Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

you could have said the same thing about a rehabbing Fitz last year.... in fact, Geno kind of did beat him out until the whole IK thing went down if you recall correctly

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

There was no real 'competition' last year, which was a major error in judgement as it turned out. Unless you believe Geno was getting 35 TD's and 10 INT's compared to Fitz's 31-15 ratio.

3. jerseyjay14

Geno is terrible and he would have sucked last year. my post was in response to the comment "hoyer wouldnt even beat out geno or petty". my point was, in the preseason fitz didnt beat out geno, bowles named geno the starter and geno played better in TC/PS.

fitz wasnt some good QB coming in, and he didnt outplay geno, he got the spot on a technicality. i dont think hoyer is any worse then fitz coming in last year

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Actually he was handed the job by TB going in, and stated it was 'Geno's job to lose'. Which Geno did. Hoyer would be a real downer at this point.

Let's get Fitz in here and move on to what is hopefully a constructive draft, and another competitive season.

5. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

If the 9ers lose kaep I could see them going after Fitztragic. Rg3 already said he wants to play for the rams

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

That seems odd to me considering Jeff Fisher punked him a while back by sending out all the captains from the players the Rams got for RG3, but I guess beggars can't be choosers (re: RG3)

7. jerseyjay14

geno didnt lose the job, he outplayed fitz in TC/PS. IK knocked geno out of a job, literally.

bring back fitz if he is willing to take 5-6 million. otherwise on to the next guy. fitz isnt good enough and our ceiling as team isnt high enough to justify a big long term deal

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You think Fitz can run Chips system? Idk about that.

9. Walt White

That's how he lost it. Fuck him. Fitz was coming off the broken leg and wasn't ready. That's why TB named Geno and said what he did.
    Just like he named Fitz the day after the season ended.

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If Kaep is a goner I wouldn't be surprised if the 9ers sign Sanchez. Pretty sure Philly is cutting him if they haven't already.

11. jerseyjay14

you are missing my point.

the argument against hoyer was that "can he even beat out geno" when last year you could have said the same about fitz.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That doesn't make sense. You don't know if they think any of the QB's could start right away as Fitz's replacement or if that QB would even be available to the Jets when they pick. The only way you could assume not signing Fitz equates to drafting a QB is if the Jets are going to start that rookie week 1. But you don't know if any of the QB's are capable of doing so. Otherwise there is nothing to indicate they aren't signing Fitz because they will draft his replacement. But not starting the 1st round QB immediately doesn't replace Fitz this season, and nobody is under the guise that Fitz is the long term QB for the team.

You don't abandon the short term QB (Fitz) because you are drafting a long term project in the 1st round because you still need a third QB to start this season while that rookie learns.

Nothing about letting Fitz walk even remotely intimates that QB is their first round target.

13. Walt White

I know that. That's cool.

I'm just saying that Geno didn't really beat out Fitz in a straight out competition. TB declared Geno to shut the media up. Fitz wasn't ready for that until well into camp. He was coming off a broken leg. Nobody knew for sure if he was gonna be okay even.

No biggie

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  14. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

@MikeSilver
    While the Broncos try to close the Kaepernick trade, they're formulating backup plans. Have been in touch with agent for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

15. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

^ yup. So in other words, Denver is trying to use Fitz as leverage to lower SF's asking price.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

-
    while we use s.f. to lower fitz's asking price.
    and s.f. uses us to raise denvers offer

NYJalltheway likes this.
  18. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

And we're using the lack of serious interest to lower Fitz's asking price!!
    Agents win day 1; GMs win day 2/3?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

lool, according to who?