Colin Kaepernick a NYJ?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by championjets69, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He does have cool tats.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

But still a retard.

P.S. I just can't believe the bullshit I see from this fan base.

I mean, isn't 6 years enough for you to grow out of RETARDS?

Physical tools aren't everything - it's the brains that matter the most. Jets finally have a QB with a brain - and they want this retard Kaepernick? Are they fucking serious? Jesus fucking Christ.

3. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

He could never handle the media in New York.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

given the choices, which one to pursue...

Geno: Not sure why a 3rd opportunity is merited?
    Petty: Still raw?
    Kapernick: Wants to come here, but is he strong enough to handle the Tri State media and fanbase?
    Fitz: Brainy with limitations-Arm strength, deep ball accuracy?

Granted not an HOF list here but not the worst ever list either. Not sure if we should stand pat by resigning Fitz to a short term OR take a flier on Kapernick IF the 9ers cut him. Draft pick trading should be avoided if at all possible.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We did well with the Gailey/Fitz combo

Kap has to learn the system and dev chemistry with receivers???

The odds of Fitz returning are imo 70%

This discussion is ridiculous monkey wrenchery

6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

well for "they's" (our) sake ... he expressed interest in us and it wasn't the other way around... but as far as some of the ppl on here.. yes.. they've gone crazy

MJK likes this.
  7. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Sometimes I could envision Kaep being our version of Cam but the thing is he is a liftle older 28 to 26 and a little lighter by about 20 pounds. But honestly he intrigues me a little. I think if he is focused he can make a turn around and Im kind of for a guy wanting to come here. He went to the super bowl and those 49er teams were pretty good a couple years ago. Im only for it if we sign Fitz back and Kaep sits for a year here.... which is unlikely.

Ubiquitous likes this.
  8. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I guess some people just don't see Fitzpatrick as a long term answer and don't see too many other options with the upside that Kap has....

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If Bowles, Gailey and Mac want Kaep - then I have no issues with it. There's no way he would come to this team with that figure, but it would be interesting to say the least. The question is would you just swap Mo for Kaep all together? No picks involved.

10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Fitz turned in the best season by a Jets QB since what...Chad in 2006? Chad in 2002 maybe? And we want to get rid of him for a dumb gimmick option QB? No. Stick with Fitz until something definitively better comes along, which won't happen in 2016.

Fitz is our guy for now. Maybe Petty can take the reigns in 2017.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  11. JetLifeLo

highly doubt he comes here to sit... and something tells me it's one or the other i don't see a situation where they are both on our roster in 2016.

Please just sign Fitz and continue to prep petty. We good kaep, thanks bro.

12. JetLifeLo

Hell no. Mo is our franchise player. Kaep is just an overpaid guy that's been regressing every year.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  13. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

If I'm trading Mo I want a first THIS YEAR and possibly a 4th AND another player. Doesn't have to be a great player, just serviceable.

An example of a Mo Wilk trade would be to the Saints for their 12th pick in the 1st round, their 4th round pick and Khiry Robinson.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It depends on whether the Jets really feel if they're going to resign him or not. If they don't they might consider it but Mo's trade value is still 1,000 times higher than Kaepernick's value given he already said he wants to leave and he was horrible last year. He himself killed any negotiating stance the 49ers have with other teams.

I think they cut him once they find out that no one can afford to take on his salary.

I also think there's a lot of fluffing in this speculation. Him saying "yeah I wouldn't mind playing in New York" in an off hand comment can turn into "I won't play for the 49ers, I want out and I want to play for the Jets."

KingRoach and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  15. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Positives of this news story. (Which is all it is, and shame on us for letting Manish troll us here)
    1) Makes Fitz want to get a deal done sooner/cheaper.

........Thats about it. One of the early posters (thanks) sent a video of Kaep missing an uncovered WR at the line of scrimmage. Had he kept his eyes open, it would have been an easy TD. Fitz and Marshall had this exact same play for a TD against the Titans. I hope Bowles and Mac dont get sucked in by this. I like that they brought in an intelligent field general like Fitz to run the offense. I hope Petty emulates Fitz. If the Jets see value in the draft I'd like them to bring in another field general.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Kaepernick has been in a similar situation to the one Mark Sanchez endured during his last two seasons with the Jets. The talent around him has declined and he hasn't been able to take up the slack.

That said, he has been a much better QB than Sanchez was when he was supported by a talented cast around him. He's definitely worth a flyer, although not remotely what he was worth before last season's disaster. He's still a 28 year old QB with success in his past and those guys tend to be very valuable if they're put in a good situation.

I think the Jets should re-sign Fitzpatrick as a priority and then look at other options moving forward. If they can't re-sign Fitz for whatever reason then bringing Kaepernick in to work with Chan Gailey would be a good second option.

kevmvp likes this.
  17. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I tend to agree but it's really not discussing weather to give Kap a shot that's retarded, it's people advocating mortgaging the future and basically giving him the keys to the franchise that's complete insanity. That decision would most likely send the Jets to 1-15 in two years. The Jets need to start hitting on their draft picks the next few years not trading them away for a reclamation project.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

So next year TC we'll have Kaep, RG3, and Geno. We're set.

dawinner127 and KingRoach like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not Geno, we need Fitz in there too so there's enough diversity.

20. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

would take him over Geno anytime.