Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

I said this two years ago. He's always been pathetic.

zace likes this.
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I never wanted him on the team but I was just like fine he's a solid backup that knows the system, whatever

What a nightmare it's turned into...Fitz has tricked another damn team into giving him the keys to drive it right off the cliff....yet again

3. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Really miss all the Fitzpatrick nut huggers who's only argument last year was calling those who knew Fitz was terrible was that those posters were "Genobots." Please come back anytime.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

All he can do is throw short passes and interceptions. There's no winning strategy that combines those two.

zace and King Koopa like this.
  5. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

He can complete some medium length throws but it only works if they continue running the ball.

Unless they fix the playcalling it doesn't really matter who is under center. Geno would just rack up sacks where Fitz would throw interceptions.

6. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Two rookies, Wentz and Prescott, have 0 interceptions combined up to this point. Fitz, an 11 year vet, has 10 through 4 games. Did I mention he's making $12 million?

Only the Jets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Fitz isn't terrible. He is what he is - an average QB and as such an upgrade on what we've had in recent memory.

He won't win you a game if he's throwing 40 to 50 times, he won't shift you down the field in huge chunk/highlight plays and against a good tight secondary he will get picked.

On the plus side he has got good pocket presence and his elusiveness can add seconds to plays (not that our recieving corp seem to have any idea what to do at the end of their routes) and is a professional i.e not a git we're forced to root for 'cos he wears the green uniform.

At the moment the only facet of our game that's working is the D line and that matters not a jot because our secondary is playing 10 yards off and can't cover worth a damn. The ST's have cost us in 2 games so far, The receivers aren't getting open, the Oline is getting worn down and we don't have a QB or RB in the Luck or AP mould that can overcompensate for that.

Quite frankly we're average and whilst I'm not putting the blame all on one position..........I'd look to get Petty ready for week 6 if we're still showing a lack of effort and spark on our next outing + Lets start jamming their WR's at the freaking line!

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And when there arent defenders in the way. Im curious if anyone can dig up the number if tipped passes prior to this week.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

9. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Andy Reid and Alex Smith beg to differ as do any Bronco's who watched their team win it all last year.

10. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

For those scream for Geno nope that should not happen. I say if petty is healthy and this continues and the yr is spiralling down then play Petty. Need to know what we have. One pick was his fault today but three were thrown.
    Marshall has to run that route to the end. The tip ball agan and the the horrible under throw.....

11. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

I know its a small thing but....

Fitz, you cost us two damn games you asshole. Could you at least show up to the podium in something other than shorts, tshirt and flip flops??
    Maybe I'm old school, I duno. Just get this loser out of my sight.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Geno then Petty, and it should be that way. Petty hasnt done anything to leapfrog Smith.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

And to think there was a salary soap opera last offseason for THIS! Ugh.

14. rammagen

Unless out playing him in the preseason is nothing then you are right. Seriously Geno has no future here and if we are building for the future why play him? We need to know what Petty is

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He most definitely did not outplay geno. He had a decent preaseason. Petty has no real game experience. Geno does, you only turn to petty when the season has gotten away and geno fails. Both are a possibility.

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It's not just the picks, its the inabilty to move the team down the field. He didnt do it in the preseason either.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So I post that I hope the Jets play Geno next week and you call me pissy. Sorry you don't understand what a scapegoat is.

18. rammagen

then we did not watch watch the same preseason
    geno smith had a rating of 62 % and Petty had a rating of 95% what do you call that? Wait I know you will say the level of competition but Geno sucked against 2nd teamers and back ups for that qb rating so please don't use that argument

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Love all the hysterical geno fans. Keep posting please.

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No not that, where you assume i mean a personal attack on you when i dont. That dance.