Week 2: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Since this is the NFL’s Thursday night initiative and the Jets won’t play any additional Thursday games in 2016, the team will not wear kelly green uniforms at all this season. The organization attempted to honor the initiative with more white and they should be back in kelly green for a Color Rush game in the 2017 campaign.

#121 Acad23, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I really think we win this game soundly.....Maybe 24-13 or so and control it

Revenge factor, Bills are all kinds of banged up and Rex doesn't care as much anymore....Plus the Jets lost a close one so they're really hungry and aren't riding high

The rest of the schedule is a different story but we should win this game

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

FYI, Bills have a short week too...dafuq.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Whaaaaat?

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Is there a scrap-heap we can pull Stephen Hill off for this week's game?

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I definitely think Rex still cares lol.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

tpaleologo likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

stoppin the run will be big tommorrow night. Last year Buffalo was seemingly the only team all year that was able to run on this defense. The first game it caught the Jets off guard and in both games they were able to build big leads with their running game.

Its a gimmicky rush system they got, almost like a college offense and nothin like any of the other teams we'll play. They run a lot of plays that take awhile behind the line and on the edges. I am surprised that it works. Hopefully with a little more speed and an emerging Leonard Williams up front this defense can stuff that silly crap. Will be tough for Buffalo to win if they can't run the ball and have to throw with Taylor under duress all game and a hobbled Samantha Watkins

NotSatoshiNakamoto and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Two losses to Buffalo and a whole offseason to figure out how to beat them so the CS has to show me something Thursday

The Bills are not the Bengals so the Jets can and should win here

Folk better not F*ck it up because field goals may spell the difference here

Our D will keep us in every game but we need to score more in RZ

20-17 Jets

10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Normally I don't like the players to play off of emotion because I think it's unsustainable and a big reason why Rex Ryan's teams are so inconsistent, but I like the fact that I've seen multiple Jets players talk about having a bad taste in their mouth from the season finale. First of all because they really need this game and they've got 10 days to recover from it, but second of all because fuck the Bills.

11. BuzzKillington

I thought it was unfair for the Jets to play a divisional game on the road on short rest, so I did some research. Turns out, I was wrong.

On average, home teams win 58.04% of the time in the NFL (since 1990).

For Thursday games, the home team wins 59.78% of the time. So, there is a slight added advantage to the home team on Thursday night, but not much different than a regular Sunday home game.

However, when divisional opponents face each other on Thursday, the home field advantage shrinks to 53.33%

So, all else equal, you have a better chance of winning a road game on a Thursday night against a divisional opponent than you have of winning a "normal" road game on a Sunday afternoon against any opponent.

Carry on.

Dom, phubbadaman, bartscott and 3 others like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This 2016 Season for the Bills feels a lot like the 2014 Season for the Jets. Everything feels wrong from the start. Feels like Rex will be fired at the end of the year. The team looks like a mess. Having said all of that: Still no guarantee the Jets win tomorrow. If the Jets do win, and win in blow out fashion, I think the Bills season will be over after 2 games though. The one thing that team could brag about since Rex took over was beating the Jets. Besides that it has been a complete joke. So to lose tomorrow? It all comes crashing down on Rex. He knows it. If he wins though, he can fake a smile and say a few lines to make it through the rest of the year before being fired on Black Monday.

13. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

It's true. all white tomorrow night.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not bad. But I liked the helmets with the shiny Jet logo better. Really funky look here... :)

15. No Fly Zone

Doesn't that just paint a picture of Rex at his worst? Jailhouse blitzes on 3rd and long that get converted time after time after time, too many players on the field multiple times forcing him to use valuable time outs in both half's of the game, throwing a 5 yd pass on 3rd and 9 etc.

Big Cat likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sounds racist to me. ;)

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The extremely rare week 2 must win trap game.
    Well, rare everywhere but TGG, we get one every year

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  18. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Short week coming off a nut punch loss with an ex-HC exhalting his team to win his "Superbowl" with the team that has beat us how many straight times - yea...it don't look good.

19. No Fly Zone

White uniforms matter

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

This is probably why Rex is so good at Thursday night games. He's accustomed to coaching sloppy messes while the other coach is caught off guard.