The Happy Thread.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetLifeLo, Nov 13, 2015.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

That's not true, I loathe Geno and am glad to see Rex gone, especially after watching most of Buffalos games this year very closely. That's what makes me even more pissed about this loss, watching him this year really lets me see how much of a garbage head coach he is, and we handed him one.

greenbeanz, TNJet, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  2. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Great Post, and thank you for your optimism!!! :)

...having said that, I think bitching and moaning after a tough loss is a natural, healthy part of being a fan. Being a fan is by its very nature emotional, and we all need a release now and then. What I don't like is people who are negative before the game has even begun, or negativity before a fresh new season is about to begin. We should also try to remain positive throughout the game until it's really over, until late in the 4th quarter. We should always remain hopeful for the big comeback. But having said all that, I will admit that I fall victim to negativity and pessimism at inappropriate times as well. I say these things as much for myself as for other fans.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  3. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I'll admit to some discomfort losing to Buffalo. Proving that our Jets are not immortal.

I hope we can heal and reconstruct the team before we play the Texans.

not ready to say S.O.J.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Bills play NE next Monday night.. without Edelman (broken foot..damn this year is too perfect for us).. if Brady can Brady them they'll be 5-5 then they play the chiefs which can go either way.

Steelers play the ever so desperate for a W right now Seahawks with a banged up big ben after their bye week.. probably be 6-5

I honestly think we're gonna beat the brakes off Houston.. Fitz and Mac going back to Texas to show out...& from there we put Hopkins on an island and watch them suffer to do anything else.

Then following week we have the Dolphins in Metlife.. if we can pull that game off as we should we'll be at 7-4 with a chance yet AGAIN to sit comfy a game up on everyone for the first WC spot.

Just a thought.. the AFC WC teams will most likely play the Jaguars & Broncos.. Bortles and Brock Osweiler? haha! We just gotta make it man then sky is the limit... possibly.

5. JetLifeLo

THIS!!! and i feel Mo and Sheldon will be around as the verteran vocal leaders of the unit.. our future is bright once the old expensive farts are gone. Then we can focus on getting Bryce Petty some weapons and protection..

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

The biggest negative is this team has shown it can lose to any good,bad, and average team on any given game day. Something always happens and rears it's ugly head. From player execution, management. and just bad luck. The key point is the coaching has to do a BETTER job. Too many things have been over looked by management from the TE to special teams. If they don't correct these faults they will lose the fan base. LGJ and JMO..

JetLifeLo likes this.
  7. DeezNuts

DeezNuts Banned

FIRE JOHN IDZIK.

TwoHeadedMonster and FlaJet like this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Is it even confirmed that Fitz will be playing on Sunday? He had surgery on Friday.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't think it is confirmed and since its monday morning its probably too early to be confirmed anyway but there was a report last week that Fitzpatrick was against surgery completely until the doctors told him he wouldn't miss any games.

He was 100% against missing any games and was prepared to play out the season without surgery until they told him they could make it work if he had the surgery immediately after the Buffalo game.

Obviously things can happen with surgery and Bowles can pick whoever he wants but having read that I'd say Fitzpatrick will most probably be playing Sunday

LIJetsFan and abyzmul like this.
  10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I like the new direction the offense is going ie... no more wildcat. That makes me smile.

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 39m39 minutes ago
    Bowles on Fitzpatrick: "If he doesn't practice all week, he won't play".

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Interesting.

13. JetLifeLo

"Feels like the start of a crescendo going on around here.. I've been on a lot of losing teams as we all know.. the interesting thing is when you see we have lost 3 of our last 4 some would call our next game a make or break and you begin to notice players with their heads down, coaches are nasty and putting more pressure on the players and everyone starts to lack confidence.. but that's not happening here. All heads are up, coaches are smiling and having fun and it's the same team as we were at 4-1. It's all about getting over the hump with us"

[​IMG]

- Brandon Marshall (11/18/15)

Love the attitude still that Coach Bowles has brought here. "Wins don't make us, losses don't break us" is his message to the team. This is why i'm confident we'll still finish with a 10-6 record. Our team doesn't get too high *insert your Sheldon joke here* or too low. I know Bowles has made some mental errors on the sidelines but he's been 100% outstanding as far as giving this team an identity and business approach. This doesn't feel like your same old circus Jets. Guys like Cro and Marshall that usually are good for saying something they shouldn't at least once a month have been professional. They had things said early in the year that coach found unacceptable and only had to talk to them once about it. Rex would've embraced it. They are about that action now, not talk! & When the action isn't there players are quiet and grinding for the next week. Love this new feel to this team. Hope TB is our guy for many years to come! He'll clean his situational coaching game up that comes with experience.

LIJetsFan, jxc and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I can't figure why this guy is a regular on "Inside The NFL" opining on other teams while dropping passes for the Jets. Makes no sense to me.

15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Here's a positive. TJ Yates will most likely be starting for the Texans and he will likely be in for a world of hurt. It SHOULD be victory, although as we all know, whenever the match ups favor the Jets heavily, they seem to be more likely to choke it all away. If Geno plays all bets are off. All we have to do is stop turning the ball over. Do that and we win every game. The turnovers have been killing us since 2009. It needs to stop.

Brandon Marshall: If you have one more pass bounce off your hands for a pick, I'm done with you. Get your head in the game.

16. JetLifeLo

lol. i feel you. but inside the NFL may be the real reason he is here.. so i thank them for what it's worth.

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Because he needed to play with Geno.

_

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It certainly seems like at critical junctures, Marshall just doesn't make "the play". During the game, he'll make his catches and get his YACS. But when we need the critical catch, He tends to loose focus. Him and Decker both have dropped passes at the worse possible time for this team. They may be our playmakers, but for whatever reason just doesn't make the Big Play on a consistent basis.

#58 Cman68, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I should walk back my earlier dig on him and say that he has been more positive than negative for the Jets. He draws a lot of attention from defenses, so that has to help other receivers. I thought he would be more of a deep threat, a la T.O. or R. Moss, but so far he hasn't shown that ability. Still, I don't see how a football discussion show can have an active player on the panel. He can't be objective discussing the Jets.

20. JetLifeLo

fitz may play a part of marshalls lack of deep plays