Week 11 - Jets @ Texans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Nov 13, 2015.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

So.... let me guess.. whats next? every TD pass that Geno threw the defense let him do it because they are all friends at the end of the day and want to see each other happy? lmaoo

2. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Yeah were gonna lose this one too

3. JetLifeLo

Genobot- (noun); A jets fan that is allegedly in the wrong for wanting the QB of their team to improve and live up to his potential like every other young QB that was picked high in the draft.

The 1985er likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but Cman is right. You guys watched the game. You can't tell me Miami was actually trying that day. They were hoping to get out of there for their Tee Times

he threw 3 TDs that day. all three to WIDE, I mean WIDE open receivers. short pass to Ivory (no one around him) deep loft pass to Decker (no one in the same area code as him) and post corner to Cumberland (nobody around him)

#124 BrowningNagle, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Well their offense looked like it was trying to win, their offense led by Tannehill didn't look like they were quitting so I don't know. I mean if I'm a DB why would I want players catching passes over me? The idea that they quit is simply to discredit Geno's performance.

6. BrowningNagle

I think its entirely possible that guys on that defense were frustrated about the season and thus didn't really care about that sunday's game. What the guys on the offense do doesn't really mean anything to them.

and honestly it doesn't even have to be the whole team to quit. 1 or 2 guys would be all it takes. Eric Decker lit up that defense to the tune of 10 catches for 221 and that long TD. Obviously he was the biggest support to Geno Smith's perfect rating day. - the guy covering Decker that day who got burned horribly all afternoon? Cortland Finnegan in his very last NFL game. To answer your question about being a DB and why would he want to let passes completed on him? Finnegan might've just mailed in his career and didn't give a fuck anymore.

I'll give Geno Smith credit for putting passes in the vicinity of those wide open receivers (Decker TORCHED Finngan twice) but I'm not going to act like that QB rating from that day means anything- he was playing pitch and catch.

7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

hahahaha that is the girliest celebration i've seen. Someone needs to punch Stanton in the balls for that. If he even has any, that is

9. The 1985er

You said the Dolphins quit, which entails the entire team not just the defense but offense and special teams too. So now you're moving the goal post by saying only the defense quit, that's absurd, the Dolphins played to win and just got outplayed and out coached.

Oh and it was actually Brent Grimes that was covering Decker for most of that game, Finnegan got benched early in that game.

10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

A lot of people are complaining about that but I honestly love it. Look at how disengaged some backup QBs are (cough Michael Vick) then look at this guy who hasn't played in a game this year going nuts for a touchdown. Speaks volumes to Bruce Arians as a coach and Drew Stanton as a competitor.

11. BrowningNagle

my god dude. I'm not moving any gold posts jeez. obviously when people say the dolphins quit they don't mean every single employee. jeez.

and you are flat out wrong about Grimes on Decker. The 40 yard pass to wide open Decker in the first half and the 74 yard pass to extremely wide open Decker for a TD in the second half were both on Finnegan.

maybe he got benched after that, who knows, he should've.. but that's like half of the passing yards Geno Smith had one those 2 plays

here's your highlights. every completion, outside of the Owusu pass at the beginning, receivers are WIDE open
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/0ap3000000450449/Week-17-Jets-vs-Dolphins-highlights

12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

My favorite part about that Dolphins game was that at the beginning of the broadcast the announcers said Cortland Finnegan told them he "definitely" intended to play another season. Then the next day he announced his retirement. Eric Decker forced that man into retirement.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. The 1985er

You're not making any sense, you cannot prove they quit, you're only saying they quit because it gives you justification as to why Smith played well. But fuck this debate.

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

lmao, so we only won because Miami didn't try?
    you guys are just sad in your attempts to discredit anything positive the Jets have done (so long as it doesn't fit your narrative of course).

i've never seen a fanbase with so many narratives against their own team, players and coaches.

......and no, i'm not a fan of Geno at all.
    but i'm also not going to try to discredit a good game played, by saying the 'other team just didn't try'.
    that's childish

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Can't the mods do something about Smith Fans and their incessant thread derailings? This is supposed to be a thread about the next game, and we have these verminous Smith Fans scurrying about talking about their hero. And that's all they want to talk about.

I am generally not a fan of banning, but perhaps instead they can have a thread set up for them where they can post all day about how Smith is a future hall of famer if only the people running the team knew it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Anyway, about what this thread is SUPPOSED to be about...

That guy Mercilus sure seemed to have a good game. Is he going to be up against Ferguson? Ferguson has been having an up and down season, imo.

The Jets OL will be key in this game.

17. JetLifeLo

[​IMG]

WIIIIDEEEE

DRCâ„¢ likes this.
  18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

19. JetLifeLo

LMAO no NFL players DON'T TRY! That is complete BS. Their job is on the line each and every day unless your a future HOF lock. and even then you can be benched.. (see peyton sunday)

Week 17 if the game is meaningless will have players out there trying to impress coaches and hold on to their roster spot. So if they weren't trying people shouldve been cut right after the game.

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i don't think Breno can hold off Watt for 2 seconds.
    would be wise to get Davis helping over there, or leaving in a back.

the Houston O is shite, so we have to protect the ball.