Oops. They did it again.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Zach, Aug 12, 2016.

1. buffalo2214

buffalo2214 Member

I can't speak for other Bills' fans that have trashed Fitz, but all I've done is reply to the topic at hand. Never said Fitz was bad or good either way. As far as calling us worse than the Browns, that's a major stretch. Yeah the Browns made the playoffs one time in the last what? 14 years? Haven't done anything much since then, and probably still won't. We may end up short this year, but it depends more on how our defense responds to a failed 2015 campaign more than Taylor. Given the injuries to Ragland and Shaq, it's a pretty tall order.

2. Newyawka

Newyawka Member

I'm all good for jokes and trolling but when you come to another teams board and start calling people ignorant and stupid if they don't like the deal then go back to your hole and shut the fuck up.

Kerley Shuffle likes this.
  3. Newyawka

Newyawka Member

I 'run" around all forums when it comes to the AFC east...I keep friends close and enemies even closer.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Good contract for the Bills. They can get out of the deal after 2016 if TT isn't worth it. And I checked their cap, they have room for a 27.5M hit in 2017.

5. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Hey chill out, the good news is that his backup is on our team right now. When Geno is cut, Rex will scoop him up.

[​IMG]

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Its really not a bad deal for the bills. They can cut bait next year if the new h.c. isn't a t.t. fan.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

fine by me.

Newyawka, june19 and Zach like this.
  9. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

That's one more playoff appearances in the last 14 years than the Bills have.

10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Good point.

But, if the new HC actually has a clue about what to do with a QB and he likes Taylor it could backfire on them. Let's hope they fuck that up again either way

11. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Dispassionately it seems like a sane move by that franchise and the QB in question looks like he has some promise.

If Tyrod was a jet then I certainly wouldn't complain as he seems a step-up from some of our recent adventures but I do hope Rex manages to ruin him this year and that they pick up Geno 'HoF' Smith next year.

12. buffalo2214

buffalo2214 Member

Well, if Rex happens to get fired, I'm pretty sure Greg Roman would be promoted to HC. But barring a complete meltdown, Rex will still be retained. Not to rub salt in the wound, but Tyrod did a great job last year against you guys with a few starters out in the last game of the season. No McCoy, Williams (at least not the entire game), Woods or Clay. He did what he had to do with little to work with so the kid's got a lot of potential to be an elite QB

#32 buffalo2214, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  13. buffalo2214

buffalo2214 Member

Which was obviously a fluke and even then, it doesn't have much bearing on this year or Taylor

14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Taylor played well. It's pretty much a given down here that TB's game plan was poor, and many of us were disappointed he didn't adjust at half time.

We were hurt too. Powell was out and Ivory was not able to perform. That hurt us badly.

That venue at that time of the year under those circumstances is a tall order for any team.

15. buffalo2214

buffalo2214 Member

I have to be honest here, I couldn't understand for the life of me why Bowles wasn't having Watkins double teamed, especially as the game went on. The INT Fitz threw to McKelvin was identical to one he threw against the Giants when he and Gailey both were here. I was almost certain the game was over then before the INT

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Make that 20 and still Browns made it to the playoff once more than the Bills did.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If the best part of the deal is that "you can get out of it" then you know it probably wasn't a good idea in the first place. The thought is that if he's bad they'll let him go. Yeah, in a perfect world your QB is either really terrible or really good. But it doesn't work that way most the time and it isn't going to work that way with Tyrod Taylor.

Suppose Tyrod Taylor plays like Tyrod Taylor and the Bills are 3-4 before he gets injured for the rest of the season. Do they pick up the option to keep him at $15 million for 2017? You will have had an up and down QB with 20 starts to his name. Worth $15 million?
    What if they pick that up and he has a similar year the year after, decent when on the field, problems with injuries, not great enough to hang your hat on. Do you pick up the $16 million option in 2018?

Think about all of that and then consider you didn't even have to give the man that contract. He was due to make $3 million this year and they could've made the decision they are going to need to make after the season without having the contract.

The biggest thing with QB contracts like this is not so much the money but the fact that you've hitched your wagon to a QB. The land of "he's too good to release but not good enough to pay big money to" is vast and many teams trap themselves there. We did it with Sanchez, Miami has done it with Tannehill and now Buffalo has with Tyrod Taylor- and they didn't even have to.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Actually to keep him next year I believe they would have to pony up $27.5M, $15.5M option and then $12M in base salary. Could have kept him at his current salary and tagged him next year and saved about $13M over 2 years.
    Pretty much if Rex doesn't make the playoffs and gets the boot then Taylor will probably be gone to make the coaching search easier.

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Straight from the guy who hasn't been right in 5 years...

BrowningNagle likes this.
  20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You're assuming he could have gotten a better deal with more guaranteed money, which I seriously doubt. I'm guessing he tool the best deal he could get.

If he were betting on himself, he could have just played out this year on his original contract.