Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by microscopes, Sep 11, 2016.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

A sample size of 6 is too small to draw conclusions. Revis could buck the trend, especially if the voters recognize how good he was despite the low INT total.

2. Jd4540

Jd4540 New Member

Great players in all sports, who have long careers are able to make the transition when their physical capabilities begin to drop off but they are able to compensate mentally based on experience with anticipation and having a better understanding of what they are facing/dealing with moment to moment in a particular game time situation-he may or may not be able to do this....In his prime we would never heard his name during the game (since no one was throwing his direction) which may account for lack of interceptions compared to others

3. ThatQueensGuy13

ThatQueensGuy13 New Member

Pff just ranked the cbs with the lowest completion % vs them last year revis was number 1

Hof takes analytics in consideration now

And Idk where revis ranked in years previous I'm sure he was top 3 top 5

4. ThatQueensGuy13

ThatQueensGuy13 New Member

It's about stats

And accolades

And a sb ring also helps although not required (unless ur a qb maybe )

He has as many or close to as many all pros or pro bowls as c wood champ ty law or any of the great cbs in his generation or past generation

The sb ring is the cherry on top

He's 1st ballot

And just in my opinion

But in his peak he's the best cb of all time

And if it's really about stats

Analytics show he's been top 3 or 5 in lowest completion % against every year

He was number 1 last year

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He's going to the Hall of Fame but he needs to start playing like there is an actual season going on in 2016 and not thinking about his career in context

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Revis, certainly hasn't played like a hall of fame bound player this season. Have to imagine getting toasted hurts your legacy. Probably should focus on football instead of tweet war with J. R. Smith, of all people.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sometimes, I wonder if Revis is still motivated to play at the highest level and take on those challenges. His technique is so sloppy as of late. How much of that is the wrist? At one point, I thought Revis had the best CB technique out of any CB. Got the ring, got the money. He just needs more interceptions to make his HOF stats look better.

8. richieC

richieC Active Member

Revis has claimed he wanted to be here and wants to win here. But in my mind, he came because he got paid here. In my mind, the Jets gave him the most money he could get. That is why he came back. Revis is still a good player, but Jets definitely overpaid.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

did you do those counts yourself or is there a site that provides that info? I'd like to take a look at the site if it exists.

thanks.

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

If you got to help a $16M corner to cover, what's the point of having him in the 1st place? It's better to put Revis in a position where he can cover someone 1-1 successfully even if it's not the top opposing WR.

11. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

If he can slow WR to give DBs time, why bother giving him safety help? The QB wouldn't have time to throw deep.
    This is the problem: Revis stopped jamming the receivers and they can just outrun him.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's best to put Revis where he can help the team most. The sunk cost of his contract doesn't matter.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Bowles needs to make Revis eat his meals out of a dumpster for a few weeks. Maybe when he's hungry he'll start balling. Fat and happy with a SB ring tends to slow you down.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

His season in NE Revis played up on the receiver most of the time, but he usually had help over the top.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You have a sense he was playing the other team's no 1 receiver or the no 2?

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

• AFC Defensive Player of the Year (2009).

• NFL Comeback Player of the Year (2013).

• 5x First-team All-Pro (2009-2011, 2013, 2014).

• 7x Pro Bowl (2008-2011, 2013-2015).

• Super Bowl Champion (XLIX).

Some of you sharks in the water are absolutely ridiculous.

Before stating that "the past is the past" while using words like "mediocre" while discussing Darrelle Revis please understand that we're only two games into the season.

And let's not forget that #24 graded out as a top 3 Cornerback last year and was rated #1 against the pass in terms of Quarterback completion percentage against.

I can't believe I'm reading posts within this thread disrespecting Darrelle Revis who's been arguably the greatest Jets defensive player of All-Time. All because A.J Green went off and Revis got beat deep against Buffalo on an excellent throw by Taylor.

We're only two weeks into the season but yet critics are acting as if Revis is 35 years old when he's still only 31 with a few more seasons left in the tank as an elite cover corner.

Stop acting as if Revis isn't coming off a great 2015 season last year. Stop pretending as if Revis didn't make the Pro Bowl last year as a top 3-5 NFL CB who rated #1 against the pass in terms of WR catch percentage against. And stop being extreme acting as if his coverage ability has diminished all because we're a whopping two games into the season.

Using words like "mediocre" when discussing Revis? Laughable.

Some of you sharks in the water don't deserve #24 as your #1 coverage corner; instead you all deserve the likes of Russell Carter, Derrick Strait, Justin Miller, Kyle Wilson, Dexter McDougle and Dee Milliner.

For those of you who've already forgotten due to only "two games" into the 2016 season. Pathetic.

Wah, Walt White and ThatQueensGuy13 like this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Belichick switched it up a lot, that's why I hate that fucker cause he puts everyone in a great position from game to game. I was watching the Lions game I think when Revis was there. Browner was on Calvin Johnson with safety help the most of the game.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This post should be in the dictionary under what "Homer" means.

19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Uh huh, but how dare anyone say any thing about that fat fucktard in Buffalo

20. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

That highlight gave me hope that he will come back soon and hopefly its just some early struggles. Esp with our pass rush i dont see how he is looking so bad when last year he was so good still. I really hope he comes back soon that would make this D so strong.