Jets made serious effort to trade for #1 overall pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by RichardCaster, Apr 14, 2016.

1. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Lynch is not a top 10 pick. If we traded up to the the 6th pick it better be forever someone like Jack or stanley not Lynch

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't you take that deal?

The brown would get basically two 1sts (Mo has the value of a 1st) and a 3rd.

The Titans basically got one 1st and three 2nds (bc next years pick loses value by a round)

The Browns would get someone comparable to a Buckner, a midround 1st and a third.

We could even sweeten the pot and throw in a qb with a similar skill set as their perceived starter (or in lieu of the 3rd).

3. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

woody is cheap

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If we trade up to get a quarterback in thus draft I'm going to puke all over Abyzmul's shoes.

5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Stanley is sliding down draft boards.... Jack isn't worth what it would take to get to#6... If you make a move like that you believe Lynch is a franchise guy. Is he? I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure he will be a top 10 pick now with the LA trade.

BacktoQueens and FJF like this.
  6. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

If Tunsil is there at #6, I could see Mac trading #20 + Wilkerson to draft him.

tiger8mush likes this.
  7. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

That would be incredible. Sadly i cant see tunsil making it past the chargers at 3. Too much pass rush in that division

8. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Only way I see someone reaching for Lynch in early is if niners trade kap. Maybe it's just me but I don't see anything special about him. He is big and strong that's about it.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets dodged a bullet. Jets shouldn't be reaching for Lynch

10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

He's big and strong, and while he looks lanky and clumsy, he has surprisingly good footwork. He moves around really well inside and outside the pocket and he doesn't trip all over himself. Most guys his size can't do that. Really, though, that's where the surprises end. He'd be a great pick at #20, but not worth trading up for at all.

11. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Watch how Wilk suddenly gets all the recognition he's long deserved finally (by media and non-jets fans) AFTER we trade him. typical.

12. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

This doesnt pass the smell test. The Jets had the 6 pick and an unsigned Wilkerson last year. And Mariotta and Winston who were much better prospects than this years crop. If there was a time to give away the store for a QB prospect, last year was it. Not the 2016 draft class.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Difference is, last year there were 2 teams at the top that needed qbs.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would trade up for Jack if the opportunity and price presented itself. Jack could completely transform our defense.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Last year we don't trade Mo as we didn't have Williams yet ...

16. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I too saw the report about the Jets trying to trade with Tennessee for #1, I thought it involved Mo. Here's hoping they are still interested and are a viable trade partner for him.

Maybe trade for one of their 1st rounders next year, or multiple 2's this year considereing they have 3 now.

17. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

True. But I wonder if what the Rams gave up this year would have gotten TB or Tenn to give up the pick. That was a kings ransom.

18. harts24

harts24 Member

People have been over valuing Mo for two years now . Those who think that you can swap #20 and Mo to move up into the top 10 its NOT HAPPENING!!!

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah. I think the other thing people are missing, and this just dawned on me today, is that we are still buying into the Rex Ryan system.

Specifically we are still buying into the notion that defense is the key to a super bowl. This essentially factors into your comment in that we are over valuing Wilkerson because he is important to the defensive system. But we need to remember this regime is trying to de-emphasize the defensive system and players (and I don't want to confuse this with not being a defensive minded team -- I specifically mean having the gritty non-household named players being the focus of the defense and letting the household named players hold down the offense).

I was against dismantling the defensive line, especially after we lost Harrison to the Giants but the fact which will remain is that this is an offensive weighted league now. We need many more options at skilled positions starting with QB in order to be successful.

I appreciate Mo and he has been one of my favorite players on this roster, but the Jets need to use him as a trading chip to acquire some of the offensive skill pesonnel.

#39 GQMartin, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    harts24 likes this.
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Just don't mess up his camel toe(s) ;)
    [​IMG]