2014 Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

That would have been one of the best things I'd ever seen as a Jets fan if that had happened. Wow.

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The only person in front of Miles would be Manning (if he was even in position to make a play), who would've easily been blocked away or flailed wildly

3. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Francesa has always been, and always will be, a Giant/Coughlin apologist and a Jets hater. No matter what logical arguement you throw his way, he'll just yell over you and dump the call.

The Uniform Bomber and alleycat9 like this.
  4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Francessa blew a gasket yesterday...He probably is putting all the blame on the Giants kicker

5. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I don't like Mike - at all - but I'm listening to him today, and that's not what he's saying.

He's saying that he thinks Tom's time is past, that the Giants' D is bad, and he's actually giving the Jets credit for doing what they had to do.

I hate it when I agree with him.

hornblower likes this.
  6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Surprised he hasn't been tweaking them left and right (I haven't been able to listen today)

7. max

max Active Member

He wanted coughlin fired at the end of last year . . .
    He's also questioned coughlin's play calling most of the year.

He's not being critical of going for it on 4th and 2 and I think thats fair.

When giants went for it on 4th and 2 I think it was the right call. They score a TD there and that's the nail in the coffin for us. They kick the FG and it's still only a 2 score game and coughlin has zero confidence in his piece of shit defense.

Francesa is a piece of shit when he doesn't agree with a caller, but I find the dude a lot more tolerable than say mike and mike or a lot of the boring pc garbage that espn puts out there

8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

IF the Jets hadn't been a total dumpster fire for the first fifty minutes I might agree with going for it on 4th down. If you're on the one-yard line go for it on fourth down if you wish (which btw Tom did NOT do earlier in the game). But making a stop from the 2.5 yard line - basically a two-point play - gave the Jets an instant shot of momentum where the FG would have kept them in purgatory.

GQMartin likes this.
  9. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

For the record, I thought coughlin made the right call in going for it on 4th and 2. I'm always a proponent of going for it when you have a chance to change the number of scores you are ahead or behind. So, if I'm up two scores and a touchdown will put me up by three scores, I go for it. If I'm up one score and the TD will put me up by two scores, I go for it. Similarly, if I'm down two scores and the TD will make it a one score game, I go for it. Etc.

10. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

But Coughlin's late-game decision cannot really be reconciled with his earlier decision to kick a FG on 4th and goal from the 1. His odds of converting 4th down were greater when he needed only 1 yard, and going up 14-3 that early would have altered the entire complexion of the game (in the favor of the Giants). He let us off the hook there by being overly conservative, then kept us in the game when he got overly aggressive (and failed). It just seemed to me he did not have a feel for the game with either decision. I would have done the opposite in both instances. You also have to consider how damaging an 11 minute drive that leads to no points, can be psychologically. You put in 11 minutes of work on offense, and you should get rewarded on the scoreboard. The FG increases your win probability too (even if not by much), it's not like it doesn't help in that regard

The Uniform Bomber likes this.
  11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

If I'm the coach of the giants I kick the fg.

12. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Show pretty much was about the Giants blowing it and nothing about the Jets. Typical.

13. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Jets got some left-handed compliments. I loved how he said the Jets would've scored two TDs if they needed it. You know he needed to say that to justify his Coughlin support, even though probably true.

14. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Francessa on fanduel.... classic.

DRC™ likes this.
  15. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Anyone listening to him argue with the guy trying to argue that daily fantasy is a game of skills? Fat boy sound like his head is about to blow up lmao

I was almost crying when the guy told him to "take a pill" haha

Chadchrebet likes this.
  16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

just had the misfortune of Fatty ranting while being wrong yet again.

was a good debate until Fatty blew his lid by not understanding what a guaranteed prize pool is.
    it's a predetermined amount and he was completely wrong on his argument, yet wouldn't give an inch and just got louder when challenged.

no idea how he's still on the air.

17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Here's what I don't get. He based his support for Coughlin's call on the premise that (supposedly) Coughlin didn't have faith in the Giants defense, which Francesa described as awful, to stop the Jets from scoring two TD's in the last nine minutes. despite the fact that the same defense held the Jets to ten points in the first 50 minutes. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You know Francesa is treading on thin ice when he is screaming into the mic and no one's even on the phone.

18. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Yea I don't understand going for it there. I understand the concept of basically ending the game if they convert, however, by not converting and leaving the lead at 10 he opened the door to let the giants do what they've done all season. If they go up by 13 it gives them more leeway on their last possession to maybe throw more bc the Jets are forced to go for the 2nd TD not just get in FG range.

19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Yes, but even if the Giants went for the FG, Francesa argued that even 13 points wasn't enough to secure the game for the Giants. His weird rationale was that because the Jets needed a FG and TD to tie, they had the luxury of not scoring a TD on the first drive. However, if they had to score 2 TD's, that meant the Jets would have had to run a different (and somehow more explosive) offensive set of plays and still scored 2 TD's to win. Not a lot of logic there.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he also completely disregards the fact that his team who he has been talking about every time i get in my work truck rather than the team that won the game, would have gotten the ball back and maybe just maybe could have gotten in range for another field goal..... therefore making the jets score another td.

then they were so worried about their defense that they didnt run their offense when they got it back.

some dude called him on it and he went on this does coughlin call the plays rant. it was some pretty classic mongo stuff.