Jets Choke !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 3, 2016.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

And when the season was on the line it was horrid playcalling and three straight INT.

zace and RexontheBeach like this.
  2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

6-10 feels better than this. Coming close and losing hurts way more than bad seasons. When I think back on the worst losses, it's not from the Kotite years or nondescript seasons. It's heartbreak losses in big games.

74 and RexontheBeach like this.
  3. june19

june19 Active Member

Trade sheldon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

All part of it Mauldin.. Mac has to pull off a roster makeover without taking too many steps backwards. We need to almost entirely revamp our LB corps and perhaps ONLY one more year of Fitz before we transition.

5. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Couldn't believe the usage of Ridley over Ivory. Ridiculous. Players didn't play and coaches didn't coach. I am in so much shock right now. Did not expect to lose this game

rohirrim665 likes this.
  6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The long off-season begins much earlier than I would have liked.

While I think the Jets could have made some noise in the playoffs it is clear that we were a borderline playoff team with a soft schedule. Considering this was year one for our new regime this was not a horrible outcome.

We lost too many winnable games to average teams. The fact that all of these losses were close / winnable does not change the fact that we have a couple big holes that other teams have exploited.

Our front office has to fill more holes and have a good draft if this team is going to make a playoff run with a tougher schedule next year.

Ubiquitous likes this.
  7. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU NOT DOUBLE TEAM WATKINS????

That's concerning me big time with Bowles...not adjusting to the team's best players.

dogg and zace like this.
  8. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Man, I really do feel Bilal Powell was the difference today. The difference between him and Ridley is night and day.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Strangely enough, I'm not pissed... Disappointed yes, but not pissed. After a 4 win season, I'm good with 10 although I don't expect 10 next year. This team is still building so for me, I'm good with the season being over at week 17. We would have gotten our asses kicked in the first round anyway.

cmcm750203, zace and Br4d like this.
  10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The play of the game was the INT at 19-17 in the redzone. It was just a terrible decision.

FJF and Red Menace like this.
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

6-10 just sucks. A few years ago the Cardinals went 11-5 and missed the playoffs. Since then they've been one of the best teams in football. There's no way they make that happen if they went 6-10 the year they just missed the playoffs.

All 6-10 would have meant is that the Jets hadn't been over .500 in 5 seasons. It would have meant they couldn't win many games even against a weak schedule. So 10-6 is the same as 6-10 is just a nonstarter. 10-6 is 10-6, it just wasn't good enough to make the playoffs this year.

12. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

Gut-wrenching loss...Fitz just wrote the epitaph of his career...his Buffalo demons came back to haunt him...but it was not just him the defense was a joke...

Can't really think of what to say...only that given the way the Pats look...Pittsburg might stroll to the SB...and frankly our defense would not hold up if we made the playoffs...

Hopefully the CS/FO build on this 10-6 next season...and Marshall doesn't go back to his malcontent ways...what a pathetic way to end the season...

13. Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder New Member

Please don't cum down my throat even though I'm a cock-swallowing gag artist!! I know I'll get banned from this forum but I haven't been this angry since '98. The Jets could have made some noise this post-season. To lose to the Bills is not acceptable. How many drops today? Seemed like ten or more.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

First off shut up. Dont come at me like thay and expect a nice rebuttal. If you knew anything about me, you would know ive ALWAYS question his adjustments. I questioned why he didnt double Hopkins, why he left Revis on Watkins in that first game on a crucial 3rd, and why this team always comes out so flat. I questioned all the coaching staff all season long and apparently im not the only one. This isn't isnt shit thats made up and i understand success isnt instantaneous, but theres a lot to be concerned about and Bowels needs to make adjustments. This team didnt deserve the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

15. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

X100

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Offense has been a strong point despite the pieces being given. He didn't call a good game but I'm not gonna fail him for the overall body of work. Kacy is solid as well...BA DEF has to go.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I honestly haven't been more upset with this team... We could've competed with any team that's in the playoffs right now. Such a fucking shame and a disgrace that we didn't show up for 30 minutes... Playing a half of football gets you beat.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, I'm thinking this team was two rounds and out at best this year. Too many injuries piled up at the end.

It's disappointing to lose the big game but that's going to be true for 11 of the 12 teams who got in the playoffs also.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Lol u acting tough over the Internet? Don't be a bitch cuz I'm calling u out for your BS. Bowles was HERALDED for his second half adjustments all year so don't be the one saying he struggles to make second half adjustments. Go check out the stats of how many points the Jets give up from 1st to 2nd half then see me.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Im not angry either, just dejected and really let down. That sinking feeling is in because we had our chances and we screwed it.

Not stopping them on 3rd downs and then throwing that INT in redzone. We had the Bills by throat..

WE HAD THEM, Fitz rushed it and should have slowed it down. I hate it