Welcome to the Jets Christian Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Apr 29, 2016.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No talent? He had one of the best young RB's in the country last year and his WR's and D Line were the only thing that kept them in any games. Clearly you're talking out of your ass now.

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we will never have the cast to compete for a superbowl blowing day 1 and 2 picks.

we drafted a qb last year, and then another this year. that basically says the team isnt high on a guy they draft last year who hasnt even taken an nfl snap. just because you need to find a franchise qb doesnt mean you need to make poor decisions that prevent you from getting better elsewhere.

tomdeb and 74 like this.
  4. endydee

endydee Active Member

He's Chad Pennington, with a better arm.

Catfish Billy likes this.
  5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

No reason to think the jet regime doesn't know their business. As far as I know no one on this board has worked this player out. Strong opinions by amateurs make no impresion. Nor should they.

Freddy Mondo and FlaJet like this.
  7. JetsNation06

He's Pennington minus the feel, touch, accuracy, college and pro success.

legler82 likes this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No, I completely understand that. I trust this regime and I watched Hackenberg play. I think he is worth the risk.

9. jerseyjay14

there is nowhere to spiral, he has been a bad qb since his freshman year.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Clearly you are. That team had no talent. Coaching was god awful on top of it. Dont confuse the fact that you're pissed for actual talent scouting. Hes gonna sot and learn so its perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

11. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Ok this is gonna be hard, but Im going to give Mac and Bowles the benefit as much as we might not want to admit it but not signing Fitz has possibly put us in this predicament. I just don't see us spending a round 2 pick on a QB this high, maybe some where else but certainly not this high . Let me start by saying i don't like Hackenberg much and i like to think of myself as a person who follows the draft closely. Im not going to pretend that I'm always right on players and its a lot easier to spread out opinions over the internet vs than actually have your face and name on it. I hope I'm dead wrong on him and obviously the Jets see a lot of things they like.

Coaching by far is extremely important in football vs any other sport, if indeed the coaches and FO feel that within time that Hackenberg can be fixed then I'm for the pick. Football more than any sport u see random guys from all rounds in the draft succeeding once they have been drafted and put in different situations. QB is the most important position in sports and it should have a premium placed on it more than other positions. Look at what LA and PHI just gave to get there QB, THE WORLD. And it still might not matter after the fact, just ask Washington. As much as the Hackenberg hate has maybe blinded some from maybe properly evaluating him, i think everyone should give the kid a chance given the extremely horrible situation he was in at Penn State. Everything you heard was real, no talent was around him due to the sanctions, poor coaching is real thats why u see some 5 star prospects fail time and time again.

For all the Petty lovers, sorry he was a 4th round pick, Hack has more talent he isn't better

legler82 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

love how everyone in the media is turning on mac after one pick

bunch of reactionary dickfaces

NCJetsfan and Catfish Billy like this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I expect billboards by week 4

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree, and I think Hackenberg has some awful habits in terms of his mechanics. Right now it does suggest he will be a bust, but who knows. Gotta trust Gailey.

legler82 likes this.
  15. jerseyjay14

if thats the case i really i dont want a guy whose play is so reliant on talent... i want someone who raises the play of those around him. not someone who turtles when the talent around him isnt up to par

boozer32 and 74 like this.
  16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Stay away from Ohio State players and Penn St. players. Blair Thomas, A-A-ron Maybin, Todd Blackledge, Curtis Ennis, Courtney Brown, Ki-Jana Carter

17. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Why does Hackeburg have a high ceiling? What does that even mean? Northwestern had more talent than Penn St? I hope so because they obiliterated him twice.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Very, very doubtful.

19. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I think it is pretty obvious what Macc and Bowles and Chan are all about. They want smart, focused guys at the key positions. Geno is gone. They will resign Fitz and see which of Petty or Hack can develop into the next QB. In the first round they took a smart, quick, versatile guy to play inside, cover TEs, implement Bowles schemes.

I like what they are building. Will it all work out? Who knows. But they have a plan and I am on board. Lets see what the 3rd round brings.

20. JetsNation06

Yeah you're clueless. Barkley and one of the best D lines in the country is no talent? Don't blame his awful accuracy and shitty play on the coaching staff. Stick to checkers. You can apologize to me when he's never started a full NFL season in the next 5 years. Dope.

21. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Fucking mother fucking fuck ass fuck shit.

_

legler82 and cval like this.