Bench the Beard

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Oct 2, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I respect yours as well. Yes, top coaches lose games because they don't have a top QB, but overall, top HCs find a way to win or at least remain respectfully competitive. Their teams certainly don't consistently beat themselves.

I totally agree that coaches do get too conservative. Bowles is one of them, I fear. I'd rather have a "riverboat gambler" mentality with my HC than a cautious, conservative type. Better yet, is an innovator who knows how to think outside the box and is a creative problem solver. Unfortunately, those don't grow on trees.

2. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Not near as bad as seeing the way Fitz is playing. 9 picks in 2 games? Geno never done that in any 2 games combined.

3. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

It's 1 and fuckin 3, of course the players will be pissed if we give up already and throw in Petty or even Geno. Lots of work has gone into this, they have to see this through. You bench Fitz now you lose every fucking player in the locker room not just Marshall. You are saying everything we have preached to you all offseason all though camp is total bullshit. If we get to a really poor record then ok, the players will understand but it's 1-3 long ass season.

Fitz needs confidence, Marshall knows this. Marshall backing him, I like it.

4. Hayden

Hayden Active Member

If Fitz isn't getting it done and they won't go to Geno maybe we should start looking at QB's on other teams.

5. Great...we'll do things your way...

We'll start Fitz the WHOLE season finish somewhere around 5-11....and then he, BMarsh,Decker,Mangold, Revis...and all the rest of the good ole boy network can all sink in their S.S. Minnow to the bottom of the Mickey mouse football sea. Afterall..they kept the team & fans hostage all off season for the pile of trash we are now witnessing every Sunday.

Sure..maybe they all hate Geno & this was there mature way of voicing that during offseason. But to throw your weight around & show conviction for what we are witnessing from this team...is just wrong on every imaginable level.

Those clowns showed more passion & fire for having Fitz throw ducks during OTA's...than they've showed for even 1 lousy qtr since the season started. Forget the name recognition. They can all go rot.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Seems like an innocuous comment about the weather, to me. We might be trying too hard, here.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

If a 12th year QB makes or breaks on confidence that is terrible. By now they should naturally have it. That's right.... its impossible to have confidence when you can't throw 40 yards.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We agree. Revis is a shadow of his old self. But the fact remains Fitz sucks like no other starting QB by a long shot. So no sense protecting his mediocre ass any more either.

10. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Sure does when your back up qb is a clown that everyone saw knocked out by a new comer late round pick.

11. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

From Adam Schein at ESPN ...

Should the New York Jets bench Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Only if they want to have a chance to win.

And that comment has nothing to do with Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, Richard Todd, Joe Namath or whoever else is waiting in the wings. Look, the quarterback is straight-up losing games for the Jets. Fitzpatrick has nine picks in his last eight quarters. The stench of Week 17 -- when Fitz tossed three picks to bury Gang Green's playoff hopes last season -- hangs over the team, too.

The Jets have talent, but this season is starting to go down the drain. New York is 1-3, with these three games on tap:

» Sunday at Pittsburgh.

» Monday, Oct. 17 at Arizona.

» Sunday, Oct. 23 vs. Baltimore.

New York has an issue -- and it wears No. 14. The problem with Ryan Fitzpatrick is that he's Ryan Fitzpatrick, and simply not very good.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...cons-look-worthy-panthers-cardinals-look-lost

12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

The only reason I disagree, is because I want Fitz to be the QB whose head gets ripped off in Pittsburgh.

After he is carted off with torn labia - Petty time.

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

having seen him many times on tv in upstate new york when he played for the bills, i was opposed to the $12 million contract.

he is a 2-3 game backup, not a starter. they should have saved the money and rolled with geno, or even signed a foles or yates to backup geno.

last year was a mirage/upside due to the weak schedule. when the playoffs were on the line, he could not get the job done.

the ONLY thing saving his butt right now is the fact that the head coach has not fixed the pourous secondary. nor has he fixed the amateur attempts at tackling.

if parcells were the head coach right now, geno would start, and that defense would be in pads running two days of tackilng drills.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Schein is a clown. Read the whole article. Every point he makes is an overreaction to something that happened yesterday. Pull up this article in a month and you'll laugh at it.

Jetaho likes this.
  15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The only thing we are laughing at is your ridiculous avatar that Fitz is some sort of Jedi Master, time to superimpose him on Jar Jar Binks,

16. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

I agree Schein can be a tool, but the infamous week 17 didn't happen yesterday, nor did 7 of his INTs. The problem I have with the "article" is that there is no one better to step in, if he was in fact benched. Certainly not Geno. Anyone know anything about Petty's recovery progress? Anyone? Beuller? ;)

17. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

How about fire the old fossil of an OC first before we fire the GM and HC. His play calling is questionable at best.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#237 AJW, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  18. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm sure we'll all be laughing when we're staring at 2-6 and a wasted season by November with an overpaid and overrated 30 something year old journeyman QB trotting back out there because he gives us the best chance to win

19. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

THIS!!!!!

20. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Same here. 35 years and counting.