Welcome to the Jets Christian Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Apr 29, 2016.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Taking a QB who at some point was projected to be the 1st overall pick in a draft is not the same as drafting Stephen Hill and Vlad Ducasse.

Br4d and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Geno Smith was at one point considered a potential top overall pick in his draft.

3. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Idk about this one but MAYBE if we give him time to develop idk.....

4. legler82

Cause Cook is a douche, at least, that's the word on the streets. Side note: Has Cook been drafted yet?

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're full of shit. Cook has little or no upside. I wouldn't have wanted him with a 7th round pick. Hackenberg IS going to prove you wrong and prove just how little you know.

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

So was Hack

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

By that logic Russell Wilson couldn't have been a franchise QB being picked in the 3rd, nor Brady being picked in the 6th, nor Carr being picked in the 2nd...

Teams miss on QBs and whiff on others. I have no idea whether Hackenberg is going to pan out or not but let's not pretend that NFL scouting departments don't underrate and overrate QB prospects on a regular basis.

Br4d and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Mac left open the window for Hack to win the job as a rookie, something he immediately slammed the door on in the Petty press conference.

He either really likes the kid or it's another leveraging ploy against Fitz.

9. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I'm not the biggest Lee fan, but I get the pick and understand why a team would pass on a player such as Paxton. And I ould have been fine with Hackenberg in round 4 as well. There were several better players on the board, and we took a guy who may not even be better than Bryce Petty. That doesn't make sense. I've given this regime credit where credit is due. I'm sick of fans acting as Mac is incapable of making a mistake.

10. irishwhip03

Thats my point. Doesnt mean anything.

11. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

+1000

12. irishwhip03

You are using one in a million picks as examples.

13. BigSnacks54

You're just a typical homer. It's okay to like the pick, but if I asked you two weeks ago if you'd be fine with Hackenberg in round 2, you would have said no. It's as simple as that. He's a terrible college QB. Terrible college QBS usually don't become good NFL QBS. Maybe he'll be a good NFL QB? But that's unlikely. No substance from you as well, typical.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

This argument that Mac and OBrien had some secret meeting where OBrien revealed the magic of Hackenberg is as ridiculous as a one-legged monkey in a pirate costume. Why the hell would OBrien want the help the Jets. If anything he would be neutral or try to fuck us over.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Have you eaten and shat that football yet? ;):p

16. legler82

Although I was never a fan of Geno the player, I never faulted the organization for drafting him. The sin they committed with Geno was treating him like he was a high first round pick. He was pretty much handed 2 seasons competition free to go learn how to be a NFL QB on our time. He almost had a 3rd season if not for IK's right hook.

17. irishwhip03

Im still on board with Mac. I knew eventually he was going to need to draft a QB early that was going to be labeled as "his guy"..just figured it wouldn't be this draft since by all measures we're a win now team with only 5 picks.

QB next season would've made a lot more sense.

He should've traded back in the 2nd. Could've probably even gotten Hackenberg later while picking up another pick.

18. BigSnacks54

1. Br4d, Sep 13, 2015Report
      #197LikeReply

2. [​IMG]
      NCJetsfanWell-Known Member
      Cash:
      $1,000
      I saw both Hackenberg and Cook play today, and I think they both suck. Hackenberg is unathletic, slow, and locks onto his receivers. Cook doesn't step into this throws. He either throws flat footed or off his heel. That's a recipe for disaster in the NFL. I can't believe he didn't fix that over the summer. Because of that his accuracy is all over the place. He's also bad about locking onto receivers. I wouldn't consider either of them in the draft at this point.

NCJetsfan, Sep 13, 2015Report
      #198LikeReply
    What did Hackenberg do over the last three months for you to change your opinion? He continued to play like crap.

19. irishwhip03

I liked the pick at the time. It was great value. But I just dont think because a guy was hyped at one point he deserves consideration. Cook was in consideration for the top pick in this draft at this point last year..and he's still on the board.

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm not following the whole dialogue.