Week 8: New York Jets vs Oakland Raiders thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by talisaynon, Oct 25, 2015.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Think most of u folks are being a tad overconfident here. Scary game this is.

BigGreenUgly likes this.
  2. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

On Thursday I always check out the so called "expert" picks on ESPN...my question is who the hell is Seth Wickersham?! I only asked because he consistently and seemingly purposely picks against the Jets...not most of the time or sometimes....every single week ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

I hate this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Whenever we play the Raiders it always seems to be on the West Coast. I still can't get over playing them twice in a row that year when we lost the 2nd game in the playoffs.

5. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

We usually EAT when we play the raiders.... take it how you want.

[​IMG]

6. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

The Jets hold their fate in their own hands. Win and they keep themselves in good position for a WC spot. If Cinn can take care of Pitt, all the better.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

7. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it's scary, but it's a road game and it's always hard to win on the road. This is a mediocre Oakland team so we should beat them
    straight up, but the venue and noise make a win difficult.
    Ron

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Who is stopping Marshall ? If you can answer that then i know you have no anwer as to who is stopping Decker. If they give extra help for either of the 2 on the outside or inside i'd assume they won't be stacking the box... esp. since we run a spread.

So in that case... who is stopping Ivory? I know they have the 3rd best run defense but Ivory has his way with that group usually.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

How good can they be?

They are not NE

So I say no Bung Hole at the Black Hole

10. GGusta

GGusta Member

It's just a game, though, right? :):eek:

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Here is my take on this game.
    The outcome against Oakland will tells us more about the fiber and resilience of this team that any other game so far in 2015.

In years past, after a highly competitive and emotial game like NE, we would come out flat, unprepared, almost like we underestimated our opponent and we got beat. This is particularly true if it required a West Coast travel, be it against a strong contender or not.

I truly expect this team to be different. To be much better prepared emotionally, mentally, and game planning wise. Oakland will be a lot tougher that what many think and it can not be taken lightly. It is a great test of our team make up.

Point in fact, we need to play the rest of the season with a major chip on our shoulder, and execute smartly and aggressively. A win Sunday will tell us plenty about our ability to learn from our mistakes and improve.

We should have the loss to NE Tattooed on our foreheads as a constant reminder of what one or two errors can do to a good, not great team yet, when you play against the best.

In Todd I trust.

SonofDinger and macbk like this.
  12. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

All my Jets fans and also I are all treating this game as a must win game. If the Jets are for real, they can not lose to Oakland after a very tough loss to New England. If they lose, they are not a playoff team.

That's my opinion and I hope the coaches can get to the players how big of a game this is. Can't lose.

13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

It's really not a must win. Even if they lose they're still in a wild card spot with a horrible schedule coming up. The conference sucks. It's maybe only a "must win" from the perspective that you need to beat middling teams. But they can easily lose this game and still make the playoffs, maybe even as a 5 seed.

14. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Fuck that, they need to win. "We can easily lose and still make the playoffs" is Rex's mentality, not Bowles'.

SonofDinger and macbk like this.
  15. DeezNuts

DeezNuts Banned

Bowles' mentality is to treat every game with the same level of motivation and preparation. No game or team is more important than the other. If you do that, the results take care of themselves.

BigGreenUgly likes this.
  16. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

That's interesting. In Fitz's case, I feel the 86.1 passer rating is a better indicator of how he's played this year.

17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Then every game is a must win. Which devalues the term "must win". A "must win game" is week 16 vs the Patriots with a playoff spot on the line. Not week 8 in Oakland.

18. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

I didn't say it's a must win (Oakland), I'm just saying that they can't have a "we can easily lose this game and still make the playoffs" mentality.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

you responded to a post that said "it's not a must win" which was a response to someone saying it was a must win.

20. IdahoJet

IdahoJet Member

Mangold doubtful, Pryor, Smith out.