Damon Harrison's value

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rsmehta, Jan 5, 2016.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Honestly I rather have kept Snacks and traded Mo

Br4d likes this.
  2. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I just hope Snacks sticks to chicken fingers and doesn't accidentally eat a Jason Pierre-Paul finger.

KingRoach likes this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

For what the Giants played? Good riddance to Snacks. $30m guaranteed over the first three years?

dogg and KingRoach like this.
  4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

What I am not getting is that with the exception of Snacks (who was still overpaid) we have Fitz Powell and Ivory all looking to get paid a lot despite having such inconsistent histories. I think that bad game against Buffalo hurt Fitz a lot. If he got us into the playoffs I think many teams would want him.

5. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

No, the ivory contract alone is not even worth a 3rd rounder based on the past few years of comp picks.

Walt White likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Very hard to do, although I agree with you on this one. Snacks in the middle between Richardson and Williams was still a very good 3-4.

The reason it was hard to do is that the Jets would have had to trade Mo for much less than he seems to be worth. Maybe a 2nd round pick in a tag and trade.

Having the Jags sign Malik Jackson really hurt us. They were a prime destination in a tag and trade and now they're not there any more. The Raiders may just sit tight and plan to take a DL in the draft.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, with the way contracts are skyrocketing, you're probably right. I guess I was thinking that since Ivory was a starter here and $6 million a year is a LOT for a RB, it would be worth a 3rd. Would it be worth a 4th?

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Oh it killed his value, along with the fact that he had a good defense, OK running game and weapons on the outside that plays a roll in the value. If he got us into the playoffs, I think his value would've increased absolutely. But numb nuts decided to throw the worst INT of the season in the most crucial game.

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Jeeez I wanted Harrison resigned, but for 9M per year? That's steep...

10. LongIslandBlitz

You guys don't seem to understand the concept of paying good players.10 mill a year for the best run stopping defensive tackle is what the market is.You have to pay top guys ,but honestly I wish the NFL would do away with the salary cap and let teams stay together

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lets see if he's still the best run stuffing dt in the league when he's not playing between Wilkerson and richardson/williams. I have my doubts.

dogg and Martin&theJETS like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There was no market for two-down NTs until the Giants went and paid Snacks way more than any team should have. You don't seem to understand that. Your whole "sky is falling" gimmick is wearing thin.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  13. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

I will personally miss Big Dame like crazy. Our run defense will obviously take a hit as well.
    I'm happy for him went from undrafted to that huge payday we couldn't match, along with Vernon he has a real chance to make an impact next season I wish him nothing but success. Snacks was one hell of a Jet.

Cman68 and Catfish Billy like this.
  14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Sad day in NYJ history. GL Snacks--you earned it.

15. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Investing too much money in one position (DLine) makes every other position worse off in the zero sum game that the NFL is (with a hard salary cap). If Mac and Bowles believe that Demon Simon or another, cheaper FA is a bigger bang for our buck than paying Snacks $9.25, I completely understand that analysis. We can do a lot with the money we're not paying Snacks, such as signing Fitz...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

If you play between two first round DE's (especially ones as good as Wilk and Richardson) you're bound to do well. We will easily see our next NT do some of the same things at the nearly the same success for a fraction of the price of Harrison. Goodbye and good luck. Snacks deserves it and I'm happy to see a guy like him get paid. But that check isn't coming from the Jets and it'll be no skin off our backs. Just happy he didn't sign with the Pats or a team we play frequently.

Catfish Billy likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

$10 million hasn't been the going rate for 3-4 NTs. No one foresaw Snacks getting that kind of money, and he isn't worth it. He's a 2-down player. The Giants are freaking nuts.

I don't like the cap, either, but we're stuck with it. It's the only thing that keep things roughly equivalent and competitive with some owners being much wealthier than others.

18. LongIslandBlitz

I rather have a defense like the Broncos did then Ryan Fitzpatrick and losing Harrison doesn't get us any closer.I wish we would sign a Linebacker already we have the worse linebacker core in the league,id take anyone with potential

19. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Broncos had the good fortune of having that kind of defense at the right time. They're an outlier.

20. LongIslandBlitz

What about the Seahawks who's defense brought them to back to back Superbowls.We have everything but linebackers.The Broncos and Seahawks have some of the best linebackers in the league