I was Wrong Again......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 2, 2016.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Our secondary is weak.

We still don't have linebackers that can effectively cover TEs.

If the other team puts 8 guys in the box to nerf our best offensive player (Forte) we do not have a QB that can make them pay for it.

Our OL, front seven, and WR corps have some promising young players but our holes in the passing game on both sides of the ball need to be addressed.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we shoudlnt want to go 8-8. we are better off going 3-13 while giving lots or reps to young kids and getting a high impact draft pick.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Our secondary is definitely weak.

Bruce Carter can cover TEs. I have no idea why he's not playing on D. I think Lee will eventually be able to cover TEs, but is still learning the ropes.

Geno could make opposing teams pay for putting too many men in the box. I think Petty can as well when he's healthy.

Hopefully, ASJ will pan out and he will fill one of the holes in our passing game. Winters is improved and Ijalana and Qvale have done pretty well so far this season but I'm not sure any of the 3 are good enough to be first-rate starters. They all may be better-suited to be backups.

Our DL is great, but the LB corps still needs work. I think that both Lee and Jenkins will probably be fine, but Harris is too slow and can't cover. Mauldin is probably only a backup-level player. He certainly isn't the stud pass rusher we need.

The thing is, even with all those issues, the team should still be 3-1. Getting beat by a team that is better or that outplays you is one thing, but it's quite another to beat yourself with a missed extra point, missed FG, interceptions, fumbles, stupid penalties and sloppy play is quite another.

4. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I feel like opposing QB's complete 90 % of their passes on us. I watch all these other teams and they have no name corners and safeties flying around making plays and we can't break up a pass with our 17 million dollar corner,1st round safety, and our defensive back guru head coach. It has to be the scheme. No way all our DB's can be this bad.

And then we have our offense who was finally fun to watch for the most part all of last year and through two games this year. Now all of a sudden every yard is a struggle again and we are turning the ball over in droves. Pretty sad turn of events.

nyjetsmets89 and RexontheBeach like this.
  5. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

Do you remember garbage time in Buffalo week 2? It's like they all forgot to stop playing like that.
    Just shut it off and never turned it back on.

Just once I want to tell someone I meet that I'm a Jets fan without..
    A. Condolences
    B. Lament

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

c: Pity

NY Jets68 and greaser like this.
  7. Jd4540

Jd4540 New Member

Yup...been a fan since 83, contemplating the idea that I will not see them win a super bowl in my lifetime...insult to injury is watching closely how easy Belichick and Brady have made it seem

8. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

quit whining you lil' pansy....try 48 years of this shit....:D

9. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

The worse part of this nonsense is we only really have petty to hope for. Geno and hackenberg are sacks of shit. We over paid for both of them. I do understand that at the time geno was a value pick but the league literaly pissed their pants laughing at us when we picked hackenberg when we did. Hopefully petty will be ready to roll this season or next.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  10. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Enough of this quiet leadership. it's time for a little yelling. Its time to start calling people out. It's time for a little accountability.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

This is almost all on the defense. We all knew what Fitpatrick was coming into the season ... Up and down ... And I still expect to see plenty of "ups" from him. But this defense was supposed to be a monster ... And they turned out to be an imposter. At what point are they going to stop digging holes for the offense to dig out of?

No sacks, no turnovers, shitty open field tackling, can't cover a tight end, busted coverages all over the field ... ZERO game changing Richard Sherman type plays.

The QB hasn't played well. But he looks like Dan Marino compared to what this defense has given us this season.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  12. James Hasty

Defense is the larger problem but we need to commit to running the ball. Expecting Fitz to win a shootout with the likes of Russell Wilson is a fool's errand.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Accountability isn't calling people out.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  14. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

The most fun of watching today's game was switching over to the Ryder Cup. And I oughta know, I did it several times.

15. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You can't commit to running the ball so much if you're facing 8 in the box constantly. The entire 2nd half, every run was nullified by loaded fronts and lack of good run blocking by this line. Teams are daring Fitz to beat them these last 2 games.

16. James Hasty

You still don't give up on the run.

Also you mix in passes to the running back and tight ends. You get young guys like Peake more involved if you need to throw the ball. Completing short to medium passes thrown to guys in stride can pile a ton of yards. Having or letting Fitz force the deep ball to Marshall in triple coverage is never the right answer.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

What's a tight end?

18. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Clearly you never played sports.

19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I have to say watching Hackenberg in that preseason game was probably the worst QB play I've ever seen and that includes watching Fitz last week. I know its one preseason game, but I am not joking when I believe there are fans in the stadium that could have suited up and played better. Yes, he could get better, but he looked so bad that I think it would take him awhile to play at the level of 3rd string QB.
    While Lee is somewhat justifying his spot, I really question what Mac was thinking when he took on such a project in the 2nd round.

harts24 and thankyourevis like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Wrong.