I want to see this year

NYJetsO12, rammagen, cgrec and 3 others like this.
  6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ya it works for Cleveland, I'm on board, it be happy if they would just fire all the moronic fan base.

7. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Maybe not tomorrow, but soon, at least according to this article:
    http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/10/ryan-fitzpatrick-not-in-jets-post-2016-plans

but the staff also thinks Geno still has a chance according to the article.

Ron

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

All he has to do a as shut his mouth and he could try to win his job back. But he's still got this huge chip on his shoulder. I'm so done with this guy.

9. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Ryan Fitzpatrick's press conference today was a JOKE. One of the biggest cry babies in the NFL for no reason. The guy was given $12 million dollars yet he has to "take a few days to recover from what was done to him" and "see those people who don't believe in him everyday at work."

Are you fucking kidding me? Saying you should start and that you are the best option while the "immature kid" who's waited for his opportunity for 2 years says the only thing that matters is winning you want to make this all about YOU.. when you did NOTHING to earn that right. I despise this fucking guy and I cannot wait until he's off the roster this summer.

I don't want to hear ONE more thing about Geno being immature because he's clearly FAR more professional than this fucking bum.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

his press conference was quite out of character. Leadership doesn't believe in him? no shit. he was playing terrible. if anything they gave him too long of a leash.. oh yeah and they gave him $12 million too. maybe he should STFU

Brook!, Andy_M, NCJetsfan and 6 others like this.
  11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Buzz off Sixpatrick. You are the worst starting QB in the league. Not a damn soul has faith in you. Retire you scrub. I wish Sixpatrick had a Twitter.

matt robinson 17 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think his press conference was definitely out of character and very self indulgent. It's not like he played well when given the chance today, either. Just the Ravens are a bad football team with so many injuries including their QB. Fitz should be jettisoned at the next convenient opportunity.

matt robinson 17 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They're not going to cut him unless he becomes a significant distraction to the team. That won't happen until he's been benched again in favor of either Geno or Petty, regardless of whatever BS he wants to spew to the media.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with him for 2016. The moment the season ends, however, he should be sent packing, and in the most unceremonious way possible.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

He sounded like a salty bitch in that presser

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

RPOZ51 likes this.
  16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Fitz is 3rd worse QB, just ahead of Taylor in Buff and SB MVP Joe Flacco ;)

17. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I'm surprised these comments are gaining as much traction as they are. Seems like the media is trying to play up an angle where the players want Fitz, but management wants Geno.

18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I have to admit that when I first saw the title of this thread I thought it sounded ridiculous, but I didn't know anything about that press conference then. Now that I do (and have listened to it), I have to say that I'm very sorry that they probably can't do this, simply because there is only one other QB on the roster with any NFL experience. People accuse Smith of being a bad leader? This is the definition of bad leadership. People say Smith is a locker room cancer? This is the definition of being a locker room cancer. For him to pretty much say that the locker room is with him versus the coach and GM being with Smith is in my opinion an absolutely fireable offense. And any other coach or GM who would ever give a scrub like him another chance after this behavior is an idiot, pure and simple.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't know how anyone could get behind him at this point. He called out the owner, the general manager and the head coach because they benched him while posting worse performances than every other player in the NFL at his position. I'm not big into overreactions of cutting players and such, but this may very well be a cuttable offense, especially for a team that is nearly eliminated already by week 7.

What in the fuck is the point in playing him anymore? Are we trying to break the turnover record?

RuJFan, 74 and King Koopa like this.
  20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Fitz is a joke...basically daring them to bench him again and for what?

A real man and a real leader would have said that it was nice for the team to get a win...I didn't play well enought this season but hopefully if/when my oppurtunity comes again I have confidence to deliver

Maybe this attitude is why he's sucked his whole career....well that and the 4th grade girl arm

NCJetsfan and Martin&theJETS like this.