Fitzpatrick, a Bills fan's perspective

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mynmisoli, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Agree.

All I can think of is:

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Cam Newton
    Drew Brees
    Carson Palmer
    Aaron Rodgers
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Andrew Luck
    Andy Dalton

That's it.

And even then, Fitz is playing better than Brees and Manning, at the present moment.

Believe it or not, I would take Fitz right now over Eli Manning, Philip Rivers and Russell Wilson.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Reflects in Madden he is a 84! Having a blast online lol

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'm lovin me some Fitz Magic. However...

You are bat shit insane if you would take him over Russell Wilson.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Yea that already happened the year was 2008 , the guy was Chad Pennington and not only did he win the AFCE he was 2nd in league MVP votes that year

Footballgod214 likes this.
  5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

First off your numbers are wrong, 3800 yards would put him top 4 in passing yards, he is 15th with 3129. Add his rushing yards he still doesn't hit 3400.

Br*dy, Palmer, Rivers, Brees, Dalton, Newton, Rodgers, Wilson, Stafford, Roethlisberger. One could also easily make the argument that Mariotta, Winston, Carr, Alex Smith, Flacco, Bridgewater would all fare just as well in this offense if not better.

Hell, I am ecstatic that Fitz has been able to do as well as he has done but lets be honest.

The highest he ranks in any category is TDs at #9 but that balances out with his 7th highest INTs. 15th in yards, 25th in completion %, 20th in QB rate, 22nd in yards per attempt. The listed rankings do not look like a top 10 QB.

And is this where I say "Go" as if someone really jumps to it like they are getting timed when someone says that?

#205 The Waterboy, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  6. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Uh, are you serious? Have you seen what Wilson has done the last four weeks? He is gonna be the guy when Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Roethlisberger are gone. All he does is win.

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

That's right!!! Him, and Tebow!

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

This year:
    Newton
    Brady
    Roethlisberger
    Palmer
    Rodgers
    Dalton
    Brees
    Wilson
    Fitz
    A. Smith

This is as high as you can possibly make an argument for Fitz, based on this year. Fitz and Smith basically tied. Clearly a huge gap from the guys above. And not much separation from the Matt Ryan's and Jay Cutlers below. Awesome for Fitz, to go from backup level to Alex smith tier is a huge leap but it's also helped by lots of QB injuries this year and veteran guys having shitty seasons.

Newton having MVP year so I gotta give him props, I don't think he's the best QB, more like fringe top five, just having the best season.

Wilson is only that low cuz of the slow start... we're seeing these last weeks what he's capable of when they let his arm loose... showing elite passer skills...

Palmer is only that high cuz he's in a good system that plays to his strengths (similar to Fitz in that way). Really deep ball reliant. (Opposite of Fitz in that way). brilliant scheme there.

Brees could be higher but he's on one of the worst teams. Elite QB Keeping a dead team on life support.

Stafford, Ryan, and Eli are overrated. They're not elite, they're not horrible, although they can at times look very good, they will also look very bad. It averages out to mean that they're decent. Rather have smokin Jay. streaky, but more good than bad this year from him. Bears just are not a good team this yr. Jay's arm plus Fitz mind equals Aaron Rodgers. In an absolute ranking Fitz prob ends up right below these guys. His cap cost is a fraction of theirs tho.

Speaking of Rodgers, he's the best QB, but not having Jordy has made him seem mortal this yr.

Rivers sometimes looks amazing, sometimes terrible. This season's a wash cuz that whole team is decimated by injury.

Nick Foles I believe is a great QB but that st Lious o line and WR Corp would make anyone look like shit.

Luck is injured obviously and on a shit team also, healthy he's obv top ten. think ppl are cooling down from all the elite talk.

Ditto for Flacco. More solid but less upside.

Romo healthy is easily near or in the top 5. Will he play a whole season again tho?

Mariota, Carr, and Bridgewater are the future. All showing great signs this year.

Manziel is not. Can't pass from the pocket.

Bortles is great fantasy QB, horrible real life QB.

Bradford sucks. Inaccurate all year. Skinny girl legs and no personality.

Tannehill sucks. dolphins are mammals not fish.

Cousins is a good guy but very limited. Not a franchise guy. Tyrod is not either, he's just passable as a starter but that's his ceiling. A less athletic but smarter kaepernick. Osweiler looks like he will end up in this group.

Jameis has done better than I thought he would have, albeit my expectations were as low as could be, but he looks really terrible a lot of the time.

Everyone else is a clear backup.

#208 74, Dec 16, 2015
  9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Uh... that's what I said... you read my post wrong.

10. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I'm liking Fitz Magic, bottom line is we're winning games and our offense is way beyond last year. Let Petty sit and soak up I'm almost sure he can atleast be doing what Blake Bortles is doing with some more added weapons on offense, this offense to me isn't sustainable the way it's set up now. Ivory is playing tremendously but we need another RB who can run like him in case of injury. Powell playing extremely well as the catching back but i wanna see him do it against the Pats, I'm sure Bill has noticed him of late. Add another WR, cause if Mashall or Decker go down it would kill our offense. D. Smith might as well be the IR for next year. And another TE cause Amaro has been a bust so far

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I don't think he's a top 10 QB.

But this year he is having a top 10 season. Right around that 7-10 area

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

MS - you've stated numerous times your belief in Nick Foles. I respect your opinion on QBs, so I am curious as to why you think he's good. I gotta say I don't see it myself but admittedly I don't watch much of the guy. Other than the year he caught lightning in a bottle with Chip Kelly's offense, he's looked quite pedestrian to me.

I also gotta say I disagree with you on Jameis Winston and Blake Bortles but thats another discussion.

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yup.

Bortles and Winston look to be legit QBs.

_

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

He was a good college QB then he looked really good when he played on the Eagles where he had legit WR's to work with. That's not because of Chip Kelly's offense. Every other QB that Chip has put in that same offense has looked like total crap. The Eagles were 14-4 with him as the starter, then 9-11 since. It's a shame he broke his collar bone and then got traded. And yea, this year has been really bad but you simply cannot build an NFL offense around gadget players like Tavon Austin and scrubs like Jared cook and expect the passing game to have any success.

#214 74, Dec 16, 2015
  15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Legitimately terrible lol.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

but he had those same receivers in 2012 under Andy Reid when he looked quite average did he not?

To me he has some Geno Smith in him in that he can't read the defenses very well and will backpedal way too much to decide where to throw it. Chip Kelly's offense coached him up to deliver the 1 quick read similar to the offense he ran in college but you can't get by on that for too long and the backpedal after your first read is covered is bad for the team. Which is why Chip Kelly got rid of him I think - he needed a guy who could see the field quicker and step up in the pocket.

Foles doesn't read defenses very well and isn't very good from the pocket... that's like a lot of these young QBs that come out of college in those types of systems..

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Eli is better than Alex Smith this season. People always want to point the finger at Eli for the Giants being crap - I don't get it. He's having a great year with 1 reliable target, no line and 0 running game. Alex Smith's play is surprising this year because Maclin prob yelled at him at some point this season to throw the ball down the field. I still think Eli is the better QB. I don't even like the Giants.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I gotta work now so short reply but I totally disagree. In 2012 he was a rookie that's why he didn't look as good.

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

No doubt I am very happy with the way he has been playing but my expectations were tempered before the season started. With the supporting cast around him he can do very well.

20. geno75

geno75 Active Member

I would not keep Fitz at the money it's going to cost.

We are going to need to guarantee him two years at 10-13 mil.

Learn from the mistake Buffalo made on this guy. He's 33 years old and has yet to get a team to the postseason.

I would try to get Brees or Rivers who will probably be available or let Geno compete with Petty.