2015-2016 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Oct 26, 2015.

1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Timberwolves win the draft.

Celtics and Suns will be kicking themselves for years for passing on Dunn.

dawinner127 and Red Menace like this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Danny Ainge still has no clue!

3. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Rio is the capital for crossdressers and trannys. That's why LeBron's not going. His wife knows whats up.

4. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Dunn wanted no part of Boston. You still draft him though and try to trade him. I think the Celtics drafted a bum. If it comes out tomorrow that the Celtics could have had Jimmy Butler for the pick and someone on their roster other than Thomas I am really going to enjoy Boston radio tomorrow.

irishwhip03 and Red Menace like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah because he wants to play. There's a logjam in the backcourt there. They should've taken him or Buddy Hield there. Hield would've been a quality scoring counterpart to Bradley/Smart. Then you can essentially play Thomas with one of them and Hield with the other.

I was hoping Dunn fell to the T-Wolves and he did. Hopefully they can keep that core together long enough for Dunn to develop a little more (as the other two afe already shooting 45% from the field already). Hopefully this propels them into the first winning they've seen since Garnett was there. They must've been laughing in the draft room when he was sitting there.

Also, bye bye to that bum and defensive liability in Ricky Rubio.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

By keeping both with Embiid (if he ever gets his head on straight), they're officially still a mess. Absolutely 0 outside shooting, and 4 players 6'9"+ top 10 picks that all can only score on the inside. The whole tank in the draft for good players backfired incredibly for them, regardless if Simmons turns out to be a good player.

I also don't see Simmons as being as good as he's touted. I'm surprised there weren't more redflags about his character. Then again I wasn't there in the interview room. We shall see. If he doesn't develop an outside shot he may just end up to be a better passing Josh Smith.

7. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Brett brown has known bens family for years , coached his dad too. Ben should have a good work ethic and is team orientated. Its funny 25 years ago i watched bens dad, dante exum dad and a few others from the states (dane pineau next year? )didnt think that 20 years later that there kids would make a splash in the nba . Although rio is 2 months away , thinking ahead for the 4 years away . Here is an old article .
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/t...-very-big-future/story-e6frf9if-1226205378198

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Locally, The Bucks picked a project. However, I trust the organization to make it work. I like the young, tall, lengthy approach. It's different, and we'll see how it ends up working.

As for my actual favorite team, I loved this night. I'm so happy the team got a high draft pick. I'm happy that Ersan (who had his best career game with me in attendance) was in the trade. Then of course I'm Pumped about getting Oladipo. I mean jesus what a steal. I liked Ibaka, but he isn't the same player, and now reports have come out he was going to leave in free agency after next year anyway.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

You're going to see two or three of these guys end up on the Trail Blazers in the next few years. That's what we do. That's how we stay in business. Find players on other teams given up on too early and go get them.

Wes Mathews
    Robin Lopez
    Maurice Harkless
    Mason Plumlee

Since other teams poach our players and nobody in their right mind wants to live here.... it's how they build the franchise. I can't think of a pro sports team with less resources. Neil Olshey has found the perfect business model. The Portland Trail Blazers are the One Dollar Store of the NBA.

#1129 pdxdrew, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    dawinner127 likes this.
  10. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Is that a fact? Hadn't heard anything about that prior to the draft. Seems to me after growing up and going to college in New England, playing for the Celts would be a dream come true for the kid.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

As a Magic fan, that wasn't a good trade for us. Ibaka will need to return back to his defensive form. Westbrook and Oladipo in the same backcourt is $$$, but Oladipo needs to become a better shooter and ball handler.

I think it can work as we have Evan Fournier, but we shall see.

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

and without a pick okc still won the draft!!!!

PRESTI IS INCREDIBLE!!!

Thunder Up!!!!

13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

and sabonis is a STEAL! a tougher version of enes kanter (just not as smooth with the ball on O but still scores just as well) we can start enes now. okc was already super deep IMO now we're deeper. and have 3 new scorers.

imagine the small line up:
    Russ
    Vic
    Waiters/Roberson
    KD
    Adams

good luck keeping up with that. good luck scoring on that too.

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

what a dumpy draft class, Knicks didn't miss out on much this year by not having picks. Meanwhile Boston is probably like, "wait, we thought 8 picks was a good thing!!"

Red Menace likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They don't care about shooting and I don't blame them. Players can develop an outside shot but you can't teach height and athleticism. I think Philly is going to be really tough in the future. My only beef is all the European stashes but eventually they will turn into assets or even players I guess. I have no issue with them having no outside shooting right now though

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If I was an OKC fan I would be more excited about Sabonis than Oladipo. Sabonis will be a great rebounder and is the tough guy you need to beat the Warriors. Also more NBA ready than most rookies.

I've watched Oladipo though and I gotta say I'm not all that impressed. If he doesn't force things he can be a damn good player but he is one frustrating guy when he forces things. Coaching will be very important in OKC with him. If he plays the role of the athletic stopper and 3rd option creator with the occasional drive to the basket you might have a good fit. But he is not an efficient player and when you got Durant and Westbrook you kinda want to pair efficiency with them. If Oladipo is taking the ball too much and kicking it away to the other team like he does too much and bricking shots its a bad pickup.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

I think that was pretty much a disaster for the Magic. OKC has no use for Ibaka and his contract anymore wirh Adams and his development. Wasn't Oladipo a lottery pick? So you get a former lottery pick, the #11 overall pick and and a stretch 4/5 behind their interior scoring trees.

18. 101GangGreen101

Yeah Olapido was a lottery pick, but I think he was traded because we have a log-jam at guard with Mario Hezonja, and Evan Fournier. I like Hezonja's potential. A slasher with a good jump shot. He was a great defensive player, but his offense at times leaves much to be desired especially when he ISOs. The Magic have 0 physicality and I think if Ibaka can play like he did in the playoffs it could be a good trade. Ibaka and Nikola Vučević, should be interesting how they pair up. Nikola Vučević is one of the more underrated centers in the league today.

19. 101GangGreen101

Yeah I have no idea what the 76ers are doing ... I was shocked they kept those 3 guys, I would've tried getting Dunn to play PG. Simmons is probably a better passer then Josh Smith, but his jump shot does need to get better otherwise. 76ers still have no scorer on the perimeter, they will continue to suck.

20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I've always liked Fournier. Ibaka needs to resign for that trade to not look awful tho.