Devil's Advocate: Assuming Bowles gets fired at the end of the season- Who do you want?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gordy, Oct 3, 2016.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Bowles is not getting fired. Ridiculous to even consider at this moment.

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

You know, the Panthers and Cardinals are both 1-3 just like the Jets, and have dramatically under performed despite massively talented rosters, moreso than the Jets, and, really, have had easier schedules.

I wonder if their fans are trying to figure out who their next head coach should be.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It is to you. Fine, then don't participate, but it's obviously not ridiculous to us, so please refrain from trying to be a moderator and telling us what we should discuss.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Both message boards don't have a single topic about firing their HC. We already have 2, 4 weeks in. Being a Jet fan is exhausting.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. IdziksGhost

IdziksGhost New Member

I don't think Bowles is getting fired after this year, he may have to lose out or go something like 3-13, but if he does, break the bank for Harbough, whatever it takes.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm not sure he could handle NY, in the end it seemed he couldn't even handle SF.

7. IdziksGhost

IdziksGhost New Member

You may be right, he may not be able to. I personally think his issues were more with the GM than SF, but its possible. Still, he is the only guy that I think you can trust to maximize the QB position, so he'd be worth the shot to me.

8. Don

The fans have more trust in their coaches as both have produced in the recent past.

TNJet and Ralebird like this.
  9. Don

I would too and he seems to want back into the NFL, the problem is there will be a lot of competition and I'm not sure we could beat them out.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The guy is currently in his 2nd year with an (11-9) record through 20 games. Not great, but not terrible either. Not to mention he took over a team that in 2014 went (4-12). I understand why people are upset right now, but too early for this talk. Agreed, no need for me to participate if I disagree though.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets won 10 games last year. If Bowles doesn't have a good season, he ain't getting fired right away. This is a knee jerk reaction thread. If anything, Mac and Bowles both deserve to share a lot of the blame for the issues that transpired.

Mac botched the Fitzpatrick issue, drafted another QB and impeded the progress of the young QBs.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Listen, I really liked Bowles' hiring and the job he did last year. I'm really puzzled and frustrated that he has seemed to regress or be so clueless this year. I hope there is something going on behind the scenes of which we're not aware that's causing this situation, and it will be resolved. I want him to succeed. I'm tired of the coaching carousel. But if he doesn't wake up, improve and make some changes, and the team play better, I don't see any reason why the team should potentially waste another year on him. IMO he has to show signs of being able to figure out what's wrong, and have some idea of how to fix it, especially the D.

rohirrim665 and The Dark Knight like this.
  13. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I know I sound like a broken record sometimes but we are getting literally the worst QB play of any team so far this season

Maybe we can blame Bowles for sticking with Fitz this long and not having the defense playing like they should but honestly if we were getting solid QB play we would be 2-2, maybe 3-1 right now

It's really that simple to me.....sure there should be improvements across the board but Fitz is killing us.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

feels like a lifetime ago that the Jets were not getting killed by their QB play :(

15. Don

Favre I guess was the last.

TNJet likes this.
  16. MizzouJet

MizzouJet Well-Known Member

If the defense continues to regress, while I doubt it will happen I could see it IF a clearly better alternative became available. Remember, Bowles wasn't Macc's hire...he was here and accepted the job after Bowles was hired.

I think it's too early to can Bowles too...but as bad as Fitz has been, the defense is more concerning (we knew Fitz's ability to suck was a possibility) to me....there's a LOT of #1 picks and a LOT of money on the D on the field. I'd like to think I'm not holding Bowes to too high a standard to expect at least a competitive D at this point...it's supposed to be his strong point.

17. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Bowles isn't getting fired, unless Woody is an idiot. >cough<

Ron

18. MizzouJet

MizzouJet Well-Known Member

And if it's Woody making that decision, Mac should quit.....because owners should hire football pros to handle football decisions.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Exactly........whats more entertaining???. A 3-13 jets team or a 13-3 jets team? LOL

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Harbaugh is an interesting thought......put that one away and lets revisit that in a couple years.