Devil's Advocate: Assuming Bowles gets fired at the end of the season- Who do you want?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gordy, Oct 3, 2016.

1. gordy

gordy Member

They have to be available and obviously would want to actually coach this franchise.

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

offensive innovater . kyle shanahan. he finally got matt ryan untracked in atlanta.
    rg3 was pretty good in washington under him also. so was jay cutler in denver.

easier to find a decent defensive coordinator than offensive one, in my opinion.

Henryflo1 and almbleamal like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I remember a time when a New York head coaching job in any sport was something people would kill for. I guess those days are gone now. Hard to say right now but if any marginally successful HC were to become available, I would like to think Woody gets the hell outta the way and lets Mac make the hire. I would like an offensively minded HC for a change though.

4. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Cowher
    Billick
    Mooch
    Gruden
    Edwards
    Coughlin

Not retired
    Mcdaniels
    Matt patrica

5. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Were already at fire bowles? This has escalated quicker than usual lol

Dom, BomberJet, ajax and 6 others like this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

When people say they're going to stop being Jets fans, I can't relate. As if it's a matter of choice? I don't understand.

But if Coughlin or Patricia becomes head coach of the Jets... well... I don't know what to say. Maybe I'll just drop dead on the spot and save myself the trouble of revoking my fandom.

Honestly, I would rather lose with mediocre newbies than crawl to guys who have already made their legacy with the Giants and Patriots. For the love of God, let me at least have the dignity of losing with coaches I don't already despise.

I don't want a retread coach. Period. I DEFINITELY don't want a coach who has already won a ring. When my coach wins a ring, I want him to be MY coach. I want him to be a Jet, period. I don't want my coach going to the Hall of Fame wearing someone else's cap. Have a little dignity. Jesus.

#6 twown, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Dom, PhillyJet52, TNJet and 1 other person like this.
  7. gordy

gordy Member

What part of Devil's Advocate did you not understand? WOW, put it purposely first and still.........

8. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Jim Harbaugh

almbleamal likes this.
  9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

10. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Patrica has a legacy? Lol

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

12. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

With that said... then whats the point to your post? Lol im no mood for a dumb off with you.. I get it, hypothetical question you dont want to see happen but he asks anyway..

13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I kind of like Jim Schwartz. He had a great defense with the Lions and when he left it sucked. He had a great defense with the Bills and when he left it sucked. He took over an awful defense in Philly and it's really good now.

If we're going to go offense, I like Kyle Shanahan.

jetsclaps likes this.
  14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I appreciate you offering suggestions and contributing to the discussion. You don't have to agree, but you get what I'm saying.

Coughlin has a legacy. Patricia has two rings, including one as a coordinator.

Plus, come on, we already tried this with Mangini. If we try it again with Patricia, we might as well just start begging on Boston street corners. The whole world will be laughing at us.

Imagine the press conference for the next DC at New England: "And now, introducing the next world champion defensive coordinator, and future Jets head coach..."

15. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Out of the box/college:

Tom Herman, Coach of Houston
    Kevin Sumlin, Coach of Texas A&M

I like McDaniels though from New England...thought he got a raw deal in Denver (some of his own doing) and will do very well next time around

16. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles will not get fired at the end of this season.

soh_vet, Dom, BomberJet and 6 others like this.
  17. gordy

gordy Member

If Harbough comes then it's a Woody decision and Mac is gone as well. He'd want complete control

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Jesus fuck, you're like Don with a bong.

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Ben McAdoo. Because if Woody fires his coach after one losing season (assuming we actually have a losing season) then I might as well spare myself the misery and root for the Giants. Speaking of which, remember how Giants fans were screaming for Mara to fire Coughlin (and Parcells back when Parcells first started coaching)? And how Pats fans wanted to fire Belichick right before Brady took the QB job? But Mara and Kraft had the sense not to?

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I don't think Bowles would or should be fired as of now but I don't think record should be the only reason either way

It should simply be...do you want Bowles to lead this franchise or is there somewhere out there that can do a better job? That's it

jerseyjay14 likes this.