Welcome to the Jets Christian Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Apr 29, 2016.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I have to think this means the Jets don't see Petty realistically developing into their guy.

legler82 and tiger8mush like this.
  2. tiger8mush

tiger8mush Member

Hope you're right. Obviously the coaching staff feels the same as you.

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ya but Fitzpatrick set the Jets TD passing record , I've never seen so many whiny ass bitches.

ChrebetCrunch likes this.
  4. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

True, but Mac is the GM and he feels differently then many of the experts here. I agree that the team is a mess, but we absofuckinglutely need to find a long-term solution at qb. We dont have one on the roster and I want to see the jets win a SB before I die. I don't give a shit about making the playoffs when there is no fucking chance of winning it all. We cant hit on second round picks, we are fucking cursed. Maybe this kid wont be another ducasse or hill wannabee.......

Catfish Billy likes this.
  5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Because Jordan Palmer is such a guru of grooming NFL Qb's...Yeah let's go with that one. The media just gets dumber by the day.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  6. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I watched a lot of Christian Hackenberg in college ... I thought he was the most overrated QB in college football. Not once did I ever say to myself, "I think this guy is an NFL caliber QB". Frankly, I didn't even think he was an average Power 5 college football starter. I think the Jets pissed away a draft pick here.

tbruner12, JetsNation06 and boozer32 like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yuckkkkkkkkkk we got a QB bigger than our linebacker. Hackenberg is a pussy and his accuracy is just plain awful. Is Mac and Bowles shooting up heroin? This draft is making Idzik drafts look like the 1974 Steelers draft. I was hoping Cook would be the pick. Hey Dick Butkus looked pretty good for his age can we draft him in the 3rd? Couldn't be any worst.

tbruner12 likes this.
  8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

That comparison would be valid only if he spirals out like 8ball. Don't see this happening

9. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Either that or they are comfortable with giving Petty a shot to start this year with an eye towards developing Hackenburg for a year or two. Time will tell.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We should have just came out and said "We don't want to draft anyone" and gave the pick away for free

74 and JetsNation06 like this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I didn't want to draft Hackenberg, but his freshman year tape is amazing, that kind of talent doesn't just go away. Jets need to put in major work.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Ok you obviously havent been following a single thing in this thread. Theres no crystal ball, it was all over the news on this guy. Had BO not left, i dont think wed even be having this conversation. No talent around, bad coaching equals not shot for success. Watch his film you see the problems as well as the good. He can be good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

13. boozer32

They pissed away 2 draft picks. When the draft ends tomorrow the Jets will be on the clock for the 2017 NFL draft.

74 likes this.
  14. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Upside would have mattered to me if the prospects were close. Cook is 10x the player Hackenberg is. As I said before, I hope Hackenberg proves me wrong, but his play and data suggests he'll be Logan Thomas/Ryan Lidely.

15. Mallford

Mallford Member

Ok this guy is a homer but this is some praise. His line was HORRIBLE. No one is completing passes from their arse.

16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

That would be Driskel. Lindley is like the worst QB in the last 10 years lol.

17. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

The Jets blow a second round pick every year who cares.

18. Skender51

Skender51 New Member

The difference is Jeff driskal played with other highly touted players, where as hackenburg has no one else on the team... They might as well have given penn st the death penalty because hackenburg was the only reason they were even some what competitive... Hackenburg has one of the highest ceilings in the draft... A second round pick is nothing for a shot at a franchise qb... Hackenburg could very well be a bust but it's a chance I think the jets should take... Every draft pick has a chance to bust, why not take a chance on a potential franchise changing qb

NCJetsfan and edray10 like this.
  19. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's not like we have an amazing track record with second-round picks anyway.

beat me to it darnit :p

boozer32 likes this.
  20. boozer32

The awful accuracy? This guy is a stiff.