Week 11 - Jets @ Texans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Nov 13, 2015.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

It's not just the offense, the defense hasn't played well either. On O to me it is more on Chan than the players. This week Chan needs to mimic Beyonce "to the left, to the left". I'm tired of passes batted down to Fitz's right, tired of Ivory running into a wall on the right side. Chan needs to recognize this and adapt. I haven't seen him do it yet.

It would be nice to put the "BUMP" into bump and run cover. How many times are they going to play 10 yds off and let receivers catch 8 yd patterns? With this DL all they need to do is disrupt the timing of the receivers and all those completions go away.

2. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

totally agree, i wasn't at all giving the D a pass bc they have been very under-whelming. The sack production has picked up the last 2 weeks, but they should be running more jam coverage to throw off timing.

They should pretty much double cover DeAndre Hopkins with Revis and Gilchrist bc, really, who else even remotely scares you on that O?

And how about one of those fake RB screen to a TE screen? NOBODY would see that coming since we don't even value a TE as a position anymore. SOMETHING creative

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yates officially WILL START vs. Jets. Hoyer will be Inactive, Weeden will back-up TJ Yates.

4. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Worst starter-backup duo in decades.

The Dark Knight and dawinner127 like this.
  5. tpaleologo

tpaleologo Member

Said the fan of the team with turnover ready 2nd, now 1st string QB.

6. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I want Sunday and I want the win. The Bills defeat has hung over me for too long.

Just get the fucking win.

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  7. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Anyone have updates on Mangold and Richardson for Sunday?

8. The Dark Knight

Bold Prediction: Revis has his biggest game as a Jet in years. At least 2 INT.

9. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Would be a huge mistake if they let Yates throw the ball more than once. :D

@Jets-N-Terps
    Sheldon didn't practice today, he's questionable, game time decision. Bowles said he wants to see him warm up and then make a decision but I'm sure he'll play. Mangold is probable, he'll definitely play.

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  10. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, we got TJ Yates/Brandon Weeden vs Ryan Fitzpatrick/ Geno Smith...........wow.

11. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I doubt it. No way Yates keeps testing Revis on Hopkins who's got a bum knee.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The way I look at it is pretty straight forward. The time for this team to jell is now, there is no tomorrow if they want a seat at the playoffs.
    From here on out Forget the so called " easy wins against weaker teams". Each opponent on our schedule is fighting for either a playoff spot or respectability by dethroning a potential playoff contender. Both are incredible motivators, and equally dangerous.
    We better come out of the gate on both sides of the ball ready to ramble. Poor execution, particularly at this junction will take us out of contention. This team is not good enough to overcome adversity.
    We need to make each play count, and improve execution. If we want it bad enough, we must figure out a way to minimize our errors and maximize our opportunities. Conservative thinking will not work.
    The road ahead is far more challenging than the road we left behind.

13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Lol I can't argue buddy-

I've seen many many many many of these "easy wins" against "bad teams" go the wrong way

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Supposedly Pryor is really optimistic about playing this weekend. I hope with him returning our D becomes more opportunistic.

donkey and Brook! like this.
  15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

12 days rest vs 5 days rest. We got a good win vs an average team off the actual bye, hopefully the mini bye is more of the same. They're at MetLife for the next month after this game so the rest aspect is setting up nicely.

Brook!, Royal Tee and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. The Dark Knight

Great post. Big game Sunday!

17. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

This game is a must win. More so than any game so far. I think if we lose this one, you can kiss the playoffs goodbye....

18. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

everybody killing Chan still for the 4th down conversions but it's been said that Fitz audibled on his own on those plays. Chan has been doing a solid job this year. Were ranked 11th in total O and weve been top 10 all year until recently.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This is what I read on Texans board

Every team with a winning record is currently holding a playoff spot with the exception of the 5-4 Jets.

So I really agree with you, we lose this one, our play off chances will plummet.