Week 9: Jets vs. Jaguars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Nov 1, 2015.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Shot of cortisone won't help the pain? It's non throwing hand.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Fitz said that it wasn't a matter of pain, but rather he could not physically get his left hand to wrap around the ball

tiger8mush and JetsVilma28 like this.
  3. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Throwing out Petty is about the only thing that might make me care about this game after todays shit show

Royal Tee and NYJalltheway like this.
  4. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

Yeah he was holding that thumb like that last solo cup at a frat party. His effect was notable, the Fitzmagic was real, going forward I'm very worried about his absence if we are going to do as little as play spoiler later on this season let alone make a playoff run.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  5. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

you guys are crazy if you don't think we can blow out the jaguars 30-7

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. Big Cat

I hope Geno and Devin are both up. Smit squared ftw.

7. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. tpaleologo

tpaleologo Member

I would rather have Favre for three weeks.

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Bortles airs is out as much as Carr did today. And they'll be coming off the BYE.

I'll be drinking heavy next week if I am gonna be at the game to calm the nerves.

tiger8mush likes this.
  10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

They beat Miami early in the year and beat Buffalo last week but that was Buffalo with EJ Manuel at QB who gave the Jags 14 pts in a 9 second span with a fumble run back for a TD and a Pick 6.

All depends if the Jets D shows up and who they get to play QB.

11. namloc

namloc New Member

I don't know. I would love to put that game down as just "one of those days" but it was a Halloween horrorshow. And the thing is, Geno was far from the worst thing about yesterday. He made some decent plays and threw 2 TDs but of course he made some crazy decisions like taking stupid sacks and getting himself blown into next week on a run.

The D got manhandled all over: no pressure on Carr, and Williams and Cro got torched. In fairness after a stuttering start Revis eventually got a handle on Cooper.

The Oline badly missed Mangold as Ivory got no penetration at all.

Next two home games are must wins now but with the QB situation up in the air, D being figured out and so many injuries I wouldn't be confident.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

12. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Look, let's be real. We are going to blow the Jags out on their field. I would be surprised if they score 7 on us.

The important thing is to not overreact to that game like we're overreacting to this one. West Coast travel games are always hard, and the Raiders are sneaky* good on offense. We'll cover whatever spread we have against Jacksonville, and people shouldn't assume that everything is fixed. The problems shown today still exist.

(*) not that sneaky anymore; now the rest of the league is paying attention to them after what they did to our defense.

13. Big Cat

I don't think I've posted anything positive since before the game yesterday:

Kenbrell Thompkins looked really good. He could develop into a nice little #3 behind Marshall and Decker.

14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this is my feeling too.

15. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

People are freaking crazy if they think we are going to blow the jags out. Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns and Julius Thomas are no scrubs. Yeldon looks like a decent rb and Bortles is far and above improved over last year.

We have zero pass rush. None, zilch, nada. Even when we blitz, there is zero penetration. Allowing any qb the amount of time we gave Carr yesterday and they will eat our hearts alive.

Cro is hurt with a Hip injury. Pryor is still dealing with an ankle injury. Neck injuries are tricky and who knows if mangold will be back. Marshall hurt his ankle and his big toe. Decker is constantly dealing with a knee injury. We lost Fitz. Geno is also hurt. Ivory is rarely 100%, who knows if he will be this week. Will Ridley be ready this week? Too many questions to expect a blowout.

This is not being pessimistic, this is just looking at what is reality. No team can rebound after losing their starting qb and possibly their back up. We are deep in shits creek. If we have to start petty this week we are lucky to win this game.

Vida, LIJetsFan and tiger8mush like this.
  16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I think Mallett is a shitty character person, but I think he's the best option out there. He'd have a new opportunity and if he's smart, he's learned from his asshole ways. Got to make it happen today for any chance of being ready for Sunday.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jaguars are beyond beatable. With Fitz, Geno or Petty. However, the Jets D clearly has to get back on track. It was awful yesterday. I mean truly terrible. Its funny to have Mangold OUT, Fitz OUT the first drive, yet that not be the reason you lose. Well, sad more than funny. Wesley Johnson did pretty well I thought. Shame. Still, a win gets you to (5-3). A loss and you are an average, (4-4) .500 team. Must win.

18. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Agreed, this is a game we should win. Bortles makes bad decisions and gives the other team points with his turnovers. Their D is mediocre. I don't view this matchup much differently than I did the Skins matchup. It should be a 10-14 point win.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You could say the exact same things about the Jets too.

20. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

there's the kiss of death. guaranteed to lose now