Its Gino time once and for all

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I recall he told Champ to suck moose cock.

Poor moose.

FJF, matt robinson 17 and alleycat9 like this.
  2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Decker was here 2 years ago. We also had Harvin for the last 8 games and Kerley, hardly practice team players although the rest of them might have been. No, the problem was the guy throwing the ball not the people catching it.

#262 Don, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha that's it. and it was so out of nowhere for me as I read a champ post all of a sudden that. so damn funny.

gino007 he is short, I don't think he is a bad guy just an angry short guy who is a little hoity toity.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

How dare you

-

RuJFan, joe, alleycat9 and 2 others like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i invented that

RuJFan, joe, RexontheBeach and 2 others like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ouch.

RuJFan, joe, alleycat9 and 2 others like this.
  7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Is 7/25 and geno is still my qb :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

looks like he might be our only option at this point. I think at the very least the Jets need to bring in a vet.

9. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

Disagree. The receiving core was hurt most of that year. He was throwing to guys that weren't even in the lineup early in the season. The biggest reason why he didn't play well in many of the games is because he needed to sit and learn for 2 years. Noone plays well right away coming from a non pro-style offense. Manning threw 28 pics his first year in the pros and who did he have as a supporting cast? Harrison and Faulk to name a couple. Guys on this board would be calling for the backup. I don't know why people can't understand that if you are patient with a guy that is blessed with athletic ability, he may turn in to your franchise QB. He now has a grasp of the offense. If he fails now then it's time to move on. We know what we have in Fitz and the Buffalo game is why he isn't signed yet. He can only take you so far. If Geno performs well early in camp and pre-season, we won't sign Fitz. If he doesn't, we will. That's my guess.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

His "best" options were Holmes and Harvin. They were a shell of their former selves and injuries took a toll on them. Outside of Decker and Kerley, his best receiver was David Nelson his rookie year then he started sucking also.

11. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Geno was a default starter over a vet QB just coming to the team coming off season-ending leg injury.
    That default has absolutely no relationship to Geno's abilities, or to how FO viewed him.

Bowles might be backing him, or him might not be, but you have no basis to think one way or the other.

12. wGENOvFANu

wGENOvFANu Active Member

Then explain why the passing game didn't improve when Vick replaced Geno...go ahead...I'll wait. Between the pass protection and the WRs you had to throw to, the passing game in '13 and '14 wasn't going to be good no matter who was throwing the ball.

I'm not saying that he'll be lights out this year if he gets to start, but you can't really judge what he can do his first two years in the NFL when he had crap talent around him and he shouldn't have been playing anyway. I really think that if he was able to play last year, he would have done as well as Fitz, if not better.

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

the offensive starters didn't change much from '14 to '15......aside from QB.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Brandon Marshall makes a difference. I'll give the Geno supporters that.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Geno had Harvin, Decker, Kerley, Amaro, Ivory, a healthy Powell, and similar talent on the Oline (added Carpenter, lost Colon, and the Tackles regressed).

While adding Marshall was huge, the talent level overall was comparable, save for the QB position.
    That was the big difference.
    The 'crap talent' is another excuse, and it doesn't hold up well as an argument considering there wasn't any massive overhaul done to the starting positions.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not sure why Bowles wants Marshall to be faster. If Fitz actually does come back, BM will end up outrunning his rainbows every time.

Big Cat likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Geno couldn't adapt to Marty's offense, it's really as simple as that. It wasn't a good fit. If you have Geno making multiple reads on every passing down, you won't have much success scoring points. Gailey will simplify that and I believe that could make Geno a better QB, with a much higher ceiling then Fitzpatrick. It's worth the gamble at this point. Sign another vet and move on. I have never been a fan of Geno Smith, going back to WVU. However, cannot deny his physical talents and durability [besides getting hit in the jaw].

18. abyzmul

Don't get me wrong, I think Don is one of the dumbest people on this forum and his arguments are terrible, and I do think Geno's game would have improved -marginally - with the weapons he would have had last year.

But even Vick himself admitted that he didn't prepare at all for that season. He gave up once Geno was named starter in the preseason.

#278 abyzmul, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha..you really are a clown, how did I get dragged into your idiotic discussion?

20. abyzmul

It's almost like you're trying for the inevitable outcome.