The Happy Thread.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetLifeLo, Nov 13, 2015.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

its ok not to be positive today. We just saw our first SOJ loss of the year.

But there's a difference in not feeling positive to what many are doing which is acting ridiciously.

2. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

That fumble seemingly woke him up, albeit too late. I'd like to see more screen passes or an incorporation of that wheel route the Eagles used to beat us. Ivory is a beast after first contact but most of the damn time he's having to battle 6+ guys in the box. What happens if we move that point of contact beyond the line of scrimmage??? Rather than trucking 1-2 guys to make a 1-2 yrd run a 4-6 yrd run. He'd be able to take a 4-5 yd dump off and turn it into 10.

NCJetsfan and EcKo151 like this.
  3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The only thing this thread did was piss off Rex and Geno fans. They enjoy being miserable? give them what they want.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Exactly. Way too many crybabies on this site.

The loss sucked, but the bottom line is we're 5-4 with 10 days off before Houston, who has to play us on a short week.
    Meanwhile, the Bills will be playing in Foxboro on Monday night. As long as we take care of business vs the Texans, we'll likely be a game ahead of the Bills again, and tied with the Raiders and Steelers at 6-4.

The last 6 weeks Pittsburgh has to play @Seattle, @Cincy, @Balt and vs Denver.
    People really need to put away the tissues and realize we're still in good shape.

LIJetsFan, jxc and NYJalltheway like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Getting Ivory out in space is probably a good idea at this point.

This point being the O line sux.

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Fuck Tom Brady.

_

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Nothing feels better than moral victories!

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Stop being a piece of whinny shit. Only 'winning' matters? Weren't you among the first who bashed the Jet for 'winning' against the Jags? Because it wasn't a 'dominant' win?

So of course there can be more to talk about than JUST the W/L column. Jets have some very good young players who played very well. Something to be hopeful and 'happy' for.

Give your dark ass shit a rest.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  10. JetsVilma28

I have no idea what you are talking about...?

11. Footballgod214

Someone tried talking about a silver lining after a tough loss and you wanted no part of it. Fine, then don't open the thread. But to come in and say it's BS talking about any positives b/c we didn't win isn't being fair.

12. JetsVilma28

I didn't mean it that way. Probably just a rant after the loss. I don't remember any of the old posts you are talking about? I love the Jets, we are still rebuilding

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Way to go man, way to keep it real, it's only a football game, I do get upset when they lose, but there is no way fans should be so despondent after losses.

6-4 next week

LIJetsFan and Footballgod214 like this.
  14. Footballgod214

My bad then......I guess yours was the first in the thread that turned ugly (justifiably though after a tough loss) when dude was trying to cheer the place up just a bit.

Trust me, I'm looking for ANYTHING positive as well to hang my hat on. Jets making it tough.

My apologies

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  15. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

About losing....
    [​IMG]

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Turn overs killed us. Plain and simple. They were a lot of positives as the OP mentioned that will go largely unnoticed by most because we lost the game.
    Rex did not out coach anyone. We fucked it up with fumbles, inability to hold on to the ball, dropped passes at crucial times, incorrect routes, and muffed KO returns.
    The big "what if call at the end" is not even worth discussing. We did not execute when we needed to. If anyone needs to look into the rear view mirrow is Gailey with his play calling and personnel selection, along with Ivory, Marshall, Decker and Smith.
    But to say ( as many have implied across many threads) that we where out coached by Rex is simply laughable. He only took the stupid shit we gave him. He did nothing to out play us. We gifted 10 points in the first half alone.
    I'll take a rookie Bowles over a so called experienced Rex any day of the week.
    Even during our ugliest moments we are always in the game and a mistake or two from winning a close one. A far cry from the circus days.

Now, having vented my heart out, I'll say this. It's time to make a few changes, Davis, Pace and even Coples are non existing. Go forth with Lorenzo, Riley and Miles.

#36 LAJet, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  17. Footballgod214

That's the main 'positive'.

We actually HAVE young talent to turn to, unlike other years.

Williams, Milliner, McDougle at DB, Leonard on the D-Line, Miles and Pryor at Saftey, and now Lorenzo and Riley at LB.

Our starters aren't getting it done, and it's nice having talented younger guys that Bowles is working into the mix.

2013/2014 we were getting killed with NO BODY in the pipe line. THAT was depressing.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That is a damned good perspective on things. The pipeline is beginning to get filled with young talent. That is a huge plus. We must continue the trend with OL, WR, TE and yes even RB. And above all QB. Good point.

LIJetsFan and Footballgod214 like this.
  19. Footballgod214

Exactly. We all like to say 'Next man up' when a starter like Cro or Pryor go down. Having young talent to turn to gives 'the next man up' mantra some teeth.

20. jxc

jxc Active Member

It was a tough loss but the second half was fun to watch when the momentum shifted.

The good news is the gap with the Buffalo Bills is closing - 23pt loss, 20pt loss, 35pt loss and now losing by only 5pts. :)

#40 jxc, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015