Jets To Sign Bruce Carter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SexyRexy11, Mar 31, 2016.

1. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Yep, this became real.

2. Newyawka

Newyawka Member

Dam what is Woody paying him with?Talcum powder and lotion? Where is Mac finding money for all these under the radar signings??

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I like our signings so far. We aren't exactly getting younger but the replacements we are getting our solid. And we are adding depth. If we can resign Fitz and gave a good draft then I won't complain.

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Carter starts over Henderson. The Jets needed both starter and backup positions, so this makes sense.

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It does make sense. I look forward to that position battle.

6. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Man I'm loving these FA signings this year with Jenkins, McLendon, Henderson and Carter. They're not flashy but they're very good depth picks. Carter is a very athletic LB who should be able to come in and contribute. A signing like this might make it more feasible to take a chance on Jaylon Smith and his redshirt season.

RochesterJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lol how about from now on... don't shoot the messenger.

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I think we can forget about signing Fitzpatrick at this point. Close that thread cause considering how in the red we are now, I don't know if we have enough fat to cut. We are already ~$6.5m over the cap and signing Fitz will put us another $10m or so further in debt. Plus we need money for our draft picks. Would getting rid of Wilkerson and Ferguson even cover all that?

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Carter had 5 ints 2 years ago, that already makes him a better pass cover LB than Demario Davis

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Solid signing in that we have 3 NFL middle linebackers on the roster. I could see some sort of a rotation or at least Carter playing on a lot of 3rd downs. I think for now it somewhat removes the idea of taking an ILB in the first round unless Jack miraculously falls. I think we are pretty much locked in to an OLB/OT I'm just hoping we trade down if we get one of those positions since I don't think the top guys are going to be there.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I love this signing. Even if Carter just plays on certain passing downs, he could help shut down TEs and RBs over the middle, which would be HUGE. I think our D will be even better this season than last, even with Snacks and possibly Mo gone.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Considering trading Mo would clear up 15.7M, cutting Brick 9M, and cutting Breno 4.5M, yes.

13. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

LMAO at page 1 of this thread ..... all the abuse the poor OP took for "making up" a ridiculous rumor, getting called "the troll of all trolls", threatening to block him from starting threads, etc etc etc, and now all those goons are the ones looking silly, having to eat crow ...... hahahahahahaha! :cool:
    (reminds me of the abuse I have to take in that thread I started in the other forum)

PabloJa likes this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Except this guy turned out to be correct.

Freddy Mondo and FJF like this.
  15. Truth4U2

...same as that other thread actually. Some people take longer than others to catch on.

16. Dierking

Add the word "except" to the things you need to learn the definition of.

17. Truth4U2

...a little hasty to form an opinion and close up the ol' mind are we? I made the grammatical adjustment moments after you jumped to your conclusion. (or trying to trip me up on a grammar technicality when it was clear what I meant, a typical strategy resorted to by those unable to compete in a debate...smh)

....but I understand you're embarrassed by what transpired on page 1 of this thread, so I should stop picking on you. sorry. (don't forget to attack me for not capitalizing the "S" in sorry, that'll help you "win" the debate ... lol)

#37 Truth4U2, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  18. Dierking

Still haven't gotten a handle on the definition of "irony" I see. Lotsa work for you to do.

19. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Please stop posting

Ubiquitous likes this.
  20. Truth4U2

Those who want to deny the truth (in any debate btw) can always find lots of clever ways to talk around it. Like Paul Simon sang "...the man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest." I'm fully aware that you will try to label this as "irony" as well, I know exactly what you're thinking because it's the same old lines/cliches that are always resorted to by those who want to deny the facts and live in their own world .....
    .....but let's get back to football shall we?

,,,,,what do you think about the Bruce Carter signing? (after all being Jets fans is something we have in common)