Welcome to the Jets Christian Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I think few are thrilled with the pick but fuck it he's on the team now and the Jets wanted this guy i hope he succeeds and proves the majority wrong, this a gamble but it just might work.

Br4d, hwismer and hornblower like this.
  2. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Because they gave up a crap load of picks to get the second pick? thanks for playing try again

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

your reading comprehension is lacking. not only did i not say it was all on the qb, i specifically said it wasnt. that doesnt mean he still wasnt part of the problem.

him being the best qb left is not an argument to draft him in the second round. if he doesnt make it out of there then you didnt lose much and are better off taking a talent elsewhere.

the guy was poor in college, and if the excuse was his offensive line, he will be playing behind a bad one here as well. not a good pick. and it will continue the cycle of the jets not finding long term starters early in the draft. even if hackenberg is decent, he wont have the players around him cause we can never hit on talent in the draft to put around him

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Hack 'n Sack.....He should live there :)

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm more concerned O'Brien passed than Philly.

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hahajaaaa jerkoff.

_

7. jerseyjay14

they certainly had more talent. they should have had a better record, but got shit qb play and shit oline play

8. NJJets20

NJJets20 Active Member

Man, this forum is the most depressing place ever during the draft. Everyone hates everything no matter what.

I'm more than willing to give the kid a chance, he has a cannon for an arm and the best football mind out of any QB in the draft. Those are two extremely important qualities for a QB. If Bill O'Brien stays at Penn State, this kid is the number one overall pick. Glad to have him on the jets. Hope he can turn into the franchise QB we all have been waiting for.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Man I hate the pick. I really feel like this guy is a gigantic douchebag and such an immature POS. That said I also hate Brady as a human being so who knows...

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Why the heck would the Texans take a project QB in the 2nd round after signing Brock to big money?

zace and Barry the Baptist like this.
  11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Sorry Brad but this is a major project one we don't have the luxury of taking the time to develop. We shouldn't be drafting guys because if we don't the Pats will. So what now of the Petty pick? Devin Smith looks like shit, Petty is now a waste of a pick and we still don't have a competent QB on the roster. After 10-6 in 2015 I think 6-10 is more likely next year which puts tons of pressure on Mac and Bowles in 2017 and honestly after this pick I have no confidence that Mac is the man for the job. We drafted Browning Nagle 2.0 with much worse numbers. You can try and spin it but this is a horrible horrible pick.

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That would be mattrobinson17 and "what the fuck?" is right because this whole draft thing is so overrated.

Unless you actually draft a couple of guys who actually play the game for a decade or so.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Except the jets didnt have a bad oline last season by any stretch. Youre thw one whos comprehension obviously is lacking. I said hes not starting you say well its a bad pick because, his offensive line contributed, so wheres the correlation? Youre operating inder the assumption hes starting next season and hes not. Hell maybe not even the season after that. So hows it a bad pick? Hes not even gonna see the field outside preseason.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Hacks college career completion percentage is 10% lower than Tebows

legler82 and Barry the Baptist like this.
  15. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Don't know if I'd go that far; it may just be that they see Petty as promising, but not a sure thing, and they don't want all their eggs in one basket.

hwismer likes this.
  16. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Fitz for a year then Hack & Petty competition. Interesting.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Dude let it go you sound retarded. Its not like a game difference or two either.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Oh shit of course Matt. Salt of the Earth.

Still.

_

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's like watching the Geno Smith disaster again, why the fuck do the Jets always think they are smarter than everyone else? Always

74 and boozer32 like this.
  20. jerseyjay14

we had a poor offensive line last season. especially at tackle, where we got bottom 10 line play. plus mangold wont be around for very long either. our offensive line is a mess with no young future lineman on the team.

our oline situation is one of the worst in football when you take a long term view.

boozer32 likes this.