New Helmet Concept

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the military camo green but a matte finish like the Vikings helmet might look pretty sweet!
    This is the nicest of the redesigns yet imo, I really like it.

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Honestly... give me our color rush helmets with the metallic shiny kelly green and the kelly green jersey from that game as well.. just white pants..

[​IMG]

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree, i really liked those uniforms, i even liked the green pants. but would be very happy just to be back to kelly green.

i also like the design on the helmet that was posted. once again kelly green all the way for me though. and you cant be a green and white team with gray facemasks. its just not sensible.

4. june19

june19 Active Member

Yup,is time for a change.

5. june19

june19 Active Member

Yeah that big logo looks sweet and i like the green helmet.maybe in metalic green be awesome.let see

6. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

don't care for this

Royal Tee likes this.
  7. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Aye, too minty...not good. The metallic green helmets from the colour rush game were great though.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

Royal Tee and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  9. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Really they should just switch to the color rush unis with two changes. 1) kelly green for the entire thing so switch the stripes and the logo 2) green jerseys white pants and white jerseys green pants. Never all green and occasionally all white.

10. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Something like those would be DOPE simple slight changes nothing crazy but this both combines the better Jets logo with the lettering on the helmet. Please for love of god can please switch back to Kelly Green that forest green looks horrible and looks literally like the color of shit when those guys start to sweat in it. Id actually prefer a white helmet but we should get a black alternate aswell so the green helmet works.Also if were going to continue to have the blimp like circle on our helmet change the name to the blimps if not rightfully change it to something that resembles a Jet please.

Cman68 and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  11. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Making the current uni's kelly green is the only change needed.
    You may as well make the logo a Mount Rushmore type image of Walton/Coslet/Carroll/Kotite, because that's the only thing I think of when I see that old logo.

Agree with the Kelly Green. And call me crazy, but I always thought the "blimp" resembled a football.

12. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Love these. Wish they would bring back this logo. Not a big fan of the ones we have now

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that 80s jets logo is so much better than the one we have now. its bland and tired at this point.

can you do the facemasks in kelly green too? id be interested to see what that looks like. also dont much care for the double white strip on the helmet.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't like that helmet logo. I am reminded of losing and I get a bad feeling in my stomach. I also feel like it is an example of someone trying to be fancy & trendy in the late 70s.

I am a real curmudgeon when it comes to uniforms and crap, so maybe this thread isn't for me but I really don't want to see any changes with the Jets' look. Its a classic, clean, cool look that stands the test of time. All the best uniforms are that way. The Jets, the Steelers, the Raiders, the Cowboys, Penn State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Texas..... Nothing worse than going gimmicky and then when the flavor of the month wears off having to go back to your traditional look- like the Jets and many others have already done

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to see that you think that way about the logo. I LOVE that logo. I think it fits the team's name and is much classier than the blimp or football or whatever it is on the helmets now. I also don't understand why the kelly green doesn't make you think of Walton/Coslet/Carroll/Kotite, because I think that's the only time they wore that shade of green. What about Joe Klecko, Mark Gastineau, Wesley Walker, Al Toon, Kenny O'Brien, Mickey Shuler and all the other good/great players the Jets had during that era? I think of the players when I see those unis, not the HCs.

Forget that I think those unis and logo are better looking and more contemporary. I think wearing those kelly green unis and that logo could help exorcise the ghosts of the past. Wearing the current uni colors and logo, the team sucked in 2011-2014 and in other periods of their history.

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Lose the green around the neck on the white jersey. and i don't like the stripes on the helmet, they need to widen the white so all 3 stripes are equal size like they are now. Outside of that these are great and those are very easy fixes. my only other fear is the hit to my bank account cause i would fully gear up again.

17. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Well there you go, you prefer contemporary, I prefer classic/traditional. As for the great players you mentioned, when I think of them I think "gee what great players they were, too bad they suffered from incompetent HC's".

I'll meet you halfway; I think I could tolerate the Big 80's logo in green on the current white helmet, not white on a green helmet. And certainly none of that metallic crap from the color rush game.

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

oh man, I disagree on both points.

the 80's/90's logo is bland and reminiscent of Walton/Kotite days for me.

and kelly green on a facemask would be gaudy, and too much. like the color rush.
    on classic 2 color teams like the Jets, a grey facemask works best imo.
    kind of like the Crimson Tide not going with a Crimson facemask. they keep it grey, along with the Colts, and what the Jets used to have.

our current uniforms/logos don't need much change.
    just one green please, and preferably kelly green.
    also no stomach patch, and for the love of god, no more pickle green pants! keep the pants white.

the 60's were our best uniforms, and how they still should be.

[​IMG]

amuck57, BrowningNagle and alleycat9 like this.
  19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

you are correct, that's what this discussion always boils down to.

you either like classic/traditional, or you like the re-designs and tweaks Nike has been doing in the NCAA and NFL.

personally i love the classic look, and like the tradition of different generations of football being played in the same uniforms.
    can't stand what Nike has been doing. stomach patches, color rushes, rubber vnecks, alarm clock fonts.......i cringe any time i see Jax, Miami, or Tampa on the tube..

20. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Haha u see a football I see a blimp, I just think that logo is kind of wack and corny, like obviously they're playing football why just put a football(blimp) on the helmet aswell it's just unoriginal and lazy. We are the Jets, why is there not a single Jet looking thing on our jersey. And it's not like we're a classic franchise no offense to you lifers but this is a middle of the pack team who doesn't really have great football history. Hell the Panthers and Ravens have already been to more Super Bowls then us and we've got decades in both franchises. Change the unis they're simple and boring, maybe if we were great and had great memories of the franchise in these current unis, but we don't all we got is Joe Namath folks.

Ubiquitous, NCJetsfan and alleycat9 like this.