Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I think people trying to trick themselves into believing Fitz is "mediocre" is much worse when his whole career screams otherwise. He's actually trash as a starter, always has been and always will be. Please tell me how he has NEVER won a road game against a winning team in all of his seasons as a starter for who knows how many different teams.....how is that even possible?

Geno never had a real shot with a real offense and I don't really care about anyone's opinion on that because I'm dealing with facts

Geno 95% will probably always suck but Fitz is 100% in that category

I hope higher hopes for Petty than anyone btw

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Yea, my point wasn't so much that Smith should be put in, as it was that at this point there isn't really as big a difference as some like to make out. The mistakes being made are the same....staring down receivers, forcing balls,favoring a receiver to the point of being transparent, throwing behind receivers, etc. Fitz is not a bargain at 12M. He is buying time for Petty and/or Hack but it is going to get ugly in the meantime. He overachieved last year.....by a lot. I am sooooo sick of hearing "I know I can't do that..." out of these guys. Well then fucking STOP doing that, right now, today. It's not rocket science.

3. ThatQueensGuy13

ThatQueensGuy13 New Member

Yea but it's only for one year

4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

1-2 so far against a schedule NO ONE had the Jets going 3-1 or 4-0 against.

Patience.

There may be a few more bumps in the road this scedule is that hard.

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

We as fans realized that the schedule was going to be tough, but the jets with a good QB could have been 3-0, they have had an opportunity to score plenty of points and put these games out of reach.

Unfortunately the lack of good QB play has killed this team and that's why they are 1-2, it's not the schedule that has been insurmountable, it's the QB.

matt robinson 17 and Jets69 like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Right. Every other facet of the game has been aces.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

They were in Games 2 and 3.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mrodriguez4096 likes this.
  8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Have you ever heard of sarcasm?

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We lost week 1 because we missed an extra point and a chip shot FG.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think you'll remember that I questioned the need to resign Fitz so I'm far from an apologist but I keep seeing that stat about how he's never beaten a winning team on the road and frankly it bugs me because its kind of a BS criticism.

There are a lot of QBs like that. Its tough to win on the road and in a given year most teams in the league are going to finish without a winning record so you don't really get that many chances at it to begin with. Did you realize that Matthew Stafford, who I would say is a damned good QB just got his first ever road win against a winning team last season? 96 starts - 1 road win against a winning team. Fitz 108 starts - 0. Or Matt Ryan, he's good right? He hasn't had a road win against a winning team in 5 years.

Its further compounded by the fact that Fitzpatrick has been on some shitty football teams. Last year when he actually played on a good team for a change, he only played 1 team on the road with a winning record. He threw for 300 yards and 2 TDs in a game @NE that the defense blew late.

That stat would be one thing if it was obvious he's a bad road QB or they stand out compared to his play at home. But, I don't really think he's a bad road QB, I mean shoot he just lit up Buffalo on the road didn't he? Carson Palmer goes there the week after and tosses 4 picks. typically he's the same QB whether its home or on the road so the stat is junk

richieC likes this.
  11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Exactly RM, we are wasting all this offensive talent with a QB with no arm

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I understand how special teams failed them week one, but to excuse Fitz for missing a wide open Marshall at the back of the end zone is not ok, he threw the ball 5 feet over his head. Even the announcer mentioned that if that what is in stomach, it's a TD.

I'm not giving up on the season by any means, but man, it's a tough pill to swallow when you have a 12 million dollar QB that's being outplayed by the likes of Simian, and Wentz.

13. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

14. Ralebird

A couple of thousand comments here say otherwise.

15. Greenday4537

Jets defense were responsible for 10 points in Game 3 and except for Revis giving up huge chunks of yards on his own, they did pretty well Game 2.

16. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

He also out performed Fitz also.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I'm going to continue calling out the stupidity of this thread, because it has to be done.

Last season Fitz led us to the #10 ranked offense in the league.
    Any of you want to guess when was the last year we had an offense ranked in the Top 10? ...

Before that? ...

So ... that's Never in the previous 14 seasons and TWICE in 22 years that we had a better offense than we had in 2015. But people on here think it was a "major mistake" to resign the QB of that offense? Really??

Just think about how ridiculous that sounds.

18. Ralebird

Are you really trying to back up the comment that the QB has been responsible for every bad thing the Jets have done? That the QB play is killing the team and put it in an insurmountable position? We're looking at three games now and the entire offense, the entire defense, all the special teams and all the coaching and you want to back the guy who puts all of that squarely on Fitzpatrick's shoulders? Seriously?

19. Greenday4537

Other players have had some pretty terrible fumbles.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Don't mind the Geno fans.