2014 Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Yep.

He seems to get a pass when he gives the TD balls to the kids in the stands. And thats all good with me too obviously.

But I dont need to see a bicep kiss after every first down.

The problem is nobody puts these guys in their place in like high school.

So what we have is 25 year olds with 15 year old minds playing football.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Any body else reading these Francessa quotes in your head...but hear Francessa's voice?

Thanks guys for a much needing laugh on this Monday

alleycat9 likes this.
  3. irishwhip03

Couglin's press conference. He is lost.

I dont know what his angle is at this point. Does he think he's gonna be kept as head coach next year? Not likely.

Maybe he wants to coach somewhere else when the Giants fire him and doesnt want to burn any bridges? Im sure he could walk into another HC job no matter what he does.

I get sticking up for your players but he's really the only one coming out in favor of Beckham here.

4. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

There was a thing on Boomer&Carton this morning about how many coaches in the NFC East get fired, and honestly I could very well see 3 coaches in that division getting replaced.

5. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Bottom line is they needed him on the field to win the game, make the playoffs, and save his job. So it's all spin control at this point. I highly doubt anybody is hiring a 70 year old head coach.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  6. irishwhip03

A handful of teams would hire Coughlin tomorrow. Its just up to him if he wants to coach somewhere else when the Giants move on from him.

Obviously they need him to win games but thats besides the point. First off the situation should've been handled by the refs and taken out of the hands of Coughlin altogether.

But Tommy isnt doing himself any favors in the postgame comments and the news conference today.

Everyone wants to talk about coaches losing locker rooms , well its clear Coughlin lost his long ago.

7. irishwhip03

It really would shock me if Kelly and/or Garrett were canned this offseason. Garrett moreso than Kelly.

Strange things have happened though.

I think if Jerry knew had the inside track on Sean Payton, Garrett would be sent packing.

8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Garrett is coming back. Romo injury and a solid 2014 season buys him another year. Plus they never quit playing for Garrett despite the injuries. But 2016 will be his last shot.

Chip Kelly is 50/50. I think he's a good coach but both sides are fed up with each other. He's a bit too unorthodox for the NFL as of this moment

Coughlin may end up back in Jacksonville but I can't see him coaching anywhere else. He has property in Florida and Jax may seem his as the veteran coach to get them over the playoff hump.

If not Jax then I doubt he ends up anywhere else. And he can't afford to sit out a year or too either at his age

9. forevercursed

Miami will make a strong run at Payton. But the lure of Dallas will be too much.

Not sure where the Giants go for a coach. Do they try to lure Cowher?

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

dude coughlin is like 100 years old. theres no way another team hires him on as HC. he's done. They'll honor him in 2017 as they honor the 10 year anniversary of that Super Bowl team at the meadowlands but that'll be the next and last time he roams a sideline

LIJetsFan likes this.
  11. irishwhip03

Yeah I can def see Miami going hard after Payton.

I've also heard some speculation that Harbaugh could be out in Baltimore. Which would be a complete mistake.

There was a caller on the FAN earlier that brought up the possibility of Mangini as Giants coach. Thought that was pretty funny.

I imagine they would try hard for Payton , although the Saints have been rumored to rather try and trade him instead of firing him.

Josh McDaniels could be in for another HC shot. Jim Schwartz's name will be out there too.

I'd throw in a long shot candidate and thats Nick Saban. Im sure he would love the Giants job. If he wanted a new challenge.

12. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Okay, but following that logic, I would think the Giants would want to take him out, and let him simmer down, before the refs would toss him for good.

Keeping him in the game while he's out of his mind wasn't helping the team. They needed to take him off the field until he settled down.

At one point, he was still jawing over the line of scrimmage, while the rest of the team was huddled up. He wasn't even paying attention to what was going on with his own team.

13. forevercursed

If Harbaugh was out in Baltimore than that franchise has lost its mind. No way they let him walk.

Saban is too scared of the NFL. He proved that in Miami.

Mangini will never be a head coach in the NFL again (unless it's some interim gig where the real coach gets fired)

14. irishwhip03

Id hope they wouldnt fire him. Because Id hate to see him end up in Miami or with the Giants. He would def turn those teams around.

To me though Saban is an interesting name. He cant really prove much more in Alabama. And yeah his time in Miami didnt go well. But it could be worth a shot for him to try and make people forget about that.

15. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Baltimore Harbaugh will end up as Giants coach. But this ain't the thread for that..

16. forevercursed

Beckham gets 1 game

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

To his credit Francesa actually admitted 'the circus is in blue now' after a caller pointed out how he'd always called the Jets a circus and it was nice to have the shoe on the other foot

Here's his opening rant:

18. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

Props to Mike.....at least he says it like it is, even when it's his team.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

No doubt......roasted the jints all day. Great comedy.

20. Rocko999

Rocko999 New Member

I live in Baltimore and there's NO WAY that John Harbaugh leaves Baltimore or is fired! Ravens had the most players on IR in the league. He gets a pass this year. Will be revisited after next season.