Week 8: New York Jets vs Oakland Raiders thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by talisaynon, Oct 25, 2015.

1. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Really be interesting to see how Bowles reacts to this game. The good coaches always rebound. Should be interesting.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

This is what I'm thinking. If we lose, this game could haunt us when tie breakers come into play for the wild card. We beat Oakland? 2 game lead on them with the tie breaker = forrrrrrgetaboutit

Brook!, Jay Bizniss and NYJETS4life24 like this.
  3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

If we can win this game we'll be 6-2 (lol Jax) with a home Thursday game vs the Bills and 10 days to prepare for @ Houston.

In other words, a win puts us in a really, really nice spot.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Bowles is the real deal and he'll show it sunday. Good teams rebound from tough losses. If we play at the level we played yesterday not too many team outside of New England will be able to hang as they did. Our defense is scary good. Brady is a hall of fame QB and he showed why in that 4th quarter. Can't kill yourself over it.. just go out and win the next game.

-On to the Oakland Ivory JR's. Ivory has straight up dogged these guys badly the last 2 meetings.. probably his 2nd and 3rd best games of his career behind the miami and browns game this year. If he's healthy he'll have his way. Just run away from that stud Khalil Mack...he's too good.

- Oakland's o-line is decent.. but honestly with our D-line idc who the opponents o-line is, we will have our way (at least until we play dallas). Shut down Murray and rattle young carr..force some mistakes.. Carr is the future though i love that kid.

- Amari Cooper on Revis... i don't think it'll happen but i won't be surprised if the kid puts the league on FOR REAL notice by working Revis for a few big plays. His stock is on the rise but this is his chance for it to sky rocket and I don't doubt his capability of doing so... but most likely... he'll still be on that island.

- I dont really see oakland having too many if any match ups over us. Just gotta stick to the script and we'll be fine. No Turnovers please.

31-13 Jets.

#84 JetLifeLo, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Jay Bizniss and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Our 30th trip to Oakland in the last 30 years....a classic trap game for us

Brook! likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

All I can say is THERE IS NO SHADY BRADY AT QB NOV 1st

We nearly be the best....so we take care of the rest

Jets 30-20 at the Black Hole

JetLifeLo likes this.
  7. JetLifeLo

we only lost this game once to my RECENT memory. McFadden fucked us up pretty bad.

8. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Really hope you are right. Hopefully Bowles matures the team, and our fanbase. A win against Oakland would do a lot to settle nerves.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We lost twice in recent memory

2008 losing to Jamarcus Russel w/ us having Brett Favre smh - one of the more crappier loses.
    2011 with Jason Campbell and McFadden killing us

10. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

We are 4-2 in trap games this year. I think we will end the season with a record of 12-4 in trap games.

Dom, Aero, NY Jets68 and 5 others like this.
  11. Big Cat

If that's the case then I'm very worried about potential trap games in the playoffs. The first round is a classic trap game looking forward to the Patriots. The Patriots themselves are always a trap game. Meanwhile the AFC Championship game could catch us looking forward to the super bowl, and the super bowl would catch us looking forward to the Lombardi trophy and the offseason. It'll be interesting to see how Todd Bowles manages all these traps. Lord knows Rex couldn't handle it.

NY Jets68 and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  12. JetLifeLo

I think WE are the trap!

13. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Exactly seeming so if they beat us we are both at 4-3 and them holding the tiebreaker. You gotta think steelers will have the other wild card spot. Plus it's going to be a huge difference this year between having the 5th or 6th seed. 5th seed will most likely be playing the colts. 6th seed would be between bengals/steelers, pats, Denver.

At this point Patriots are the toughest matchup. Steelers are scary with Big Ben, Brown, Bryant, bell. Denvers. Defense is insane.

Going to be a fun to watch this all shape out. A lot of competition in the AFC this year

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sorry, dont see the point about discussing the playoffs at this point in the season

Right now I would prefer a win each Sunday going forward and the playoffs take care of themselves.

Oh and yes Lets GO Mets!

15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

This game is huge. Rebound vs. NE, and to put ourselves as the clear top of the wildcard race, and keep it interesting the division. OAK is no joke this year, but I expect us to rebound and win.

If we win this one, I could see us winning out the rest of the way. The schedule is favorable, and this team is GOOD.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

This game strikes me as a big deal. Going into the NE game I think the players were believers about the new course laid out by the CS and FO. Sure a lot of that is how they relate to Bowles through the week, and the new players on the roster. But it has also been about winning.

While I don't think that has been altered by the NE loss, losing two in a row with the loss to Oak having potential implications down the road would be very problematic. Rebounding against Jville will not mean much, then there's the Ryan circus to deal with which imo for the Jets is a potentially difficult situation. It will be less so if the Jets win in Oakland.

17. Big Cat

I think a lot of people are underestimating that Bills game. They'll be getting a lot of key pieces back by then and Rex will hype it up as their super bowl, of which we all know the effects. It'll hurt them in the long run, but they'll come out firing that day. Think of the times we've ruined Miami's playoff hopes week 17 because of Rex's "missions".

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree, but imo no matter how much the players have bought into the CS so far, they will be going into that one tighter than otherwise of they lose the Oakland game. Losing that and some doubts creep in. Not going to go too psychologist here, but it's just human behavior.

19. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

As long as the Jets aren't hungover from the NE game, I think they will beat OAK. Cooper looks like he could be a top 5 WR in the future, but Revis should be up to the challenge.

20. DeezNuts

DeezNuts Banned

I still can't believe they lost on Sunday. Still in absolute utter shock.

BleedGreen89 likes this.