Kenbrell Thompkins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

The ball was hit out of his hands. It not like he just drop it.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

He was one of many/most from this team that didn't show up today. Unfortunately his big drop (not his only one today) could have changed the game

dogg likes this.
  3. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Greg Buttle on the radio:

"He made the catch, and then the defensive back who closed his eyes accidentally hit the ball with his shoulder pads."

4. bandwagon

bandwagon Active Member

amazing how close it was to being a miracle.

5. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

He wasn't benched for no reason. He doesn't fit the scheme and style of offense the Jets want to play.

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Why does this guy have his own thread? If you have to rely on your #4 or #5 WR to win games, chances are your team is playing pretty shitty.

7. wisewolf

wisewolf Active Member

he has reliable hands, good route runner, tough player. I'll take him over Enunwa's size/strength everyday of the week. We've been pretty desperate for a #3 receiving option, that option was right on our roster.

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think they wanted Smith to be that guy.

I'm not anti Kerley but I don't think he has a future here based on what the Jets want to run.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Gailey showed the same lack of imagination that a lot of people are rightfully trashing Rex for having with his defense. You make a game plan with what you have and don't leave talent sitting on the bench.

Whenever the Jets were "forced" to play Kerley, the guy produced. Much better than watching the ball bounce off Enunwa or Thompkins.

dogg likes this.
  10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Kerley should have got a shot this season

Jetnut likes this.
  11. Jetnut

Jetnut Member

My one Bowles complaint all season has been why no Kerley? Today he was needed but still doesn't get the call...Instead we have to watch Enunwa and Tompkins dropping passes AGAIN

ajax and RIPJimLeonhard like this.
  12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Enunwa and Thompkins (Enunwa especially) are asked to do more than catch the football. Enunwa is asked to block safeties and linebackers, that's something Kerley can't do.

Kerley is not an outside player. And the Jets moved Decker to the slot, Decker is a far superior player to Kerley. His role took a big hit when that decision was made.

Sure they could have used him more, he's a decent player and a better receiver than Thompkis and Enunwa. But I don't think he would have been as succesful in this scheme as he was in years prior. The Jets like big, tall receivers who all do the same thing. They're pretty much interchangeable. Kerley doesn't fit that and the Jets made a decision early to phase him out. The offense was very good at the end of the day so it's hard to bash them IMO.

13. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I don't agree that Thompkins should be blamed for that play, great hit by the safety to knock it out. I do agree that Thompkins isn't very good, and neither is Enunwa, hopefully Owusu(spelling) can come back strong next year and maybe the Jets can find a somewhat reliable 4th WR..... or you know, actually use Kerley.

14. wisewolf

wisewolf Active Member

Sure, I agree, the coaching staff does not like him and thus his future here is pretty bleak. That being said, I think the CS is wrong on this point, Kerley could have helped us out this season if his role in the passing game was expanded.

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Yeah, i'm sure he would have. He's obviously got better hands than Enunwa or Thompkins. But i'm gonna give the Jets a break on Kerley because the offense as a whole was very good all year. Our offense is usually awful. We took such a gigantic step forward as an offense this year that its hard for me to be overly critical.

16. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

How bout we fire Revis? He ass got burnt all day......

GangGreen1960 likes this.
  17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

But, that's the thing, it really seems like he does.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm still picturing Thompkins making the catch and walking into the end zone. It would have been SO fitting.

Ugh.

19. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

He was on the back of a milk carton, but had 2 inexcusable drops.

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

This is such a bullshit excuse. He runs routes exceptionally well, he catches the ball well. He plays the position better than everyone else on the team who is supposed to catch the ball not named Decker or Marshall. He did something to piss the coaches off in the pre-season and that was it. They held onto him for kick returns and WR depth only.