Jordan Jenkins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Apr 29, 2016.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's not moot..

Can you understand, try to at least, that for the short view. It's not going to look like a great pick..

Long term view (which I wasn't looking at) is much brighter and makes the pick a lot more attractive.

Lee IS very RAW. He IS very poor with his fundamentals and technique coming out of college. I think Perry is the better player coming right out of college, however, Lee has a much much higher ceiling and potential in the long haul.

It doesn't take anything away from that at all, I still feel that way about him but with proper coaching and time, he could be one of the best LB in the NFL.

He does not have perfect size for a traditional ILB, stop it. That's just inaccurate. Bowles does play a lot of different schemes and he uses players in very different ways within his scheme.

Buchanan is the perfect example of that. Until I watched how Bowles used him, I didn't feel good at all about the pick. Now it makes much more sense and I like the pick because of this and the potential he has for us in the future.

Just because I like the pick now because of factors I didn't not consider prior does not mean the flaws I have about him are not accurate or irrelevant. It can go both ways and it is both.

Walt White likes this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The small midget who was our first round linebacker will be the ILB. You just can't make this stuff up.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

**Sauce**?!?!?!?!

Just remember I'm not gay so don't get any ideas, lol

#103 Walt White, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  4. Walt White

There you go, pretty much this.

5. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Haha. Sauce is slang for source.

6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

For you to reference when talking to the younger crowd. No judgement, I use it from time to time too.
    Www.urbandictionary.com

7. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

When Rex was coaching he was calling the shots? But now that the Jets keep drafting D it the HC and GM? Why is that!

8. Walt White

Lol, I use it all the time. I was gonna ignore your OP, but I learned something. :)

But your op came out of left field and I didn't think of it. I couldn't imagine wtf you were saying, thus my response, lol

There's was so much bs being slung after those first two picks by the 'experts' I was in no mood for someone breaking my balls. NP, I actually thought you might of been drunk, lol. I've liked your posts on the whole

9. Walt White

Because the HC doesn't stand at the podium with a bunch braggadocio bs about the guys picked now?

Red Menace likes this.
  10. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah that makes sense. Smh

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

agreed, he doesn't have traditional LB size but the proto type is changing as more and more offenses spread the field....need someone to run sideline to sideline...its a MUST. and that's what weve been lacking. If our big bodies do their job upfront, Lee will make a tremendous impact...maybe even sooner than later

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

how about "i was wrong about hackenberg"?

13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

yeah lee is a great fit. my issue with him is where he was drafted and the talent available at that time... but he will be good here for sure

14. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Wow Jenkins has 34+" long arms and 11+" hands. That's pretty damn impressive and should help with setting the edge.

15. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Sounds crazy, probably bias.. but i like this pick more than Leonard Floyd at the next level. Floyd is built like a damn WR. I can't picture him having his way off the edge vs guys like Tyron Smith without getting destroyed..too skinny,. i can't picture Floyd tackling AP in any situation.. Jenkins seems built better for the NFL... he did all the dirty work in Georgia.

Red Menace and Catfish Billy like this.
  16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

same, Floyd will thrive in space and if he stays clean but dude is way too light in the ass

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was praying Floyd didn't somehow fall to us for this reason. To be 240 pounds while consistently lining up face up an offensive tackle is incredibly tough down to down. Not to mention Floyd was not overly productive as a pass rusher in college. I understand that he's drafted mainly on potential but still.

Love the Jenkins pick. He'll fill the role of strong side outside linebacker with ease at that size and while he doesn't have great pass rushing potential he should develop well. I'm specifically thinking about the fact that he'll be seeing single blocking coverage with all the hogs next to him and with those long arms and huge frame he should push the pocket. Calvin Pace clone (in his prime).

JetLifeLo likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Combine height/weights
    Lawrence Timmons 6'1", 234
    Sean Lee 6'2", 234
    Thomas Davis 6'1" 230
    CJ Mosely 6'2", 234
    D'Qwell Jackson 6'0", 230
    Daryl Smith 6'0", 234

You see what I'm getting at here?

1968jetsfan, JetLifeLo and Red Menace like this.
  19. Walt White

I was wary of Floyd too.
    Jenkins actually reminds me of Bryan Thomas, the 3-4 OLB Thomas. But the Pace comparison might be the more accurate description of his playing style and what he'll become. Gotta like the pick

20. Jonathan_Vilma

I think he brings a little more of a pass rushing element to the team than both of those teams did. The best part about Jenkins is that despite playing an absurd amount of games in college, it looks like his best football days are ahead of him with good coaching and immense talent around him at least early on with the Jets.

The thought of having a young core with Lee, Pryor, Leonard Williams, Jenkins, Mauldin and even potentially Marcus Williams & the young corner we drafted is awesome. We could realistically lose Mo and Sheldon and still feel good about the nucleus of the defense. I fully expect us to use next year's draft to solely build the offense.

It was such a deep defensive class that it looks like the FO looked to shore up the defense for the future rather than reach for offensive players. The offensive line and receiver pool was pretty much dried up by the time our second round pick came.

Red Menace likes this.