Karlos Williams...RB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I really want to respond but that doesn't make any sense. Maybe you'd like to clarify how that relates to what me and the other poster were discussing.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I don't know but it strikes me weird that Karlos came into camp 20 pounds overweight. I mean he saw Shady had a bad offseason and possibly could have been cut...he could have grabbed that spot by the horns, come into camp at 230-235 and ready to become the #1 back...but instead he's without a job. Maybe him being a FA will finally get him back into shape...he's talented.

3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts. Everyone wants to believe KW just made a youngster mistake and now he'll learn and recommit and be a force for his next team with a blank slate.

Meanwhile, everything that's just happened to him is an enormous red flag. So much so that the freakin' BILLS cut bait.

Also, to the guy tweeting about how cutting IK is classier than leaping to sign him, and how that makes us a more disciplined team than Buffalo?

Uh... wtf? WE'RE the team who had our starting QB punched out by a teammate to begin with! FFS SMH. Who is that idiot?

reminds me of the Simpsons episode when convicted killer Sideshow Bob is running for mayor against Quimby. Bob's campaign commercial accuses Quimby of being soft on crime... why? Because he let Bob out of prison. Lol.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

No worries. You don't have to respond. I couldn't care less. This is a Karlos Williams thread (not another Rex Ryan side-show) so let's keep it that way.

Topic of Discussion: Karlos Williams.

- Just know that your team just lost a tremendous natural talent of a RB in Karlos Williams.

- Just know that Buffalo just quit on a young kid (out of FSU) who just put up over 500+ rushing yards along with 9 total TD's during only 11 games (3 starts); while also leading the entire NFL in average yards per carry @ 5.6 yards per pop during only his rookie season. Also catches out of the backfield with 'receiver like efficiency' ex: 11 receptions for 96 receiving yards and two TD receptions off of only 14 targets [78.6%].

- Just know, that I know, that Bills fans are disheartened about Williams recent departure coming off an extremely promising rookie campaign (could be Marshawn Lynch 2.0 all over again). Just know, that I know, that you all dislike/hate the reality of Karlos having a meeting with Jets brass and also wouldn't be able to stomach the thought of Karlos Williams (out of Florida State) running the rock while in Green and White.

- Just know that I'm loving the idea of Williams becoming a Jet as an extremely low risk very high reward addition to a backfield already consisting of Matt Forte & Bilal Powell. Would instantly create for the most dynamic & versatile backfield within the league. That's a lightning (Forte) and Thunder (Williams) type of 1-2 punch as a HB duo. Powell would then become an X-Factor of a three-headed monster. All 3 can catch out of the backfield which would have Chan Gailey licking his chops as an offensive coordinator.

- Just know that I'm a longtime FSU fan and enjoying the fact that a kid who's only 23 years of age (whom I absolutely loved while a Seminole) is no longer with a team within our own division such as Buffalo.

Karlos Williams has a rare combination of size, speed, strength, power & catching ability for a bigger back. But his most underrated but yet my favorite attribute of Williams has always been his field vision. His field vision before hitting the hole with burst is top notch. His field vision is what FSU fans instantly fell in love with. It's the reason why he's not only been a TD machine but also why/how he ranked 2nd amongst all NCAA RB's in average yards per carry during his 1st college season (as a HB) & also the reason why he led the NFL during his 1st year as only a rookie in average yards per rushing attempt; it's due to laser-like 20/20 vision.

- Last but not least and in closing just know, that I know, that Buffalo will now use a 31 year old Reggie Bush as a backup to McCoy who's coming off a broken leg. A 31 year old in Bush who's only put up 84 rushing attempts for 325 yards (3.8 yards per carry) and has only combined for a total of 2 TD's over the past two years (16 games/10 starts). In other words your teams front office just replaced a promising kid after an impactful / tremendous rookie campaign with a 31 year old back who's truly a shell of what he once was.

I'm highly confident Karlos Williams gets back into his FSU/rookie season from. And i hope it's with Green and White. He's agile with quickness too but at the end of the day he's a physical back. A tough North and South runner with field vision. Has the perfect Northeastern style of run in which is built for cold December football games.

Buffalo's failed experiment didn't work out with IK Enemkpali. Karlos Williams getting right back on track within the N.Y Jets backfield sporting Green & White would be laughter in the face of Buffalo fans. A slap in the face that'll leave a bad taste in their mouth.

KW-2-NYJ.

5. Bills over Jets

Lol good Lord dude. Listen, I like Karlos Williams but let's not go overboard. He was a 5th round pick who didnt play much RB at Florida State. He was actually drafted for special teams. We had the #1 rushing attack in the league last year and anyone we put in at RB did great (Mike Gillislee averaged more ypc than Karlos). I like him and I'm sure he'll have a decent career, but you can't keep an ass clown like that on your team. It sends a horrible message to other players. To blame the Bills instead of the player is hilarious. I hope he gets his act together (I think he will) because he seems like a nice guy who just has issues. I don't think he's a bad person, maybe just going through some personal things. The Bills absolutely did the right thing.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Low risk, high reward, cheap too, he's only 23

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

IK IS A HERO. Incognito is a thug.

8. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

They stated nothing close. Doubt it happens

9. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

From what I've read, Williams, who had trouble with off the field issues at FSU as well, tested positive for weed on numerous occasions this past off-season resulting, of course, in the 4 game suspension. Then he misses most, if not all, of the team's OTA's. When he finally does show up for camp, he was reportedly given multiple chances by the CS to get his act together and demonstrate some stipulated measures of progress and effort which were reportedly completely ignored and met with total complacency on Williams' part. By the time he was released, I understand he was still largely incapable of performing on the field as a result of his being so severely overweight and grossly out of shape couple again by an attitude of complacency and indifference that Rex & Co simply could not abide.

There's absolutely no denying his impressive talent and potential value. What it essentially comes down to is which team is willing to risk a valuable roster spot for a player with both proven upside and proven, self-destructive, career threatening traits.

So far, teams rumored to be interested are the Jets, Colts, Lions, Pats, Miami and especially the Jags.

BacktoQueens and Bills over Jets like this.
  10. Bills over Jets

I agree with all of that, but I don't think a team needs to waste a spot on him as he would be placed on the reserve/suspended list until he is eligible to come off week 5. But I guess the question you are asking is would a team be willing to invest a spot on him after that? I think if you signed him now, there would be a long enough time period between now and week 5 to ascertain whether there's been a change to his work ethic and personality. Like others have said, low risk/high reward for the second team that signs him.

11. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

No matter what happens. F#CK THE BILLS AND REX..

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Put em on that Todd Bowles diet... Marshall dropped about 20 pounds in 2-3 weeks. Bowles might have Williams at 220 by week 5. lol.

But i heard this is just "due dilligence" ... at this point in the year idk why... i thought we'd lock him up after he came in for a visit. Another AFC east hand-me-down from one foe to another.

Guess that won't be happening... would have been sick though. Bilal Forte and Karlos to open up the pass game for Marsh and Deck... wow!!! Boinnnnnnnggggg

13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

have to question this. So yes, I agree the Jets should certainly give Karlos a look.

But the Jets need an RB upgrade in the worst way? That's a pretty severe overstatement.

In terms of Forte getting hurt a lot, please show me the data to support that. It's frankly not true. What is true, is Forte leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage since 2010. Yes he's 30, and yes the Jets will rotate him with Bilal, who is at this point severely underrated. But to say Forte gets hurt 'a lot' simply isn't a true statement. If you want to argue that Forte could run into the 30 year old RB wall, then sure that's a different convo, and a great reason to support stashing Karlos. (see TJ and Shonn Greene in 2009).

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Remember late in the season when we had to resort to using Steven "2 yard avg" Ridley for a few games? I know Forte doesnt get hurt a lot, but these days in the NFL you need to roster 3 good runningbacks. The suspension is kinda a blessing in disguise for Karlos as IF he is taken by the Jets then he will likely be on a regiment to get back down to football weight. I think he needs time off both mentally and physically to get ready.

15. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

16. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

The fact that he loves New Jersey scares me who in the hell loves New Jersey :)

ajax, FlaJet, NCJetsfan and 1 other person like this.
  18. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Oy indeed...

19. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Then again, maybe Jersey City is his dream town.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Why is this bad?

matt robinson 17 likes this.