Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Thread is ridiculous

One game and getting Fitz back is already questioned...who were we getting at QB this year Drew Brees?? no superstar available so it has to be RF till petty and hack get ready for prime time

The Cinnci game was a Team loss in many departments...a tough opponent before a month of NFL play when most teams figure out what they really have

Give Fitz another 3 weeks to get acclimated I am sure he will get a little better

Lets beat the Bills... they are defeatable

Over 6 games lets go 3-3 and I am sure we all will be happy

Altoona likes this.
  2. NewYoJETSfan

NewYoJETSfan New Member

Check this out Gang Green...

3. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I agree if the Jets win this thread not posted. But the fact remains Fitz last 4 drives to win the game has turn into 4ints. What I don't understand is people ok with Fitz making rookie mistakes but hate Geno for doing the same thing. I do also agree it only one game but Fitz been doing this his whole 12 year career. Plus with the tough schedule the Jets have the Jets are going to need there QB make comebacks on last drive and I don't see why it would change with Fitz.

RonPi likes this.
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

There's a white guy on here that raps better than this cringe worthy shit

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

pathetic

Jets69 likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's funny, Fitz at the time of the last drive's beginning, had 2 TD 0INT. The so called "great" Brandon Marshall, drops a pass that would have set the Jets up needing about 15 yards in 45 seconds to get into field goal range. . 2 plays later Fitz throws an INT where the defender had not even turned around yet. Before that Folk missed an extra point and had a kick blocked. They called a very conservative game and of course the Jets secondary was a mess. Add all that together and you have a 23-22 Jets loss and some schmo OP decides to make this thread. That is why it is hard to take Jets fans seriously. We all know Fitz is not great, but he is not bad either. He is pretty good. And he had another usual average game Sunday. He is the best QB on the roster right now. By far. Hopefully Petty and Hackenberg end up being better than him, but they are not at the moment.

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He looked bad. TDs are not a good indicator of how someone plays. He lookef gittery and inconsistent all game. He wasn't even facing heavy pressure. Hes just not that good.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Jets69 likes this.
  8. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Out of interest what are our options for next year? If you assume Fitz and Geno won't be back then what are we doing if Petty and Hackenberg aren't ready to go? Romo for a year if Prescott has the Dallas job? Is there someone available in FA next year who could possibly give a win now team (as we will surely be next year) a real chance?

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We can't even get through game 2 before the sky falls, Jesus guys chill out .

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Who wins and who loses in this league is never set in stone. And with Reivs, Mangold, Brandon Marshall and a few others teetering on the edge of the Father Time Cliff, Mac really had no choice but to go all in THIS season. Not next season, or the one after that. This season. Hence, Wilkerson and Fitzpatrick are b-a-a-a-a-ack!!!!

There may only be a 5% chance of winning the SB, but Mac put his money down on THIS season.

11. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

That's the personal hatred I was speaking of. Find the most negative "spin" and tag Geno. The poor guy has no favorables according to you and yet he is the back up quarterback for the NYJ. It's people like you that have me wishing for a Fitz injury so Geno can be redeemed. I can't say I know what the future holds like you do, but Geno is far from done in this league.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Scary part is, there isnt anyone, maybr Bradford, but i dont want him here.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

GreenWhiteandGold likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Kirk Cousins is the only real option for next year and he'll need another good season to net big money this offseason.

We could always go after Case Keenum or Austin Davis like a lot of you morons were interested in this past offseason...

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Why take it so personally when someone points out Geno'a flaws? He has a great arm and decent accuracy on intermediate throws over the middle, but other than that he's a mental midget. Some of you act like he's your god damn brother and it's your duty to defend him.

Freddy Mondo, RonPi and Altoona like this.
  15. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Stafford is a free agent

16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, spin...
    Geno Smith fined $12,000 for "f-bombing" a Jet fan. (By the way in that article the other player fined for insulting a fan was Johnny Manziel)
    Geno Smith getting into arguments with flight attendants (Reports were that he cursed out flight attendants before he even boarded the plane)
    Teammates say Geno was at fault in altercation with IK (He shouldnt have gotten punched, but players said he was wagging his finger in IK's face and told IK there was nothing he can do about it.)

There are two sides to every story, and Geno says he wasn't at fault in each of these. Fine. But why does so much drama surround this guy? If he was a good quarterback, I would say you live with it and just hope he matures. But he is not a good quarterback. The only other QB on an NFL roster this year with a higher number of INT's to TD's is Luke McCown. Check it out yourself.

I really liked him his rookie year, and thought he was a good draft pick at the time. But you need to open your eyes. Most QB's that cause so much drama both on and off the field dont last very long in the NFL.

But we'll see. My guess is the Jets dont resign him, he gets picked up by some other team for small dollars, and is cut before the start of the season.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  17. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

ha ha, I love defending Geno! that whole underdog thing. Almost everybody is against him. He gets Boo'd when nobody else would. There was one announcer who said Geno was the best backup QB this year. Okay, truth be told, I have a #7 jersey and need to wear it proudly!

18. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Don't you feel Petty outplayed Geno this pre-season? Obviously neither were using the 1st team O nor going against the opposing 1st team D. But I feel Petty passed the eye test and Geno did not

19. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

Given the number of reps Petty got Vs Geno, I don't think you can make that argument conclusively. I was happy to see some progress out of Petty based on what was being said during camp, but he was playing with and against players that aren't on 53's today.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What you fail to understand is you keep comparing Fitz and Geno. Geno is no longer a factor or a discussion. The team (coaches, staff and players) not the fans have decided on Fitz. Fitz will start and play until 1. he gets hurt 2. we are out of contention.

Fitz is the starting QB. This is not a Geno vs Fitz or bitch about Fitz because you like Geno better. Geno is not playing and will not not matter how you think Fitz is playing.

Stop nit picking Fitz to show how great you think Geno or get off the board. Every one of your posts are about Geno alright we get it you want geno to play.

NotSatoshiNakamoto and jetsfan32 like this.