I was Wrong Again......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I agree, putting on a dog and pony show is not what a HC should try to do, it will put him in a bad spot as his players would lose all respect for him.

The one thing he can and should do is bench Fitz, if he is terrible again. That will show players that their jobs are on the line with the organization. Players are all on the same page when it comes down to winning games, if they see Fitz gets pulled, the players then see that at least he is making an attempt to use the best player available that can help
    them win games....that's how a HC sends a message and wins the support of his players.

If he fails to pull Fitz, if he is terrible, then the players will think that he does not have the courage to do what is right, or they may think he just does not know what he is doing, he is screwed either way.

One of the worst things a subordinate can have is a supervisor who can't make the tough decisions, even though he is getting paid to make them and has the authority to do so.

TNJet, matt robinson 17 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If you look at the body language during the games it would appear they have already lost respect for him.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Every year in the NFL there's at least one team that looks bad in the beginning of the season, then turns it around in November and is a different team by the end of the year.

Not saying that'll be us, but I'm just pointing it out ; )

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree RM, except that Shitz has already had too long a leash....I would have pulled him in KC after 3 ints

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

The issue has always been the same with this team. The Head Coaches Woody has hired are shit with the lone exception of Rex. Rex achieved quite a bit here and could have done much more if he hadn't been f*cked by a bunch of incompetent GM's. I would put Todd Bowles right between the Al Groh and Herm Edwards. Todd Bowles plays not to lose just like Herm always did and he has more of a Al Groh type approach to the players. Overall, he sucks and should be fired.

The problem going forward after Bowles gets canned is what is Mac going to do with Verne? No other coach is going to want him playing linebacker. They'd probably have to change him to a Safety which is really where he should be anyway.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

...says 31 out of 32 teams

7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Not true, there are at least a half a dozen teams that know year in and year out they are in the hunt for the division and playoffs.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

true, but in the half-dozen, a few are historically one and done every year, a few a shocked they got there and quickly sent packing. And in the end, only one fan base is happy, while the other 31 are pissed off.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

PART II: Just pathetic last night. One of the worst games I have watched in a long time. And that is saying ALOT because we are talking about New York Jets Football. Fitz was awful again. Guess what? So was the entire offensive line. Matt Forte did nothing. Brandon Marshall made some nice plays but not enough. And on defense? THE HIT MAN was truly missed. I honestly can't remember a Jets defense this bad. Maybe 2005? It has been a long time. I was wrong though. In almost EVERY WAY about this team. Shame. I don't even know what to do now. Too many holes need to be fixed. This is not a one year fix. Maybe not even two. They tried to patch a team that should have been rebuilt and it almost worked last year. Now? Yikes............ God bless any loyal Jets fans who continue to stick this thing out with me. It won't be fun I am sure.

10. The Dark Knight

That's true. However, I would rather be pissed off in January or February than the middle of October. Brutal.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Teams can rebuild quicker now with the rookie salary structure locked in for 4 years. It used to be teams had tons of money tied up in unproven rookies and washed up vets that would cripple them for years. The rebuild timing really comes down to Mac's assessment of what this team needs. If he's right they'll get it shored up in short order. If he's wrong, well then its up to the next GM.

I sure hope he knows what he's doing but after he picked Hack in round 2 as a QB project when he could have grabbed an impact player AND grabbed him in a later round it scares me a bit especially after his whiff on Devin Smith in round 2 the prior year. Why draft a supposed speed guy when he signed a QB with a noodle arm and no accuracy and then re-signed him again when there were others just as good at a fraction of the price? Why sign a RB on the wrong side of 30 for 3 yrs 12mm when the OL can't open holes and there are RB's much younger available for $2mm per? The Revis contract is an abortion, Skrine was over-paid, Gilchrist was over-paid, there was no reason to bring Cro back etc. Just because you have to spend money per league rules doesn't mean you spend it foolishly which he has to date.

It seems everyone except the Jets FO and CS knows the entire OL needs to be replaced. They need to replace the secondary, ILB, they need a true pass rusher and a quality TE would be nice as well. Finding a franchise QB is critical. The only position I don't worry about getting quality is RB, there are always tons of good ones available cheaply unless you overpay like Mac did for Forte.

#91 No Fly Zone, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Peebag likes this.
  12. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Thanks. Now I'm even more depressed. God I hate this team.

TNJet likes this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Allow me to recommend...Makers Mark 46 !

kevda5n9ne, TNJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Cracked open one of those Budweiser cans with the Jets logo, but the beer came out flat.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

:D:p:cool:

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Your bolded sentence is flat out stupid. You have absolutely no proof that Mac could have taken Hack in a later round, and in fact, there's proof to the contrary that 3 or 4 other teams were interested in him, including the Pats and the Texans (who are coached by O'Brien, the HC under whom Hack had the most success), and more than likely, they would have taken Hack if Mac hadn't.

It's also stupid say that he whiffed on Devin Smith. It's way too fucking early to give up on Smith.

They don't need to replace the entire OL. Another stupid comment. Carpenter is very good. Mangold is still good. Winters has been pretty good. Clady's play has been mixed, but Mac made a great move to grab him when Brick bailed at the last minute. They need two OTs, and within the next year or two need to find Mangold's replacement.

In terms of TE, if ASJ gets his act together, he will be a very good starter. They have a young prospect they like in Braedon Bowman

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So what I have been suffering since the 1969 season :mad:

Bill Belichdouche likes this.
  18. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I am sorry champ. That is brutal. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

19. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

a wise man once said

"we live for the pain"

and boy was it true.

20. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

No one had Hack rated higher than a 4th round pick at best. Mac was stupid not me and not the thousands of fans that know its a stupid pick.

TNJet likes this.