Week 10: Jets vs Bills TNF Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DoubleDecker87, Nov 8, 2015.

1. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

You keep lumping fans together. I have had plenty of conversations on here talking about the game, only to have a few give me the "Go fuck off you scummy Bills fan!!!!" responses from a select few. I know that isn't the mentality of most Jets fans. Are there annoying Bills fans? Absolutely. Is it symptomatic only to Bills fans. Not even close. If you want to talk football so much, why do you discuss the fans?

Brook! and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. NYCBillsFan

As far as the matchup, The key to this game is a healthy Tyrod Taylor. I see this game sizing up to be somewhat more offensive than most would think, given these two D's are quite highly regarded. I see a 38-31 type game. It literally could go either way. Both teams are somewhat similar in their makeup.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah i'm sure that happens to you a lot. Loads of idiot bills fans automatically give you a bad rap. sorry its a reality.

anyway its cool I was just busting balls with my first post and the one you quoted wasn't even directed towards you. don't be so sensitive. I look forward to Thursday night hopefully the Jets don't play like a cartoon clown team in those cartoon clown uniforms

Brook! likes this.
  4. Bowles_Rips

Bowles_Rips New Member

my wife barely knows anything... sometimes shes tolerant to it and will start asking questions and others its "can we change the damn channel"
    but whats funny though is sometimes ill be watching, shell be locked in to her phone and then out of know shell provide the most basic but accurate analysis like "the jets guys are giving the go to throw the ball so long to throw it hes just standing there"
    or usually when we watch knicks is "the other team is moving around so much, melo and the knicks look so slow"

5. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

We can also play this game. No starting center, guard, strong safety, #2 running back plus QB with a torn thumb ligament, Skrine injured, Marshall injured, Decker injured. Every team plays through injuries.

6. NYCBillsFan

No offense taken at all. Not sensitive about it either. It's only the interwebs. I'm loving this matchup. It's a huge gut check game for both teams. I think moreso for the Bills, being their playoff drought, high expectations for this season. The Jets have played quite well to receive their hype. I think the best thing to happen to the Jets so far this season was Geno getting his jaw smacked. I always liked Fitz when he was with the Bills. If you look up his past, he has always been on teams with pretty bad run Defenses. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he got you guys and gals a playoff spot this year.

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that Revis will be shadowing Sammy Watkins. Kid had a monster game yesterday.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Its actually a good matchup for our defense for the most part. A tight running-based offense with one significant receiving option. Well this defense is built to shut down the run and Revis is here to shut down 1 significant receiving options. Where they get beat is when teams have numerous good receiving options and spread them out all over the field.

the only thing to think about would be their TE Clay and if Taylor starts to take off running

offensively its not a good matchup though for the Jets- this offense needs to run the ball and buffalo does a good job stopping it. Gilmore will be on Marshall. The advantage will come from Decker.

a previous poster said he thinks it will be surprisingly high scoring. I think the opposite. I think it will be an ugly 17-14 type game, with Decker and Clay making the plays and whoever makes the dumb turnover will lose

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Im worried about not being able to contain Tyrod and having him run for a bunch of 3rd down conversions

Turbocharged23 likes this.
  10. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Gailey called the plays in Buffalo........we've seen that combo for 45 games struggle against aggressive defenses that force Fitzpatrick to make accurate throws to covered receivers. I like Rex against Gailey.........he seemed to know how to stop that offense when he was coaching for the Jets.

Rex was 5-1 against Gailey and 4/5 games weren't even close

W 38-14
    W 38-7
    W 27-11
    W 28-24
    W 48-28
    L 9-28

I'm hoping Rex still has the mojo going against Gailey's offense

11. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

To me this game is impossible to call and likely won't get much action gambling, both teams have ran the gambit from looking dominant, mediocre, and terrible all the same time, sometimes in the same game. I won't even pretend to guess the score or who is winning this one.

#111 dr.velociraptor, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Lon Chaney likes this.
  12. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's hard to get a feel given that both teams have had such varying performances. Right now, the Bills are playing better based on this past week's games but that may not carry over. I would say we are likely to split with the Bills, just not sure the order. If we lose this game though, I could see things snowballing in the second half of this season based upon the cracks that have shown up the past few weeks. We need to play a good game no matter what. It's been a while since we have done that.

13. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

These teams are very similar. Vegas has the Jets as a 3 point favorite and that sounds about right.

14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Even if it was even money I wouldn't make this bet, I can see it being a 13-9 game or a 35-38 game or anything in between depending on which team shows up on both sides.

15. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

Watkins had 93% of Buffalo's receiving yards yesterday.

"When passing to Watkins, Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor went 8-for-8 for 168 yards and a touchdown. When passing to all other Bills, Taylor was 3-for-4 for 13 yards and no touchdowns. The only other Bills who caught a pass were running back LeSean McCoy (two catches for seven yards) and tight end Charles Clay (one catch for six yards). Taylor threw one pass to a wide receiver other than Watkins, a throw to Robert Woods that fell incomplete"

Remove Watkins from the equation.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Go take a look at Rex's record coming off a win.. I think he has something like 2 wins coming off a win the previous week. If you're a jets fan you have to be feeling confident in this game because you know you have th coaching advantage.

1) short week for Rex
    2) coming off a big win, always let down the next week
    3) over emotional for this one. Would not surprise me to see a bunch of penalties. Just like week 2 for them vs Brady

17. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Wasn't Rex 1-5 coming off a bye? He's 1-0 in Buffalo. Rex has never swept the Dolphins as coach of the Jets......guess what????? He just swept the Dolphins as coach of the Bills. We may lose to the Jets Thursday but I doubt it has anything to do with the past.

Taylor, Watkins and McCoy are finally healthy for this first time all season. This game will be very telling about what type of team we are. I'm excited about it.

Jake likes this.
  18. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

Rex confirms he's a retarded child

#Bills HC Rex Ryan confirms IK Enemkpali will be one of the captains on Thursday night

Footballgod214 likes this.
  19. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Cimini said it best

20. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Still the same old lovable rex