Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

Well said, spoken like someone who attends Jets team meetings....... :-(

2. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I agree, but while Petty is unproven, he seems to have higher upside. Also, for whatever reason (fair or unfair) Geno seems to attract drama. Drama = distraction. after this year (or maybe during) I'd cut bait with Geno

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Sam bradford (17 mil a year) - DNP
    Brock oswiler (at 18 mil a year) - 22/35 221 yards 2TDs 1INT
    RG3 - 12/26 190 yards 0TDs 1 INT hurt shoulder and wont play again for a while
    Case Keenum - 17/35 130 yards 0TDs 1INT
    Mark Sanchez - DNP was cut from broncos, beat out by a 7th round QB from last year, backing up a 7th round rookie in DAL now

Those were basically all the possibilities this off season

Fitz was 19/35 189 yards 2TDs 1INT (late game desperation INT )

So while fitz didn't have a great game, it's not like any other options did. Only oswiler won and his stats were very similar to fitz

LarryAlRalph and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You do not have attend team meetings to see what has happened you just have to be somewhat observant. Let me lay it out for you.

1. Fitz resigns he is automatically our starting QB (Bowles)

2. Fitz signs for 12 million

3. He becomes the starter

4. Bowles does not believe in QB controversy or changing QB's

5. Fitz went 10-6 last season

6. Fitz almost beat the Bengals

7. Teammates support Fitz

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  5. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

Are you an Admin on this board? It's not about how much I like Geno, it's about how far some of you seem to go to justify Fitz. You think having a high mental capacity means success. Lack there of didn't stop Terry Bradshaw from succeeding.

This will be my last post on this subject. Fitz had better play well tonight though. If we loose to the Bills again due to poor of ineffective QB play, it will start to disrupt the team and Brandon Marshall is already showing signs of frustration.

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We did not lose last week because of the qb. Fitz will not have stellar numbers this week when we beat the bills. Similar stat line to last week.

The fact remains Fitz is better than Geno and the coaches and his teammates agree which is why they paid him $12 million.

7. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Apologies, I was trying to copy the "cheesy grin" for use elsewhere, and now I can't delete it :eek:. If someone can delete this, please do.

8. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Dude, Marshall has noone to blame for the loss but himself. Catch a goddamn pass.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's almost like we didn't leave 4 easy points on the field in the kicking game in a one point loss.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  10. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

As much as I can't stand Fritz for choking last year, this loss was not his fault. It was lost by our defensive backfield who not to show up to this game.

That being said. Yes, resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake because he is a choke artist. Period.

11. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I wonder if 007 can name 3 other Jets in the past 2 years every one of his posts are strictly GeNo come on man

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Fair and reasonable post. I'm thinking more and more like you. I liked the pick at the time, but didn't know anything about his having a bad attitude. I was all for not re-signing Fitz and rolling with Geno this season, but after the preseason Geno had, I'm thankful that the Jets didn't do that. He has talent and plays well at times, but more and more I see that he doesn't do well under pressure, has attitude issues and just isn't a leader, a guy who can rally and elevate his teammates, or even has a good relationship with many (any?) of them. More and more, unless it's early in the season, I'm hoping that if Fitz goes down with an injury, that it will be Petty who will get the call to play and not Geno. If Geno does get the nod, I will root for him, but will no longer expect him to succeed or do well.

cval, PulseJet and LarryAlRalph like this.
  13. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Marshall? The guy who dropped a key pass right in the breadbasket?

Ron

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He was paid $12 million. Looking at the scope of NFL QB's salaries, that seems to be right on par for how he is playing. Would Geno or Petty or Hack play that good on Sunday? I honestly say no and most logical fans would agree.

Altoona and LarryAlRalph like this.
  15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think any of then outside of Hack could put up those numbers he had Sunday, but thats besides the point. He hasnt looked good at all. I gave him a pass on preseason, but he looks just as shaky. He had better get it together soon cuz hes got the rest of the season.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, tonight he can prove a point. Either he is better than people say and he plays good against a Rex Ryan D or he struggles again against the Bills and proves the naysayers. We will see. Hope he plays well.

zace likes this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I hope so too. We cant go down 0-2

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

18. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

again - the Jets were bidding against themselves - I had no problem signing him except at 12mil - 7 or 8 mil would have been fine.

19. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

If the Jets did that, he might have remained unsigned and then snapped up by Minn or Dallas when their QB's went down. Or at least his asking price would have went up.

20. Will

Will Well-Known Member

May not have lost because of Fitz but we did not win last week because of Fitz - terrible in the red zone and we were 40% effective there - 5 trips and just 2 TDs
    When the QB gets to throw more than we run and even get an additional set of downs before the missed FG and still fail to connect with your WRs and there is limited pressure on you then it is going to stop with the QB. I am not saying play Geno, Petty, Hack or even heaven forbid the FO had signed Sanchez and we would have won - that is something we will never know.

But Fitz showed the level of his play - mediocre and for better or worst he will limit the team in that regard.