Week 2: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

LOL Good one!

2. DanR

DanR Active Member

A game the Jets should/must win = Loss?

That usually how things work out for the Jets right?

3. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

WTF is a "physco"?

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Here's how I look at this game,,,,it's a division game ( as if this is not enough motivation ) against your ex coach,
    most importantly against the team that ended your season and playoff hopes last year !
    If they come out ill prepared or look bad against this Buffalo team that they are clearly better than,,,well let me just say then my friends the wheels might not have fallen off as there's lots of football left but they sure will need some tightening !
    Absolutely no excuse for a loss tomorrow nite !

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Made the tri

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Must-win is always a sensitive term, so I rather say this is a you better-win game.

cval likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed in the News was that Woody was not pleased with the opener loss

So CS on additional hotseat already

8. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Need I say more. LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NYJetsO12 and ctjetsguy like this.
  9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i dont think you can really say we are "clearly" better then them. they were 8-8, we were 10-6. they beat us twice head to head. they had more health issues, which probably accounts for that 2 game difference.

id say its pretty even, and with this game on the road they might even be a small favorite

RonPi likes this.
  10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

At least through one game, I think the Jets are better, and they're healthier.

However, I cant ignore the success the Bills have had against the Jets the last couple years. And it may be a fault for a decent chunk of the season, but Rex will have his guys ready for this game.

Jets will have to prove to me they have what it takes to beat Buffalo, before I have any confidence in them doing it.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I loved Fitzpatrick's response when they asked him about his struggles against Rex Ryan defenses. He said something to the effect of "well I don't exactly have hall of fame numbers against all the other coaches" ...

a very humble, professional and focused response. Shows he's focused on the task at hand, can take criticism in stride and isn't going to let historical performance cross his mind in a future one - something the media likes to play up as real when it isn't and doesn't have to be.

macbk, Dom, BacktoQueens and 5 others like this.
  12. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Hard to say this isn't a must win game, can't go down 0-2 in the AFC. I'm interested to see whether Bowles will adjust his use of Revis. I think it'll be key to double Watkins, and also make sure our defenders set the edge and contain Tyrod in the pocket. I think it will be hard for Marshall and Decker not to play better than they did last game, and I hope they use Powell more as he looked crazy quick when he got on the field.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jersey,,,,,they have guys suspended, they have an offensive lineman out and Sammy Watkins is hurt and might not play and if he does play he is hobbled,,,,,,,I would rather be US than them

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

T minus 8 hours to go and I am already nervous/excited

Enunwa, Powell are hot

But get the main boys involved Deck and Marshall...,.

cval likes this.
  15. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I think we have a great shot of winning tonight (cautious optimism). The biggest threat is Tyrod.

D-line has to collapse the pocket and not allow him to dance around and make time for Watkins to get open downfield.

If We can rush up-field UNDER CONTROL and get a push from Mclendon and Sheldon, we should have a fairly easy time shutting them down

16. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

My pick...this will come down to QB play. Let's see if the Bill's spent their money wisely.

Jets 24
    Bills 10

17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

With last weeks heartbreaker I'm glad we had a short week pumped for tonight ... if we lose it'll be a loooooong 10 days and I am sure as all hell staying away from the board for a few days hehe

18. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

My useless prediction ... Jets 28 Bills 24

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

He's got a good sense of humor, which is refreshing..
    i like when players and coaches give something other than the plain, canned, defensive, or even passive aggressive (Belichick) answers..

perfect response.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Glenn being out is a major blow for Buffalo.
    With our Dline playing lights out, they are going to have a hard time moving the ball.

Defense is going to have to win this game, which i predict will be low scoring (Buffalo's D looked good last week despite missing key players).
    Couple game flow adjustments I'll be looking for from Bowles:
    - how we manage Watkins. If he looks ok, double him, and force them to beat you elsewhere. If he's struggling or acting as a decoy, remove the double.
    - contain Taylor. His scrambling and running might be their best weapon if Watkins struggles with the foot. Might need to consider spying him with someone like Lee.