Jets Already Making Calls for QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Nov 1, 2015.

1. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

That's what I said

2. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Uhhh no. And even if I did think that, it doesn't mean I think it's on par with what the 49ers had. Newsflash: it isn't close.

lol

Marshall, Decker, Kerley, yes. Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker shit on our TEs. Frank Gore was a better RB then than anything we have.

How is what San Francisco currently has relevant to this discussion? That team has been gutted from the top down, they are a complete dumpster fire.

And head coach...and they had a better offensive line...and a better running back...and a better defense...

Our coaching staff is unproven, we don't have an offensive line or TEs to the caliber that SF had when Kaepernick and Smith both looked good.

If you think we have more offensive talent than SF did in those years then you're probably a crack baby. Only thing we have is better receivers, barely.

dawinner127 and rammagen like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You're a clown. It's pointless to argue with ignorance.

joe likes this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Just to follow up on the discussion we've been having: the Lions just fired their GM and President and Ian Rapoport reports that Matthew Staffords future in Detroit beyond 2015 is "very much in doubt" and will be addressed by the new front office.

I think this conversation is gonna come back up in March.

LWC611 likes this.
  5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

If he becomes available in the offseason (which Albert Breer, Jason LaConforna, Ian Rapoport and PFT have all speculated in the last 10 minutes) what would you trade for him? A 1st? 2nd?

They're saying that with the tolerable way his contract is set up, he'll have a lot of suitors, so it'll probably take a 1. I think I'm willing to do that. We'll get to that point in 3 months, though. Too far out to make an educated guess.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

7. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

74 likes this.
  8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

realistically, the only guys you can bring in are those with previous experience with gailey's offense, meaning matt flynn, tyler tygpen.
    petty should not be thrown to the wolves this year. already made that mistake with both geno and sanchez.

as for trades, no over-the -hill 37 year olds like favre or brees.
    given the stacked d line, maybe swapping richardson or mo for a younger qb like stafford or glennon makes sense, but mac has to figure out what picks we send and get back in such a deal. he can make cuts offseason to create cap space.

gamble on low cost- higher upside like cutler, similar to what we did with marshall? mac and bowles and gailey would have to evaluate that.
    this season could end up with 8-8 mediocrity, but don't blow future picks just to get a one-and -done playoff spot.

9. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

For those who claimed Ryan Mallett could save our season... as long as we win next week... you guys were right...

:)

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

with what we have to pau him, im not giving up more then a 2nd and 4th

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You have to get a really good handle on Stafford's physical condition before you go get him. He has thrown as many balls as anybody in football over the last 5 seasons and I wouldn't be surprised if he has long-term wear and tear issues that will cause problems moving forward. He's also been sacked 85 times over the last two years.

Caveat emptor.

12. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Don't laugh, but maybe the Jets should take a look at the Fins' Ryan Tannehill. If we can get him on the cheap due to limited demand, he may be worth the risk. To be honest, the guy hasn't gotten a fair shake with that train wreck in Miami.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He is dumpster material

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

There's no crying allowed in football

15. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

To do what? Hold Fitz's jock when he has to go to the bathroom?

VaBchJet, jetlife21 and socaljetfan like this.
  16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I just can't fathom getting rid of Mo Sheldon or Snacks for a QB when we have been having our best year offensively in what seems like forever.
    I think this team is building something special chemistry wise and to tinker with what isn't broken is just setting ourselves up for a 2 fold disaster with people looking to get rid of Mo or Sheldon .
    I say stay the course and sign RF groom Petty and try and find a way to keep this line , along with Snacks in tact.

I'd much rather concentrate on improving the O-line and finding a RB to replace Ivory who I think walks in FA, in the draft and keeping continuity on a team that is obviously getting better as the season progresses.

17. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

I'm laughing. Fitzmagic is here to stay. It's got to be his team now. He brings way too much leadership, chemistry and talent at the position to this team. Tannehill sucks

NYJetsO12 and rohirrim665 like this.
  18. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

This.

I'd go offense heavy in this upcoming draft if possible. Look at O-line, a two way TE, a RB to replace Ivory (I think he's a goner), maybe a WR to eventually replace Marshall if there's someone that projects to be great, etc.

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

This thread is dumpster material

20. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I can't take anyone seriously that bitches out practice squad players for actually doing their job. Or gives himself up on a slide a yard short of the first down on third down with enough room to dive forward and get it without even getting hit.