Week 10: Jets vs Bills TNF Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DoubleDecker87, Nov 8, 2015.

1. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Great post. Puts it in perspective.

I just watched the Bills game. Miami played them tough but made some bad plays. They moved it on the Bills D. Not getting points right before the half was brutal, and the bad snap/safety was bad too.

It seems they have the reins on Tyrod. He threw the ball 12 times the whole game. But he looked accurate on those throws. The two back looked scary good. That rookie they have looks like the real deal, and Shady looked good. I don't know about the shoulder. We'll see.

Buffalo lived on the big plays. And played with a lead the whole game. If we can slow the run game, force Taylor to throw the ball, and double Watkins, I think the Jets win.

Their vaunted defense did not impress. Now every game is different, but we are home.

This game is huge. 6-3 puts us in the drivers seat for a play off berth, and buries the Bills.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I think 6-3 puts us not only in the driver's seat for the playoffs, but for the 5 seed which is crucial in this AFC which is top heavy with the 3 best teams being head and shoulders above the 4 seed Colts (though Indy beat Denver, who may be overrated). With HOU, NYG, MIA and TEN coming up after this, I'll be ecstatic with 6-3 come Friday. I don't care if we win 12-10 by virtue of us scoring 6 safeties and them scoring 5, just gimme a win.

dawinner127 and ctjetsguy like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

is pryor going to be available thursday? His contribution in the run game sometimes gets overlooked and is something the Jets could really use thursday against a buffalo team that runs the ball like a college team. We could use a relentless safety to fly in and bust up some of those slow developing runs that Buffalo likes to run

4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

He got declared out pretty quickly this week so I'm not optimistic. Might give him the 10 day mini bye to get to 100%.

5. BrowningNagle

thats a shame. silver lining though- if he doesn't play and the Jets lose we can cry about having to play shorthanded like buffalo fans :D. if we win without him.. well shit!

Big Cat likes this.
  6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

what's up with mangold?

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

This game looks to be, if nothing else, a shit ton of fun. Rex is back in the house with his newly acquired Buffalo Bills. He is going to be coming after Fitz in earnest. Tyrod is in the house, he will be scampering around and chucking bombs. Our outfield has a chance at having a ginormous day. Stadium was not filled yesterday.. like it will be on Thursday...should be a mad house for prime time; and AFC east division rival. Defense needs to unhitch the trailer and get after the kid T. Taylor; home field stadium noise should help to create havoc. I am expecting big hits, high tempo, winner takes all slug fest. Getca ya' popcorn!

8. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

EJ Manuel did play poorly, but he didn't give up 35 points to Jacksonville by himself; the Bills did as a team.

9. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/newyork-jet...-town-winning-jets-ready-to-face-former-coach

Short week, only a couple of days for the team to get ready for Rex and the Bills. Some key matchups will be Watkins vs Revis, the D-Line stopping the run, our linebackers containing Tyrod Taylor, Marshall & Decker winning their size advantage matchups, Brick and maybe Kellen Davis taking care of Jerry Hughes, O-Line somehow actually trying to open some holes in the running game against a stout front 7.

Possible lineup changes:
    - Marcus Williams for Cro at Corner
    - Mangold for Wes Johnson at Center
    - Mauldin at DE/LB (more snaps)
    - DD being used in a QB spy type role
    - Pryor hopefully back at safety
    - Colon for Winters?
    - Ridley getting some carries? Please?
    - Will Powell be back as our 3rd down guy? Need him desperately for pass protection vs blitzing Bills.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I expect a repeat of last year if Mangold is still hurting, which he is.

My God is our OL terrible without him calling the protections.

11. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

To be fair, EJ Manuel was probably responsible for 21 of those. The concerning thing if I were a Bills fan, was after they took the lead, Jaguars marched right down the field and won the game. The Bills defense has not been special this year, as it was last year. Bills defense is middle of the pack right now: 15th in yards and 16th in points allowed

I believe if the Jets stop the run, they'll win.

12. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

You mean like they did this past week?

13. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

No starting QB, #2 RB, #1 WR, #2 WR, starting RG, starting RT, starting DT and starting FS.

We have 5/8 back and it showed yesterday

14. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Revis sure did a great job yesterday against Robinson.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is a little harsh. This Jets team is much better than that one was. 43-23 and 38-3 would be awful this season to watch. I agree though, not having Mangold, Pryor and whoever else can't play definitely hurts the team. I don't have a prediction for the game, but it will be tough. We know how much Rex would get up for Patriots games, and I expect him to do that vs. the Jets from now on too. Having said that, Rex is still Rex. The Jets can pull this off.

16. BrowningNagle

Bills fans on the internet after a win against last place Miami

[​IMG]

Bills fans on the internet after a couple losses

[​IMG]

NY Jets68 likes this.
  17. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I mean like his 1-5 record as Jets HC after bye weeks...

18. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

He really did. Thanks for noticing.

19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

A.K.A:

[​IMG]

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...ets-defense-overwhelms-jaguars-hangs-on-late/

– There were a lot of rumors about Darrelle Revis’ (+3.5) potential demise in the past week, but the cornerback yesterday proved again that he still belongs among the elite players at his position. He did contribute some in defending the run as well, but, as usual, his real work came in coverage. Revis followed second-year receiver Allen Robinson the majority of the game and while he did allow 50 yards to him, 33 of those came on a scramble drill where Bortles extended the play and it was just enough for Robinson to create separation. Overall, Revis allowed two receptions on seven targets and defended two passes, one of which resulted in Bortles’ first interception.